Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was one of those people that have been on the Josh Allen bandwagon since draft night.  Ridiculed many times for pointing out all the significant improvements in short bursts.  I never understood why others just didnt want to see what was right there in terms of all the significant improvements Josh kept making in short windows.  

The jump just in the work he put in leading up to the draft made a dramatic difference.  His second half of rookie year was leaps and bounds better than his first half before he got hurt.  Last year, his deep ball was atrocious first half the season but started to significantly improve second half.  And if not for so many dropped passes he would have been a 60% passer last year, not to mention the early season deep ball woes had not been there when he was like 1-30 on deep passes.  

The kid just kept getting better and better in front of our eyes, but some wanted to hold on to the doubts to the bitter end I guess.  I mean his accuracy took a big jump all over the field last year except for his deep ball.  This year shouldn't have been a surprise, many of us said all off season he was going to be well into the 60's this year, especially after trading for Diggs.

At least I am $100 richer as one poster bet me he wouldn't break 60% this year and he paid it a week early even with enthusiasm as he was thrilled Josh proved his doubts wrong.  

The kid is just special...cant wait to watch his career blossom even more next year and every year after!

I remember that bet and also remember wondering how somebody could have seen his improvements and bet against him getting to 60%. That was easy money for you. 

there was also a member up at the top of this page that was so obsessed with Allen’s pedestrian production in mountain west that it blinded him to the obvious improvements we were seeing right in front of us as a pro in his first 2 seasons. 

I amount of people that couldn’t recognize the growth and flashes of brilliance, is mind boggling to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

Yes, agreed.

One other thing: I would hope J commita fully to a fitness/nutrition pgm worthy of an elite-level athlete.

Do it now: it will be $ in the bank as he gets older and the athleticism diminishes a bit.

Do I have evidence there is a lack thereof? Not a ton, but his body looks like it could benefit from plus 5-10 lbs of lean muscle mass.

Nutritional evidence: mostly anecdotal, such as discussion w HP when they were driving to West Herr; what I've seen him eating, etc.

And no, I don't want a TB12 plan which, in any event, was "stolen" fr Steve Gundy and his unproven (imo) lectin theory of inflammation. 

Otherwise, not a bad player. I suggest a low-ball new deal, just to keep him around the facility to help Barkley develop.

I thought I remember one of the late season primetime broadcasters saying that Allen had lost a bunch of weight and was playing at about 220 this season.

Anyone else hear that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hmmm...did not hear that, but would be very interested to find out. 

Actually, I heard the opposite.

I "think" it was Ray Lewis who said--in praising what a truck Allen is--"if he's only 240, then I'm 6'5" (paraphrase)

Losing circa 9% bodyweight during the season would be clearly noticeable, and I suspect a concern to the S&C team. Example, Goff lists at 223, and he looks like a stick compared to Big Blue.

40 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Hmmm...did not hear that, but would be very interested to find out. 

Actually, I heard the opposite.

I "think" it was Ray Lewis who said--in praising what a truck Allen is--"if he's only 240, then I'm 6'5" (paraphrase)

Losing circa 9% bodyweight during the season would be clearly noticeable, and I suspect a concern to the S&C team. Example, Goff lists at 223, and he looks like a stick compared to Big Blue.

I swear it was a recent game. I think it was against the Ravens because I think it was Collinsworth. I remember him saying how Allen said playing at the lighter weight felt good and then Collinsworth said something about how it probably wouldn't help him as much when he gets hit by a LB.

Seriously did anyone else hear that?

Maybe it's just the voices in my head.

And FTR, I didn't think Allen looked lighter this year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/30/2021 at 1:23 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I swear it was a recent game. I think it was against the Ravens because I think it was Collinsworth. I remember him saying how Allen said playing at the lighter weight felt good and then Collinsworth said something about how it probably wouldn't help him as much when he gets hit by a LB.

Seriously did anyone else hear that?

Maybe it's just the voices in my head.

And FTR, I didn't think Allen looked lighter this year.

Roger all @transplantbillsfan.

I admit I'm very interested in this topic, due to my trainer days in, like, 1923.

Why? B/c "everyone" is talking about off-season work re tuning mechanics, decision-making, and the like (e.g., today's BufNews)

I'm honestly astounded re lack of discussion S&C&N issues.

Esp b/c it's relatively easy to fix, and doesn't have substantial impact on time devoted to other issues (for pro athlete, just to be clear). The pay off can be enormous vs time invested.

So, please keep us posted if you confirm. Thanks again.

(Note re "voices in your head". One word: lithium...or maybe seroquel)//sarc