Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

On 10/25/2020 at 8:04 PM, Jrb1979 said:

If they were a good team they would have covered the spread and been the dominant team many want them to be. Maybe Bills fans should start watching games outside of the Bills and see what  good teams look like. I look at what the Bucs and The Chiefs did today. The Bills wish they were in the same league. 

Are you referring to the Chiefs who got beat by the Raiders and the Bucs who got shellacked by the Bears who in turn got shellacked by the Rams who we beat? I am not saying the Bills are where the Chiefs are at this point, but the Chiefs are the SB champions. The Bills are clearly a team moving upward and you want to diss them because they have not arrived yet. Please note also that the Chiefs beat the Bills when the Bills played like garbage and were a few inches of knee from turf away from a fumble recovery that would have put us in position to take the lead. They didn't get that .. but seriously ... this is a very good team that needs some more to be great.

On 10/27/2020 at 7:03 AM, Gene1973 said:

Still a lot of football to be played, but it doesn't look like he'll finish at 58%, more likely low to mid 60's. Which is still below average in today's NFL. Unless he truly does learn to check down, which he seems resistant to, which I approve of btw.

How did you do the calculation to come up with low to mid 60s .. is there an analytics site you use or are you just spit balling it based on your perception of his abilities. If you really think he will be in the low - mid 60s you may want to talk to a bookie as you could likely get good odds to make that wager.

On 10/27/2020 at 1:03 AM, Gene1973 said:

Still a lot of football to be played, but it doesn't look like he'll finish at 58%, more likely low to mid 60's. Which is still below average in today's NFL. Unless he truly does learn to check down, which he seems resistant to, which I approve of btw.

Why do you assume he's more likely to finish in the low 60s than the upper 60s where he sits?

His last game was nearly 70% and he's only had 1 game with a completion % less than 60%.

On 10/27/2020 at 5:56 AM, HappyDays said:

I'm going off of the comments from Cover1 where he indicates that Allen could have anticipated the throw before pressure got there. If you have access to all-22 footage and see differently I can't argue with you. Either way this is certainly nitpicking but Allen has shown he is worthy of nitpicking because of the progress he's made.

On the flip side, that throw to Diggs that the broadcasters said he was late on, looks to me like it was a perfect play and throw that Diggs flat out dropped:

In this case he had to evade the pressure before making the throw. The guards were brutal in this game.

Gotta say I'm stoked about Diggs and our WR corps this year.

HOWEVER

We're seeing too many dropped balls from them.  Diggs included.  That's a catch he needs to make.  Another catch he needs to make is that bomb from Allen against the Chiefs in the back of the EZ that should have been a TD.

Again.  Love our WRs this year.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/passing_advanced.htm

16 drops so far this year and as a team Buffalo has the 5th highest drop % in the NFL.

That's better than last year when we were the worst, but not good.

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Allen is doing this with 2 of the worst position groups on Offense in the entire NFL:

Bills have the:

- Worst TE group in the NFL

- Worst RB group in the NFL

The Bills 1st and 2nd round draft picks in 2021 should be used on the Best TE available and Best RB available...in either order.

I don't agree with this.

Neither are the worst.  Problem in part has been Moss's lack of availability, poor run blocking, and Covid now striking our TE group.

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't agree with this.

Neither are the worst.  Problem in part has been Moss's lack of availability, poor run blocking, and Covid now striking our TE group.

Name a TE group worse than what the Bills have.

RB group? Ok i exaggerated a teeny bit. They're Bottom 3 in the NFL, but not the worst.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Allen is doing this with 2 of the worst position groups on Offense in the entire NFL:

Bills have the:

The Bills 1st and 2nd round draft picks in 2021 should be used on the Best TE available and Best RB available...in either order.

And. Top 5 wrs.  But I would love a legit TE for this offense.  Have the Bills ever had a top 5 TE? Robert Royal maybe?

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And. Top 5 wrs.  But I would love a legit TE for this offense.  Have the Bills ever had a top 5 TE? Robert Royal maybe?

Last legit TE we had was Charles Clay, but he was never utilized properly, especially with Tyrod throwing. He would've thrived in this offense.

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We're seeing too many dropped balls from them.  Diggs included.  That's a catch he needs to make.  Another catch he needs to make is that bomb from Allen against the Chiefs in the back of the EZ that should have been a TD.

Thought Diggs should have caught that one. The one against KC was another tremendous play by Thornhill IMO. He didn't touch it but he got his arm right in "the bucket" between Diggs's arms without interfering and made what was already a tough catch near impossible. To me that was more a great defensive play than a drop. The other guys get paid too and when his rookie deal comes up Juan Thornhill is going to get PAID big. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Which having a young and developing franchise QB begs to ask the question why? Where is Brady without Gronk over the years.  (something Brady is clearly aware of IMO.) Where is Mahomes by way of accomplishments without Kelce? What could Allen do with a TE like Kelce? 

