Tremaine Edmunds and the run game

BillsFan130

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would say a bit of both.

Mcvay out schemed MCD especially in the 2nd half.

But Edmunds has to get off blocks and make more plays in my opinion.

Well, let's see how he does against the Raiders. Hopefully, the Rams are just that good and the Bills crush the Raiders completely. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Run game absolutely yes, gotta disagree on the pass game. He wasn’t the one giving up all of the catches to the WRs. Tre had an off game and Wallace continues to play bad. They abused Taron Johnson badly too 

There was a few throws over the middle Goff manipulated Edmunds specifically and targeted his space in the zone 

I hope Edumonds learns from this game, he seemed to find his groove against the run last year but this game was not his best effort. I hope that shoulder isn't making him more tentative and making him less effective. 

1 minute ago, BruceVilanch said:

He's 23 coming into a season with no off season, no TC, and playing one of the best offenses in the league with a wunderkind offensive head coach. I think he'll be fine

Add in coming off of an injury. 

This continues to be an issue with his game. After a certain point, you can't use his youth and inexperience as the excuse for too much longer.  He's batting goose eggs in a D where the LBs rack up heavy tackle stats.  

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’m not sure Tremaine is instinctive or physical enough to stay in the middle. He doesn’t have to be a Ray Lewis intimidating type of presence, but he does need to be a sure tackler and physical. He’s a coverage linebacker and that’s fine, but I’d play him on the outside next season.

i also think his height is a disadvantage there.  He is too tall/lean and gets beaten at the point of attack. 

I don't know how his shoulder affected him today, but run defense and tackling have always been a problem for him. He needs to play angry and make RB's fear him.

I still remember Butkus saying his most fervent wish was to hit a guy so hard that his head would come off and roll down the field. Now there was a LB that understood how to intimidate an opponent.

Edited by GreggTX

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’m not sure Tremaine is instinctive or physical enough to stay in the middle. He doesn’t have to be a Ray Lewis intimidating type of presence, but he does need to be a sure tackler and physical. He’s a coverage linebacker and that’s fine, but I’d play him on the outside next season.

I’ve been wanting this for a few years now...as a MLB he is just mediocre to me...but he might be elite as an OLB....

• Like (+1) 1

Bills play two coverage linebackers and a nickel DB on most downs. So it’s not surprising that they can struggle vs the run. They need their DL to play better if they’re going to stay with this scheme. They got run over and didn’t generate much of a pass rush either today.