McDermott's coaching

Penfield45

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This adds nothing. I was told by several people this defense was elite. They get completely ran over in the 2nd half of football games. 

This team? The offense did yes. The defense was lost in the 2nd half.

doesnt add content ? we played a talented team that k nows how to win. they put up points all around solid team. coaching doesnt bother me.

need more content.. sorry im exhausted after that game dont have the energy to spell it out

Edited by PrimeTime101

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

These are games we usually lose.  This team showed character today.

Exactly. There will always be things that need to improve, and McVay made some great adjustments that Frazier couldn't adjust to, but we've seen this story end badly a million times, and having a QB who can have a bad second half but still drive the team to a game-winning score with 15 seconds left on the clock is awesome.

Some people just need to be miserable always. Not occasionally. ALWAYS. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m concerned about the defense. 
Not as much as others, our guys were clearly out of gas. Even in previous years when we got blown out I’ve never seen the D quit. Today they were just exhausted

It was a very warm day in WNY today.  Last week we were in the 60's during the day and near freezing at night.  

As bills fans we are unbelievable 3 years ago we would have been out matched out coaches and lost we have a guy come in here and turn this team in to something to be proud of  but because he not  perfect you guys wanna throw the baby out with  bath water maybe you want  Rex or Philip s you r galley back   Unbelievable

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

He needs to look at how the defense is being called with big leads and obviously what they are doing at halftime 

Maybe check the brownies that the D snacks on at halftime.  Second half they seem to be "Like wow, man.  Chill out!  We'll stop the other team...who are they again?"

26 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Two good NFL teams went head to head today.  Why do you have to be constantly "concerned"?

I am very happy we are 3-0, but this team has a ton of talent. I believe he has a right to be concerned, the roster is stacked and since Sean has been the head coach we have had alot of trouble in closing games, good lord this team is going to give me a heart attack!

31 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Is this something we need to be concerned about? Another game where we give up a huge lead and let a team comeback. It's happened against good teams and against mediocre teams. Today he was totally bailed out by Allen for what would have been a disaster of a game. McD's lack of in game adjustments and conservativeness at times hurts us. McD didn't learn anything from the Texans game last season. 

We are 3-0 yes but sometimes I wonder if he is truly the coach to take us all the way. 

Are the Rams worried about McVay? He let them get down 28-3 and, more importantly, LOST the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Saying there werent adjustments is obviously a stupid comment.

That said, the defense really needs to get this figured out. Its ok to play the run that poorly, but you cant give up 300 yards in the air on the other side.

Really all the adjustments seem to come from the other Team, have you watched the games? Allen has bailed us out the last two weeks and the first week we were complete crap the second half and got outplayed.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude. No.

Incredible happy for the win but the defense was a sieve in the 2nd half.... this isn't something new. Still waiting for this to be corrected.

The good thing is Josh is awesome. Need the coaches, particularly the HC to figure ***** out there if we want a championship. 

Dude. Yes. They got the W. In the past, they would always go full collapse and get the L. I'd rather have an 'oh, schitt' moment like the second half collapse with a W.

Plus, we beat a team with a winning record.

3 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Really all the adjustments seem to come from the other Team, have you watched the games? Allen has bailed us out the last two weeks and the first week we were complete crap the second half and got outplayed.

You are confusing "successful" adjustments with "any" adjustments. Every coach makes adjustments. Some times they just don't work as well as the other team's. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

I am not too alarmed by the coaching. Had the team not turned the ball over twice (one on a completely BS call) the Rams would have had a harder time to rally. That INT gave the Rams some life and then the fumble by Josh (and a bad penalty) basically legitimized their rally and made things easier for them. Great teams have an offense and defense that complement each other. And the offense via the turnovers and the lack of moving the ball compromised the defense against a very strong offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You are confusing "successful" adjustments with "any" adjustments. Every coach makes adjustments. Some times they just don't work as well as the other team's. 

Wow really? Well we need to get better with the adjustments later in the game. is that better? Has our adjustments worked as well as the other teams the last 3 weeks and take that to the last 4 weeks if you want to include the playoffs?

Edited by billrooter