I don't get it Biscuit...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

Reprioritizing the run game for the pass game today and finally found success. 

Allen was fine in what were very windy conditions.

Interception seemed to be a miscommunication between Allen and Diggs.

Davis should have caught a TD.

Halfway through the season at 6-2 and solidly in 1st place.

Onto Seattle.

I'll just post the conclusion since it's a subscription site

https://theathletic.com/2179169/2020/11/05/josh-allen-midseason-report/

Josh Allen through 8 games: What’s gone right and what’s gone wrong

Big picture, and what’s to come

Allen should have an opportunity to get back on track this weekend. As difficult as it will be to keep pace with Russell Wilson and the Seahawks’ offense, Seattle’s passing defense has been among the NFL’s most generous to opposing quarterbacks. The Seahawks currently rank 29th in passing defense, according to Football Outsiders’ DVOA. If there’s a game for Allen to return to the player he was in September, this is it.

The schedule won’t stay easy the rest of the way. The Bills have five games left on the schedule against teams that rank in the top 12 in passing defense, according to Football Outsiders’ DVOA. And that doesn’t include games against the Patriots and 49ers. Allen has shown he can handle a tough passing defense. He did so against the Rams in Week 3, carving up zone and man concepts early in the game. But he needs to show that he can find an answer to the way teams have played against this offense in recent weeks.

Teams are showing Allen more zone coverage with Cover 2 and Cover 4 looks. They are disguising the coverage pre-snap and making post-snap adjustments. Allen hasn’t been able to push the Bills’ offense through that. It’s unclear how much the left shoulder injury he suffered against the Raiders has impacted him, but Allen has appeared on the injury report every day as a full participant in practice and has worn a brace during games.

Overall, Allen is a better quarterback than he was in 2019. The lows he’s had in 2020 haven’t been as low as those in 2019. He still needs to prove he can stack up against top defenses and other top quarterbacks the way he did against the Rams. He’ll have plenty of chances to be that quarterback for the Bills over the second half of the season, with games against the Seahawks, Cardinals and Steelers to come.

At the end of the season, the clock starts on when the Bills can extend Allen’s contract. At this point, it’s a safe bet that the team will pick up Allen’s fifth-year option. The next eight games and the postseason should provide more clues as to what Allen’s value will be on his next contract.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/29/2020 at 6:28 PM, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Bills have the:

Our defense stinks though... 

15 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Not sure if this was posted yet, but here is a very telling (and concerning) breakdown of Allen's numbers in the first four games vs last four:

If these metrics in the last four games hold up (or heaven forbid trend further in a negative direction) things will get ugly very fast for this team the rest of the way given the defensive shortcomings and offensive struggles as is.

Give it a rest, buddy. How long will your crusade against this team last?

Allen is top 10 in passing yards and passing TD's and has gotten his team to 6 wins. He is top 10 in passer rating. 13 QB's have thrown more INT's than him (he's tied at 5 INT's with 8 other QB's). He is top 5 in QBR. 67% passer completion percentage.

It's just dumb to continue to talk about how bad he has been playing.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, High Football IQ said:

I'm not disputing the overall body of work, just pointing out that the hard stats (and results on the field) show he's been a completely different player in weeks 5-8 vs 1-4.

Allen has a chance to silence the critics in a major way this week if he can revert back to week 1-4 and put this team in position to be competitive against the Seahawks even in a loss. But if he plays like he has the last four games we'll lose and by a decisive margin.

That's not true. There are many ways to win a game. It is a week to week league. It is entirely possible that our offense explodes and we still lose, or for it to be a defensive slug fest. Just have to wait and see how the game goes.

And it certainly is not fair to erase half of the good games and only focus on the worst games when evaluating any player, especially a QB. Especially when you consider the caliber of opponents and the bad weather.

15 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

For all those who complain about crusading I have a question.

Is it or is it not considered crusading if you're one of the eternal optimist Bills fans who ignores stats/facts pertaining to the team, coahes, players, and just fights tooth and nail based on emotional attachment?

I see that a lot. Don't think those posters get warnigs/bans for crusading..

Ah, our OTHER crusader has entered the scene. Welcome.

Is that what you think I am? An eternal optimist who ignores stats and facts?

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I'm not disputing the overall body of work, just pointing out that the hard stats (and results on the field) show he's been a completely different player in weeks 5-8 vs 1-4.

Allen has a chance to silence the critics in a major way this week if he can revert back to week 1-4 and put this team in position to be competitive against the Seahawks even in a loss. But if he plays like he has the last four games we'll lose and by a decisive margin.

Stop saying WE. You clearly are not a fan.

• Like (+1) 1