Josh Allen - week THREE report card

rayray808

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

24/33 - 73% completion - 311 yards - 4 TDs 1 INT - 8 yards rushing - 1 rushing TD - 1 fumble

Before the pitchforks come out regarding my grade let me make one thing clear: Josh had some really bad plays that could/should have lost us the game... we still won, but it does not erase those head scratching, game crippling plays. You take those away? He has another A+ game. All I ask is you don't let the flashy fantasy scores blind your assessment of his play this week.

With that said, here is what I loved:

- Flawless first half of football. He was in command at all times and showed franchise qualities that he is indeed the dude.

- Trusting his WR's and spreading the ball all around the field

- a mix of fastballs and loft change ups - his touch is unreal right now (Diggs laser in the endzone vs Ramsey was amazing)

- He is our offense. 5 TD's total

most importantly...

- when things were bad, and we knew it was Josh Allen time, deep down I knew he would somehow pull it off. It reminded me of watching Brett Favre back in the day, or even Rodgers now. The 3rd down and long to Beez was just amazing. Then to follow it up with a game winner was must see TV!

As Josh progresses and starts becoming weekly MVP talk, we need to be more critical and hopefully clean up the head scratching moments. Yes, maybe the INT should not have counted, but it did and lead to a complete snowball effect of a Rams comeback. Yes, when he avoids the blitz he sometimes makes nice throws down the field however yelling at a ref after a play and taking sacks in moments where we absolutely cannot allow it just cannot happen if we want to win playoff games. Need proof? Watch our last playoff game.

Overall, Josh is playing at an incredible level and as a Bills fan I could not be happier. I invested tons of $$ in his rookie cards 3 years ago and right now those prices have absolutely sky rocketed. People are starting to believe, and I am sure networks are calling the league right now trying to get more Josh Allen on TV. B+ vs A-, who cares. We should all be celebrating as Bills fans. We have waited a LOOOONG TIME for this.

GO BILLS! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

WEEK ONE: B+

WEEK TWO: A+

WEEK THREE: B+

24/33 - 73% completion - 311 yards - 4 TDs 1 INT - 8 yards rushing - 1 rushing TD - 1 fumble

Before the pitchforks come out regarding my grade let me make one thing clear: Josh had some really bad plays that could/should have lost us the game... we still won, but it does not erase those head scratching, game crippling plays. You take those away? He has another A+ game. All I ask is you don't let the flashy fantasy scores blind your assessment of his play this week.

With that said, here is what I loved:

- Flawless first half of football. He was in command at all times and showed franchise qualities that he is indeed the dude.

- Trusting his WR's and spreading the ball all around the field

- a mix of fastballs and loft change ups - his touch is unreal right now (Diggs laser in the endzone vs Ramsey was amazing)

- He is our offense. 5 TD's total

most importantly...

- when things were bad, and we knew it was Josh Allen time, deep down I knew he would somehow pull it off. It reminded me of watching Brett Favre back in the day, or even Rodgers now. The 3rd down and long to Beez was just amazing. Then to follow it up with a game winner was must see TV!

As Josh progresses and starts becoming weekly MVP talk, we need to be more critical and hopefully clean up the head scratching moments. Yes, maybe the INT should not have counted, but it did and lead to a complete snowball effect of a Rams comeback. Yes, when he avoids the blitz he sometimes makes nice throws down the field however yelling at a ref after a play and taking sacks in moments where we absolutely cannot allow it just cannot happen if we want to win playoff games. Need proof? Watch our last playoff game.

Overall, Josh is playing at an incredible level and as a Bills fan I could not be happier. I invested tons of $$ in his rookie cards 3 years ago and right now those prices have absolutely sky rocketed. People are starting to believe, and I am sure networks are calling the league right now trying to get more Josh Allen on TV. B+ vs A-, who cares. We should all be celebrating as Bills fans. We have waited a LOOOONG TIME for this.

GO BILLS! 

This grade is absolutely ludicrous he’s at minimum an A at no time since Jim Kelly do we get a QB that can do the things this kid did today 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

A+

Fourth quarter comeback. Five touchdowns. Overcame an awful call and a momentum shift. Bailed his defense out.

Oh, and his O-Line was getting absolutely destroyed at the end of the game and he still made it happen on several third and long plays.

Did he make a few mistakes? Yes. That doesn’t invalidate all of the points above.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

NO INTERCEPTIONS  yet this season.

You can’t even!!!!!

That was simply our ball. 

You do know he was credited with one INT today, right? It was BS, but it an INT.

Very nice game. But a few sloppy plays puts my score at B+ as well.

Just now, Crayola64 said:

To explain why your grades are so bad.  If Allen replicates these performances every week, he is the undisputed MVP.  If your performances are on an MVP level, they shouldn't be Bs.

A B+ is a VERY GOOD grade, not a bad one. I've always been against grade inflation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1