Josh Allen - week THREE report card

rayray808

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

But because he's willing to try and escape the sack he makes a few miracle plays per game. I don't ever want him to lose that. I'll accept a couple sacks that look stupid in exchange for those incredible game changing plays.

Yep. As long as he holds onto the ball when it happens I live with it. Cos even at 3rd and 22 and 3rd and 25 he is able to make plays.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You made a ridiculous statement and equivalent and I responded. I didn't say anything about an A+ game, nor do I believe he had one.

Explain to me how the ridiculous equivalent (that I pointed out) has any relevance. If Mahomes throws 4 picks in a loss, does it make Josh’s game grade better? 

If someone here said “Mahomes was A+ in the Chargers game and Josh was B+ today,” maybe it would be a relevant grievance to someone. AFAIK, no one has said that. In fact, I’m not sure anyone said Mahomes played great that game. 

How this extremely simple point missed you is beyond me.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

I think B+ is fair. Even though his INT was NOT an INT, it was still a bad decision to throw that ball. At times he held the ball too long and took unnecessary hits and sacks.

But man, he is a gamer. He brings it all game, every game, and he wills himself to victory. What an awesome player to have on our side, and it's awesome we have some receivers who can make catches and help him out.

This was a down game for Allen and this team, but he still accounted for 5 TD's and got the win. Even the down games look pretty good.

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

24/33 - 73% completion - 311 yards - 4 TDs 1 INT - 8 yards rushing - 1 rushing TD - 1 fumble

Before the pitchforks come out regarding my grade let me make one thing clear: Josh had some really bad plays that could/should have lost us the game... we still won, but it does not erase those head scratching, game crippling plays. You take those away? He has another A+ game. All I ask is you don't let the flashy fantasy scores blind your assessment of his play this week.

With that said, here is what I loved:

- Flawless first half of football. He was in command at all times and showed franchise qualities that he is indeed the dude.

- Trusting his WR's and spreading the ball all around the field

- a mix of fastballs and loft change ups - his touch is unreal right now (Diggs laser in the endzone vs Ramsey was amazing)

- He is our offense. 5 TD's total

most importantly...

- when things were bad, and we knew it was Josh Allen time, deep down I knew he would somehow pull it off. It reminded me of watching Brett Favre back in the day, or even Rodgers now. The 3rd down and long to Beez was just amazing. Then to follow it up with a game winner was must see TV!

As Josh progresses and starts becoming weekly MVP talk, we need to be more critical and hopefully clean up the head scratching moments. Yes, maybe the INT should not have counted, but it did and lead to a complete snowball effect of a Rams comeback. Yes, when he avoids the blitz he sometimes makes nice throws down the field however yelling at a ref after a play and taking sacks in moments where we absolutely cannot allow it just cannot happen if we want to win playoff games. Need proof? Watch our last playoff game.

Overall, Josh is playing at an incredible level and as a Bills fan I could not be happier. I invested tons of $$ in his rookie cards 3 years ago and right now those prices have absolutely sky rocketed. People are starting to believe, and I am sure networks are calling the league right now trying to get more Josh Allen on TV. B+ vs A-, who cares. We should all be celebrating as Bills fans. We have waited a LOOOONG TIME for this.

GO BILLS! 

Per the bold text, can you cite all those “bad, head scratching, and crippling plays” that almost cost us the game? I saw a bunch in defense, though.

A+

Football is not about perfection.  Allen had over 300 yards passing, 4 TD passes and 1 TD rushing.  He had 2 TO's but it's hard to count the INT against him as it was one of the worst calls I've seen in some time. 

Through two and a half quarters, Allen was perfect.  Five possessions and four TD's as the Bills raced out o a 28 - 3 lead.

Then adversity struck and with the game on the line Allen marched the offense the length of the field and won the game. 

That's an A+ grade in my book.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

To explain why your grades are so bad.  If Allen replicates these performances every week, he is the undisputed MVP.  If your performances are on an MVP level, they shouldn't be Bs.

Russell Wilson May have something to say about this. Using your argument... IF they both duplicate the current numbers they are producing it will be the two greatest QB performances in history but Russell would win MVP. 

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

seriously what is an A for you guys..

In fairness of the guys giving B+.... Josh did have two turnovers again. That is 2 out of 3 games he has turned it over twice. I can live with one turnover being an A- and that is what I gave because ultimately I don't count the INT. But I can understand where the B+ comes from. It comes from turning it over twice. 

A+  Allen has more heart, toughness and competitiveness than any quarterback in the NFL I have ever seen.  Ever.  He won that game on sheer willpower (and a timely flag, and some beautiful throws).  He was taking a beating.  Man he's tough.

Jets fans friends warned me Winters is a mauler in the run game, effective, but very bad at pass pro.  Don't like seeing him in there at guard.  Was Ford okay?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

In fairness of the guys giving B+.... Josh did have two turnovers again. That is 2 out of 3 games he has turned it over twice. I can live with one turnover being an A- and that is what I gave because ultimately I don't count the INT. But I can understand where the B+ comes from. It comes from turning it over twice. 

that was not a int.. A- at least. 4 passing touchdowns and a ru ning td dont make up for that?

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

that was not a int.. A- at least. 4 passing touchdowns and a ru ning td dont make up for that?

I agree I discount it. But I can see why some might not cos whatever we thing it was what it was.

Edited by GunnerBill

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

this qb could end up mvp and never get an A or A- from certain people on these boards.. just saying..

2 hours ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

24/33 - 73% completion - 311 yards - 4 TDs 1 INT - 8 yards rushing - 1 rushing TD - 1 fumble

Before the pitchforks come out regarding my grade let me make one thing clear: Josh had some really bad plays that could/should have lost us the game... we still won, but it does not erase those head scratching, game crippling plays. You take those away? He has another A+ game. All I ask is you don't let the flashy fantasy scores blind your assessment of his play this week.

With that said, here is what I loved:

- Flawless first half of football. He was in command at all times and showed franchise qualities that he is indeed the dude.

- Trusting his WR's and spreading the ball all around the field

- a mix of fastballs and loft change ups - his touch is unreal right now (Diggs laser in the endzone vs Ramsey was amazing)

- He is our offense. 5 TD's total

most importantly...

- when things were bad, and we knew it was Josh Allen time, deep down I knew he would somehow pull it off. It reminded me of watching Brett Favre back in the day, or even Rodgers now. The 3rd down and long to Beez was just amazing. Then to follow it up with a game winner was must see TV!

As Josh progresses and starts becoming weekly MVP talk, we need to be more critical and hopefully clean up the head scratching moments. Yes, maybe the INT should not have counted, but it did and lead to a complete snowball effect of a Rams comeback. Yes, when he avoids the blitz he sometimes makes nice throws down the field however yelling at a ref after a play and taking sacks in moments where we absolutely cannot allow it just cannot happen if we want to win playoff games. Need proof? Watch our last playoff game.

Overall, Josh is playing at an incredible level and as a Bills fan I could not be happier. I invested tons of $$ in his rookie cards 3 years ago and right now those prices have absolutely sky rocketed. People are starting to believe, and I am sure networks are calling the league right now trying to get more Josh Allen on TV. B+ vs A-, who cares. We should all be celebrating as Bills fans. We have waited a LOOOONG TIME for this.

GO BILLS! 

• Like (+1) 1