Tremaine Edmunds and the run game

BillsFan130

First off, awesome win by the Bills as they beat a good team and faced a lot of adversity.

While there were a lot of positives, there were also a lot of negatives.

One of them was Tremaine Edmunds, especially in the run game.

Seemed to me like there were a lot of missed tackles, not getting off blocks, and missing the holes.

For anyone who knows the game more the game than me, would that be a fair assessment today?

Go Bills, huge win at the end of the day.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m not sure Tremaine is instinctive or physical enough to stay in the middle. He doesn’t have to be a Ray Lewis intimidating type of presence, but he does need to be a sure tackler and physical. He’s a coverage linebacker and that’s fine, but I’d play him on the outside next season.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

First off, awesome win by the Bills as they beat a good team and faced a lot of adversity.

Seemed to me like there were a lot of missed tackles, not getting off blocks, and missing the holes.

For anyone who knows the game more the game than me, would that be a fair assessment today?

Agree 100% Edmunds is not impressing me. This is the year he is suppose to take the NFL by storm. I don’t know if the injury is effecting him or what but he did not look good today. This defense as a whole though has not performed great all season. Besides some of the Jets game and some of this game. I think it might have something to do with the confidence in Allen. That they don’t have to carry the weight but something has to change. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Totally agree that Edmunds was a goat today. He bit on the fake so many times and over pursued - that led to Woods having a field day! Reminded me of the first three halves in 2 games of the 2018 season when the QBs manipulated Edmunds easily.

He needs to have more discipline.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Totally agree that Edmunds was a goat today. He bit on the fake so many times and over pursued - that led to Woods having a field day! Reminded me of the first three halves in 2 games of the 2018 season when the QBs manipulated Edmunds easily.

He needs to have more discipline.

Ya that’s the part that’s frustrating to me. Everyone knows the rams offence depends on people “taking the candy” and it seems like he hit every time

I think some of the fans here are completely clueless about how good the Rams' offense is. 

I hate running into those types in the wild, unless I'm completely drunk in which case I'd change the subject to something less complex than LB play and the opponents game plan and/or skill. 

tenor.gif

Edited by Paulus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

I think some of the fans here are completely clueless about how good the Rams' offense is. 

I hate running into those types in the wild, unless I'm completely drunk in which case I'd change the subject to something less complex than LB play and the opponents game plan and/or skill. 

tenor.gif

My post was pretty conservative if you actually read it lol. 

Yes The rams offence is very good.

But the bills are supposed to have a “very good “ defence as well.

4 straight TDS in the 2nd half is inexcusable, and you can’t just chalk that up as “the rams offence is very good”. Got to do better and I think a lot of it starts with Edmunds in the middle 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Edmunds took virtually every wrong read he could take.   When he did fill the hole, he often missed the tackle.     

Watched him the whole second half as I was so pissed at how defenseless the Bills were with the run up the gut...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2