McDermott's coaching

Penfield45

22 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

We beat a very good football team AND we beat the refs who called maybe the worst game I have ever seen.

Josh has ZERO interceptions  so far.

As McDermott always says, we have a lot to improve on, but come on.  We just beat 2 opponents, one a possible SB contender.

This team reminds me of the 89 Bills, we are going to get better.  That should be a scary thought for the rest of the league.

💯 percent on the money. This was probably the worst officiating in a game that I’ve ever seen. It felt like the refs were trying to pull one for LA almost the whole game until the end. I think that PI call was a make up for the BS INT call they made. Good win regardless and we keep Ramsey’s mouth shut

• Like (+1) 1

In 2 of the last 4 games, a McCoach led team has blown 2 TD+ leads in the second half.  The difference today from the WC loss is they've finally added talent (or had it mature) which can win shoot-outs.  

Today validates why teams need must be able to out-score their opponents.  Going with a strong defense and pedestrian offense is a scheme which doesn't work in the NFL anymore.  

This team no longer lives and dies on McD's defense.  It's Allen and the offense now. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

In that past when? They've pulled out games like this in the past.

I don't really understand this point. Yes the Bills won which is awesome. Their defense was a disaster in the 2nd half. What is the argument?

Well maybe you can understand this : there are two good teams out there with 2 really good coaching staffs trying to get their team to exert its will on the other one.

The Bills won that battle of the wills and got that big W.

8 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Wow really? Well we need to get better with the adjustments later in the game. is that better? Has our adjustments worked as well as the other teams the last 3 weeks and take that to the last 4 weeks if you want to include the playoffs?

You mean are we making good adjustments in three games that weve won? Is that serious questions? The other team has coaches too. They make adjustments-they worked. Then, we made ours. Guess what, they worked. Thanks for playing.

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

YES I KNOW. Does this mean the Bills defense didn't suck dick in the 2nd half?

No it means a very good team found a way to matriculate the ball down the field ;)

I think the Rams scored a TD on every 2nd half possession. Bravo!

Like the Bills did in the first half.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You mean are we making good adjustments in three games that weve won? Is that serious questions? The other team has coaches too. They make adjustments-they worked. Then, we made ours. Guess what, they worked. Thanks for playing.

You are clueless, I have no clue how to say that any nicer. Josh Allen has stepped up come the end of the game, it was not coaching adjustments.

The only thing I'm concerned about if the officiating. The defense is fine. The offense is good. The coaches will adjust. But it is very difficult to overcome terrible officiating.

I mean, constant holding all game long and they never called it! I'm not one to usually blame the refs, but that was just horrible. I was ready to turn off the ball game.

1 minute ago, billrooter said:

You are clueless, I have no clue how to say that any nicer. Josh Allen has stepped up come the end of the game, it was not coaching adjustments.

Sounds like you are just guessing. The coaches are making adjustments all game long. That's their job. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

In that past when? They've pulled out games like this in the past.

I don't really understand this point. Yes the Bills won which is awesome. Their defense was a disaster in the 2nd half. What is the argument?

There is no argument. It's me telling you that when the team collapses like it did today, it would be an L long before it would be a W.

I have more than my share of memories of Bills vs Dallas on MNF, or how many times Leodis McKelvin gave the Pats* the ball back by trying to return a punt when the Bills had the lead. I still see Doug Flutie sneaking it in to win the game for SD. These are the games that have broken our hearts for years.

In the end, I'd rather have to figure out how to improve our defense than what do with our QB situation. The latter is no longer an issue.

5 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Ok, guy that can barely string coherent sentences together. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm confused how anyone can come away from that game saying the defense is "fine'.

I thought the defense was "elite'.

Oh, they are definitely not elite.  

All I'm saying is that they idea that the Bills' coaches aren't making "adjustments," is an all-time moronic statement. 

59 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Is this something we need to be concerned about? Another game where we give up a huge lead and let a team comeback. It's happened against good teams and against mediocre teams. Today he was totally bailed out by Allen for what would have been a disaster of a game. McD's lack of in game adjustments and conservativeness at times hurts us. McD didn't learn anything from the Texans game last season. 

We are 3-0 yes but sometimes I wonder if he is truly the coach to take us all the way. 

3-0 

Rams are a superbowl caliber team. Not matter how its done its a win. Refs with that bad call on the INT completely changed the momentum. Game is about runs. Just be glad we have a team who always comes out with a win no matter the circumstances. Thats a sign of a tremendously coached football team.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

The only thing I'm concerned about if the officiating. The defense is fine. The offense is good. The coaches will adjust. But it is very difficult to overcome terrible officiating.

I mean, constant holding all game long and they never called it! I'm not one to usually blame the refs, but that was just horrible. I was ready to turn off the ball game. week by more than ten points

Sounds like you are just guessing. The coaches are making adjustments all game long. That's their job. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Yes I am guessing your right, why have we started out every game like a juggernaut then in the second half got outplayed in the second week going all the way back to the playoffs and games before that as well? I am very happy we are 3-0 but just curious why we can't close, any insight? 

Edited by billrooter

I'm confused how anyone can come away from that game saying the defense is "fine'.

I'm confused how anyone can be such a stick in the mud consistently like you are.

We played a high power offense today. What is confusing? Were you expecting the Bills to keep them under 20 points?

The Bills are going to get into shootouts sometimes. We are not going to have an elite defense forever.

Just now, billrooter said:

Yes I am guessing your right, why have we started out every game like a juggernaut then in the second half got outplayed in the second week going all the way back to the playoffs and games before that as well? I am very happy we are 3-0 but just curious why we can't close, any insight? 

Because the other teams have coaches and players too who are trying to come back and win the game.

When your entire team fails to execute, loses discipline, and generally melts down you look to the coaches or a star player to right the ship. When your star players are doing it too, there's no one else you can hold responsible but the coaching staff. It doesn't need to be an indictment saying McD isn't good, but owners and GMs seem to hold coaches accountable for blowing big situations. I'm not sure why we as fans can't.

Super stoked we came out on the winning end of it, but it's fair to look at getting outscored 29-0 in the second half as something that should not have happened.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm confused how anyone can be such a stick in the mud consistently like you are.

We played a high power offense today. What is confusing? Were you expecting the Bills to keep them under 20 points?

The Bills are going to get into shootouts sometimes. We are not going to have an elite defense forever.

Because the other teams have coaches and players too who are trying to come back and win the game.

Hence, they are making better adjustments than us....right? I am happy as hell we are 3-0 but your not concerned going back to the playoffs we got up big every week or started out on fire and regressed?

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Really? One would think that character would show up on 3rd an 11, 1st and 20, or 3rd and 8 when they needed a stop. Didnt show up until Allen and Daboll manufactured a win.

Since the Rams gave up a 3rd and 22 after taking the lead late in the 4th....they didn’t show character.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

When your entire team fails to execute, loses discipline, and generally melts down you look to the coaches or a star player to right the ship. When your star players are doing it to, there's no one else you can hold responsible but the coaching staff. It doesn't need to be an indictment saying McD isn't good, but owners and GMs seem to hold coaches accountable for blowing big situations. I'm not sure why we as fans can't.

What star on that defense managed to right the ship? 

Just now, billrooter said:

Hence, they are making better adjustments than us....right? I am happy as hell we are 3-0 but your not concerned going back to the playoffs we got up big every week or started out on fire and regressed?

Well, at least you've backed off the comment that the Bills' coaches aren't at all making adjustments.