Josh Allen - week THREE report card

rayray808

I will give Josh a B. This game showed off what he still has to work on. Ball security and turnover aversion. He needs to hold onto the ball with two hands, he will have a lot more fumbles lost that could cost this team games if he continues with that sloppy habit. However he did get this team 5 TD's and put together the comeback when it mattered most. Another blatant issue in my opinion was the unsportsmen like conduct penalty which made a bad situation worse. 

Josh had a good game but it should have been a great game. He has somethings he needs to work on but he is getting there. Hopefully he handles Vegas and this team can get 4-0.

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

24/33 - 73% completion - 311 yards - 4 TDs 1 INT - 8 yards rushing - 1 rushing TD - 1 fumble

Before the pitchforks come out regarding my grade let me make one thing clear: Josh had some really bad plays that could/should have lost us the game... we still won, but it does not erase those head scratching, game crippling plays. You take those away? He has another A+ game. All I ask is you don't let the flashy fantasy scores blind your assessment of his play this week.

With that said, here is what I loved:

- Flawless first half of football. He was in command at all times and showed franchise qualities that he is indeed the dude.

- Trusting his WR's and spreading the ball all around the field

- a mix of fastballs and loft change ups - his touch is unreal right now (Diggs laser in the endzone vs Ramsey was amazing)

- He is our offense. 5 TD's total

most importantly...

- when things were bad, and we knew it was Josh Allen time, deep down I knew he would somehow pull it off. It reminded me of watching Brett Favre back in the day, or even Rodgers now. The 3rd down and long to Beez was just amazing. Then to follow it up with a game winner was must see TV!

As Josh progresses and starts becoming weekly MVP talk, we need to be more critical and hopefully clean up the head scratching moments. Yes, maybe the INT should not have counted, but it did and lead to a complete snowball effect of a Rams comeback. Yes, when he avoids the blitz he sometimes makes nice throws down the field however yelling at a ref after a play and taking sacks in moments where we absolutely cannot allow it just cannot happen if we want to win playoff games. Need proof? Watch our last playoff game.

Overall, Josh is playing at an incredible level and as a Bills fan I could not be happier. I invested tons of $$ in his rookie cards 3 years ago and right now those prices have absolutely sky rocketed. People are starting to believe, and I am sure networks are calling the league right now trying to get more Josh Allen on TV. B+ vs A-, who cares. We should all be celebrating as Bills fans. We have waited a LOOOONG TIME for this.

GO BILLS! 

Josh Allen Season Report Card:

Week 1: M

Week 2: V

Week 3: P

:wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

It WASNT an interception!!!!

They can say it was, and you can believe it, but it wasn’t. 
Do you have eyes????

Do you believe them????

Or do you just believe what the broadcast tells you EVEN when you can see it is wrong?

When the  both players come down with the all it Is the offenses Ball! NFL rule, not mine😘

Stats say int

Like an error in baseball who cares?

Not like they are overturning now.

Get over it.

2 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Yup, and this grader has 2/3 games below an A.  Again, your grading system is objectively wrong if you are grading someone on average below an A when he is pacing for a record breaking season.  Obviously, he won't keep up with pace.  

Just funny a 5 TD game where he carried the entire team on his back, is a B+ because of some bad plays.  

Um Duh, that's how one grades, no?  First of all, let me say the grades are entirely meaningless. A win is a win.  But when I taught, you lost points for mistakes. An A+ is completely mistake proof AND exceptional. It goes down from there. There were enough mistakes to take it to a B+ IMO.. BTW I think a B+ is a VERY VERY good grade. A C is  average.

Just now, Crayola64 said:

okie dokie lol.  Just pointing out that our QB is on pace for 70 TDs, and this guy won't give him As 😂

Josh had some struggles in the final 20 minutes. The fumble. The facemask. Took a couple bad sacks.

To me, an A+ is a flawless game. An A is near flawless. And a B + is a really good game. B+ is reasonable.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Honestly Josh in the middle of the Defense very likely would improve things. 

He would pull a Bateman in the Movie The Replacements.

Coach: get me the ball

JA You want the ball?

Coach: yes

JA: I will get you the ball ;)

17 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

24/33 - 73% completion - 311 yards - 4 TDs 1 INT - 8 yards rushing - 1 rushing TD - 1 fumble

Before the pitchforks come out regarding my grade let me make one thing clear: Josh had some really bad plays that could/should have lost us the game... we still won, but it does not erase those head scratching, game crippling plays. You take those away? He has another A+ game. All I ask is you don't let the flashy fantasy scores blind your assessment of his play this week.

With that said, here is what I loved:

- Flawless first half of football. He was in command at all times and showed franchise qualities that he is indeed the dude.

- Trusting his WR's and spreading the ball all around the field

- a mix of fastballs and loft change ups - his touch is unreal right now (Diggs laser in the endzone vs Ramsey was amazing)

- He is our offense. 5 TD's total

most importantly...

- when things were bad, and we knew it was Josh Allen time, deep down I knew he would somehow pull it off. It reminded me of watching Brett Favre back in the day, or even Rodgers now. The 3rd down and long to Beez was just amazing. Then to follow it up with a game winner was must see TV!

As Josh progresses and starts becoming weekly MVP talk, we need to be more critical and hopefully clean up the head scratching moments. Yes, maybe the INT should not have counted, but it did and lead to a complete snowball effect of a Rams comeback. Yes, when he avoids the blitz he sometimes makes nice throws down the field however yelling at a ref after a play and taking sacks in moments where we absolutely cannot allow it just cannot happen if we want to win playoff games. Need proof? Watch our last playoff game.

Overall, Josh is playing at an incredible level and as a Bills fan I could not be happier. I invested tons of $$ in his rookie cards 3 years ago and right now those prices have absolutely sky rocketed. People are starting to believe, and I am sure networks are calling the league right now trying to get more Josh Allen on TV. B+ vs A-, who cares. We should all be celebrating as Bills fans. We have waited a LOOOONG TIME for this.

GO BILLS! 

The only bad play that really hurt was that interception that was BS call by the refs,  Kroft came down to the ground the ball and DB got his hands in there as he was falling down.  The tie at that point always goes to the offensive player,  refs were just trying to keep Rams in the game,   glad the refs stepped up and made the proper call on PI call as db made contact 5 years pass the line.

Let's give Allen some credit for making some clutch throws including 3 and mile and he hits Diggs in double coverage to give them a shot.  Give Allen credit for making throws you did not see the previous seasons 

• Thank you (+1) 3