[Name Only Title] Space eater Damon "Snacks" Harrison

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I stated my points prior.  You disagree.  Cool. What would you like me to do? Restate the points I’ve already made?

It's not a disagreement. The Jets are the worst offense in the league. That's a fact. The Dolphins are bottom 10. So the statement of playing good offenses is bogus. The Rams are good obviously.

1 hour ago, cle23 said:

It's not a disagreement. The Jets are the worst offense in the league. That's a fact. The Dolphins are bottom 10. So the statement of playing good offenses is bogus. The Rams are good obviously.

Are you serious?  Where did I say we played against good offenses.  You are 💯 putting words in my mouth.  

In my post i stayed several reasons why our defense is struggling.  ONE of the things I said was that we aren’t playing the terrible offenses of last season.  I think the disconnect here is that you must think that offenses are either terrible or good.   You’re insinuating that I said the dolphins are a good offense when in actuality, I was insinuating that the dolphins don’t have a terrible offense.....especially when their QB is on his game.

This year, we played one terrible offense.  the Jets.

Miami, while they aren’t great, aren’t terrible.....unless you say they are of course. They were good enough to beat the best defense in football last season with a bye on the line.  If Fitz is on his game, the offense he runs is FAR from terrible.  He played great vs us.  The Miami offense is not terrible imo.  They have a streaky QB.  When he’s hot, he’s hot.  When he’s not, he’s not. He was hot vs us. 

The rams have a great offense. 

Last year, we played duck Hodges, Brandon allen, Dwayne Haskins, Eli Manning, Marcus mariota and the Jets x2.  the other QBs we played, Dalton, Baker, wentz, dak, Lamar, Brady x2.  We played vs 2 good QBs.  4 if you want to include Brady as being good last season. 

The offenses that we played last year, as a whole are MUCH worse than the offenses we’ve played this year. Almost every offense we faced was bad

that was a monumental waste of my time.  Don’t expect another reply.

2 hours ago, cle23 said:

Super cool

On 9/27/2020 at 9:05 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Phillips was terrible against the run. 
Not saying the Bills don’t need to do something, but Phillips didn’t fix the problem last year. 

Funny that we are way worse without them, couldn't have been that bad, can add Corey Liuget to that list as well.

They really need to address this next offseason and some Olineman that can actually play, dont know why they signed Dawkins long term as he is just a guy and the rest of them are ok with Ford being terrible.

I'll take the contrarian position on this.  It's nothing against Damon Harrison.  The position of the players is that the roles of the defensive linemen are more complex than we, the fans realize (my words, not Harrison Phillips - the interview I heard),  The Bills have brought in a bunch of new linemen (Mario Addison, Quinton Jefferson, Vernon Butler, and AJ Epenesa).  Without the benefit of OTAs, and mini-camp, and with the training camp being abbreviated and lacking the benefit of preseason games, players are not as familiar and comfortable with their assignments and coordinating with other players as they might have been going into the season under more normal circumstances.  The struggles of the line are less related to talent than they are being sharp with assignments.  Signing another new player who has to learn the system will likely not help.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Funny that we are way worse without them, couldn't have been that bad, can add Corey Liuget to that list as well.

They really need to address this next offseason and some Olineman that can actually play, dont know why they signed Dawkins long term as he is just a guy and the rest of them are ok with Ford being terrible.

Bills gave up 105 yds/gm rushing last season, 123 per game for the last 3 of the season.

Through 3 games this season 106 per game. How is that way worse? 

The line has a lot of new parts with not much prep time together and both starting lbs have been fighting injuries.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

We've drafter 4 D-Lineman in the past 3 years and Ford is far from terrible.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

I'll take the contrarian position on this.  It's nothing against Damon Harrison.  The position of the players is that the roles of the defensive linemen are more complex than we, the fans realize (my words, not Harrison Phillips - the interview I heard),  The Bills have brought in a bunch of new linemen (Mario Addison, Quinton Jefferson, Vernon Butler, and AJ Epenesa).  Without the benefit of OTAs, and mini-camp, and with the training camp being abbreviated and lacking the benefit of preseason games, players are not as familiar and comfortable with their assignments and coordinating with other players as they might have been going into the season under more normal circumstances.  The struggles of the line are less related to talent than they are being sharp with assignments.  Signing another new player who has to learn the system will likely not help.

Every defensive tackle has a plan.........until they shift their weight slightly the wrong way.

In that case the current Harrison Phillips gets dominated. 

A better DT would not.

This isn't an old style 3 man, two gap front.   1T and the 3T both have the opportunity to make tackles and get in the backfield. 

Unless Vernon Butler steps up they probably won't have the horse at 1T this season to be stout.  They bet a lot on him........ because Phillips was coming back from injury and Star Lotulelei has been mostly a traffic cone at 1T since they gave him that $50M deal.

The Seattle Seahawks are planning to add a veteran presence to their defensive line.

The team intends to sign defensive tackle Damon 'Snacks' Harrison to their practice squad, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports, per source. However, with the process for adding free agents currently in flux the timeframe for this move is unclear at this point, according to Garafolo.

https://www.nfl.com/news/wednesday-s-nfl-injury-and-roster-news-for-week-5

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ALF said:

The Seattle Seahawks are planning to add a veteran presence to their defensive line.

The team intends to sign defensive tackle Damon 'Snacks' Harrison to their practice squad, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports, per source. However, with the process for adding free agents currently in flux the timeframe for this move is unclear at this point, according to Garafolo.

https://www.nfl.com/news/wednesday-s-nfl-injury-and-roster-news-for-week-5

See my post on page one 10th one down ;)

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Word is the Bucs tried to snag him off the Seahawks PS but he said he wanted to stay in Seattle.

I propose: offer him our cap and a starting spot and have Zimmer or Butler back him up.  Allow Jefferson to play the 3tech, because he can’t play the 1tech effectively.  I think that’s a fact at this point.  Allow Jefferson and Oliver to move out to DE in situations where we are getting gashed by the run.  

that being said, I’m sure it’s a waste of time at this point because he seems happy in Seattle.  

but we need a big body along the DL, that we know.    How do we get this done

On 9/28/2020 at 12:03 PM, Thurman#1 said:

Phillips didn't have all that many pressures last year. He was lucky enough to turn a large number of his pressures to sacks. But he wasn't the answer.

Losing Star was big, bigger than most wanted to admit. Hopefully the D can adjust using scheme and tactics. And by getting healthy, which is certainly a major part of the problem.

Huge difference between sacks and pressures. Also, he had 9.5 sacks, 13 TFLs, and 16 QB hits. That is called making plays, something the Bills d-linemen aren't doing this year. 

46 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Well force them to elevate him, it literally costs you nothing to try and get him. 

I’m not even sure if that’s the case.  I think the Bills can sign him and there’s nothing Seattle can do about it.  The problem here seems to be that Snacks doesn’t want to leave and refuses to sign with other teams, allowing Seattle to keep him on the PS.

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m not even sure if that’s the case.  I think the Bills can sign him and there’s nothing Seattle can do about it.  The problem here seems to be that Snacks doesn’t want to leave and refuses to sign with other teams, allowing Seattle to keep him on the PS.

Maybe offer him a bit more money? Got to kick the tires.

17 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Maybe offer him a bit more money? Got to kick the tires.

I would sure, but I’m not quite sure Beane and McD want him.  They could’ve had him for next to nothing a few weeks ago. Hopefully now that our lack of size up front has become a more pressing issue, they’ll make something happen.