McDermott's coaching

Penfield45

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

The 3rd QTR stuff is a real problem. Who is to blame, dunno...

No, it's the 4th Q stuff.

D has given up 30 points last 2 games in the 4th.

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Thought the topic was McDermotts coaching...Which was trash in the 2nd half of this football game after the Rams made adjustments.

Same against the Dolphins. 

And the Texans..

16 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I love how some people think coaching in real life is like Madden.  Just push the right buttons and you'll dominate every opponent every time!!

Lazy take. It's the coaching staff's job to make sure the team as a unit is prepared, executes, and is motivated.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What?

The HC is a defensive guy. His defense was a disaster after the Rams made adjustments.

So does that mean that the defense should always play well?  

Every single year you B word about the defense and every single year they get it corrected.

So just say it now Scott, make the prediction the defense plays horribly all year.  Just say it.

• Like (+1) 2

Nice win, however...  the Rams affirmed the book on Allen - put pressure on him and he makes mistakes.  Add to that, the offensive calls in the 2nd half (pun intended) left much to be desired.  Early in the 2nd half they showed a stat regarding the past 4 Bills drives.  All were scoring drives of over 60 yards which begged for the Bills to run the ball or execute screen passes as the Rams defense was likely tired.  Why did they constantly line up with an empty backfield?  What happened to Yeldon? 

Edited by Haslett_Stomp

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So does that mean that the defense should always play well?  

Every single year you B word about the defense and every single year they get it corrected.

So just say it now Scott, make the prediction the defense plays horribly all year.  Just say it.

people dont respect who we played against today..

8 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Nice win, however...  the Rams affirmed the book on Allen - put pressure on him and he makes mistakes.  

That's "the book" on just about every QB that's ever played. Allen does a pretty good job of avoiding pressure in the pocket and can even make huge plays when that happens. Given enough of those though he can start to get a bit reckless and make throws that are too aggressive, hold the ball too long, take too much yardage on sacks, etc.

However, it's possible that maybe you lose some of those big plays he makes if he plays "smarter" in some of those instances too. For a guy that can stiff arm NFL DE's, maybe you take the good and bad with that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

Is this something we need to be concerned about? Another game where we give up a huge lead and let a team comeback. It's happened against good teams and against mediocre teams. Today he was totally bailed out by Allen for what would have been a disaster of a game. McD's lack of in game adjustments and conservativeness at times hurts us. McD didn't learn anything from the Texans game last season. 

We are 3-0 yes but sometimes I wonder if he is truly the coach to take us all the way. 

I'd agree with you last week in the Miami game and often last year too, we tended to let off the gas.  This week the Rams just picked apart the defense.  Was more about execution IMO or maybe the players just aren't as good as everyone thinks. 

Seems like every play action pass was a completion?

Great point @BullBuchanan.  I am a big Allen fan but think the coaching staff put him in situations today that did not play to his strong suits.  Probably the result of good coaching by the Rams' staff but something to watch going forward.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Is this something we need to be concerned about? Another game where we give up a huge lead and let a team comeback. It's happened against good teams and against mediocre teams. Today he was totally bailed out by Allen for what would have been a disaster of a game. McD's lack of in game adjustments and conservativeness at times hurts us. McD didn't learn anything from the Texans game last season. 

We are 3-0 yes but sometimes I wonder if he is truly the coach to take us all the way. 

Officially on the hot seat?!!

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't know, the coaches put a gameplan that put the team 28-3 at the half, the players stopped making plays on defense, IMO.  White had a really bad game, Phillips got moved in the running game with ease and the Rams started to make plays. At one point we were gassed on D. 

To me, this is on the players. (mostly on D)

oh and Winters is really bad at guard.  

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Hey, I've said Allen is great....Just stating the obvious with this defense. They have underwhelmed to say the least. But it feels better to say "McVay is a great coach". I hope McDermott doesn't have the same mentality. Hopefully hes pissed at the way his defense performed.

People seem to forget sometmes that the opposition can have good coaching and a talented team of play makers that are going to make plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

I'm interested in what you think McDermott did wrong? Stop blocking Aaron Donald?

• Like (+1) 1

Hahaha. Threads like this are funny. There really is a contingent of fans that will never be satisfied unless the Bills win 42 — 0 each week. Even then I’m sure there will be a penalty or two that will be cause for concern. 

But I will say, I’ve noticed that it’s almost like there is another team of professionals on the other side of the ball that all get paid a shitload of money to win also. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 1

Sweet Jesus. Are we still doing this three years later, after 2 playoff appearances in 3 years (after a 17-year playoff drought, no less) and another 3-0 start?

This crap deserves a ban hammer!

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Would you prefer Adam Gase?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Sweet Jesus. Are we still doing this three years later, after 2 playoff appearances in 3 years (after a 17-year playoff drought, no less) and another 3-0 start?

This crap deserves a ban hammer!

Would you prefer Adam Gase?

You want to ban posters who think differently than you?