McDermott's coaching

Penfield45

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude. No.

Incredible happy for the win but the defense was a sieve in the 2nd half.... this isn't something new. Still waiting for this to be corrected.

The good thing is Josh is awesome. Need the coaches, particularly the HC to figure ***** out there if we want a championship. 

I’m sorry........I’m just......ummm.....could you repeat that? 

I haven’t had THAT much to drink, but it seems I’m confused! 

6 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Is this something we need to be concerned about? Another game where we give up a huge lead and let a team comeback. It's happened against good teams and against mediocre teams. Today he was totally bailed out by Allen for what would have been a disaster of a game. McD's lack of in game adjustments and conservativeness at times hurts us. McD didn't learn anything from the Texans game last season. 

We are 3-0 yes but sometimes I wonder if he is truly the coach to take us all the way. 

You’ve been calling for Daboll’s firing since the first snap of the season. 
why should anyone take you seriously?

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don’t really buy the excuses. Just think they sucked today and have been average at best to start the year for whatever reason. 

But the offense is firing on all cylinders so it’s all good for now. 

I hear you. We definitely have not yet seen the dominating type of performances that this defense had last year. But in my thinking, last week was hard to judge with our top 3 LBs not playing, and this week, there still seemed to be a lot of factors that played into the poor second half performance. Doesn't excuse it, but just doesn't have me worried that all of a sudden they aren't good anymore. Plus due to the abbreviated offseason, I'm kind of in an "I'm not going to make too many rash judgements" mode based on the first few weeks for a lot of things in the league this year. 

But only time will tell if we have something to worry about or not. I'm just not there yet, but I can also understand why you are.

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Think they turn the ball over on downs once. 

yeah right after the half where LA made adjustments and we went down and scored. The turnovers is what allowed them back in the game as well as our defense. We don’t turn the ball

over, no comeback for the rams. We do a better job stopping the run, and rams don’t have a shot either.

McVay did a good job not panicking and stuck with the run even when behind. Edmunds did not have a good game in regards to stopping the run, would over pursue and the rb would just cut back.

We also had no pass rush in the second half 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Is this something we need to be concerned about? Another game where we give up a huge lead and let a team comeback. It's happened against good teams and against mediocre teams. Today he was totally bailed out by Allen for what would have been a disaster of a game. McD's lack of in game adjustments and conservativeness at times hurts us. McD didn't learn anything from the Texans game last season. 

We are 3-0 yes but sometimes I wonder if he is truly the coach to take us all the way. 

Shouldn't that blame be more on the OC and DC.  They are the ones who are looking at the films and trying to understand the player tendencies. 

1 hour ago, Big C said:

Gotta play a full 60 minutes but I think McD did well with the clock management at the end of the halves.

Yep it was a bad defense in the 2nd half but I give McDermott and Daboll credit for playing that last drive perfectly. We needed to score a TD but not leave any time on the clock. We ended up having 1st and goal with 20 seconds on the clock and the Rams had no timeouts. At that point I was very confident we were going to steal the win.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yep it was a bad defense in the 2nd half but I give McDermott and Daboll credit for playing that last drive perfectly. We needed to score a TD but not leave any time on the clock. We ended up having 1st and goal with 20 seconds on the clock and the Rams had no timeouts. At that point I was very confident we were going to steal the win.

Steal it back, at least. 

We do need to figure out how not to collapse in the second half. It is a glaring trend over three games. Not that Fitzmagic doesn't happen or that the Rams are bad. Just, when you get up 3+ scores you shouldn't give it up at any point, let alone two weeks in a row. 

So, some good, some bad. I trust the staff to make the adjustments. There always seems to be a point in the year where our D just melts down week after week. Here is hoping we get it out of our system now.