Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

I think we need to get the running game going to the tune of them not being wasted downs, but as long as Moss/Singletary are getting a couple yards per run, I’m fine with it.   Just stop with the multiple negative runs per game and focus on getting us to manageable down and distances.  

The NFL is a passing league, and we have a QB who should, theoretically, be able to throw in all conditions as long as we are providing him with the talent necessary.  

I attribute John Brown’s injury riddled season so far with about 80% of the passing issues we’ve had and 20% to a couple bad weather games.   This is why I’d be banging on the table to draft a speed WR in Rd1 this year.. if it means having 7 active WRs on game days, so be it. 

In the Playoffs, if we need to be able to run... we all know who we can turn to...  It’s the guy this thread is about.  I’m fully on board with reigning him in on runs during the regular season, but I think we all know that, come Playoff time, Allen can - and likely will - be running more.  

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

impressive.  I mean I expect him to drop to 7 or 8 while some of these other QBs get in their 10th game, but still pretty dramatic improvement. 

the rest of his draft class is nowhere to be seen. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He does lead the league in passing yards, but he's played 1 more game than many QBs.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

impressive.  I mean I expect him to drop to 7 or 8 while some of these other QBs get in their 10th game, but still pretty dramatic improvement. 

He's 6th in passing yards per game, so statistically he'll probably be 5th-7th by next Tuesday.

On 11/16/2020 at 6:38 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

This is great because it is right. Josh put us up at the end so that it could come down to 1 play but had he played better throughout it would not have needed to. That he acknowledges that and holds himself accountable for it is good to hear. That is why Josh Allen gets better. Because he doesn't find excuses for himself. It is as true in football as it is in life. People who find themselves excuses for failure are bound to fail. 

• Like (+1) 5

And yet I watch guys like Cowherd or read articles written by national writers and they seem to keep saying Allen is "struggling"

LOL

It's insane how many people just can't stand this guy for whatever reason.

You also hear "passing numbers are way up this year, so it's not a big deal"

YET, Allen is still #1 in yards and top 10 in almost everything else that matters. So his ranking relative to all the other QBs is fantastic, yet some still want to explain it away. 

Luckily, the only thing that matters is that Allen is good, getting better, and the Bills are winning much more often than they are losing!

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

And yet I watch guys like Cowherd or read articles written by national writers and they seem to keep saying Allen is "struggling"

LOL

It's insane how many people just can't stand this guy for whatever reason.

You also hear "passing numbers are way up this year, so it's not a big deal"

YET, Allen is still #1 in yards and top 10 in almost everything else that matters. So his ranking relative to all the other QBs is fantastic, yet some still want to explain it away. 

Luckily, the only thing that matters is that Allen is good, getting better, and the Bills are winning much more often than they are losing!

So I watch Cowherd - I think he is entertaining - and I see him give Josh plenty of props. Even this week he said he outplayed Kyler. Some fans only hear the negative stuff and fixate on that rather than acknowledging when people say good stuff about him.

23 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

When that play happened in-game I thought it was either a very strange play design or Diggs ran his route poorly...but after seeing the coaches film it just looks like a good/lucky call on defense with bracket coverage on Diggs. And a great play by Peterson to sag off his man knowing he can cheat a little peek at QB with help

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

When that play happened in-game I thought it was either a very strange play design or Diggs ran his route poorly...but after seeing the coaches film it just looks like a good/lucky call on defense with bracket coverage on Diggs. And a great play by Peterson to sag off his man knowing he can cheat a little peek at QB with help

Isn't this screenshot from Davis/Kirkpatrick INT?

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So I watch Cowherd - I think he is entertaining - and I see him give Josh plenty of props. Even this week he said he outplayed Kyler. Some fans only hear the negative stuff and fixate on that rather than acknowledging when people say good stuff about him.

He's entertaining.  I actually didn't hear the segment where he said Josh outplayed Kyler.  Do you know what he said?  Was this on Monday?  In his top 10 rankings on Tuesday he put the Cards at 10 (I think) and the Bills at 5, but he didn't really talk at all about Josh as the reason for the Bills being at 5.

I think it's fair to say that Cowherd doesn't talk very much about Josh and it's probably because he was so critical of him for a good length of time.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

That was Diggs?  I thought it was Davis.  I can't even tell from looking at the image.

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Isn't this screenshot from Davis/Kirkpatrick INT?

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Good call

:beer:

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

He's entertaining.  I actually didn't hear the segment where he said Josh outplayed Kyler.  Do you know what he said?  Was this on Monday?  In his top 10 rankings on Tuesday he put the Cards at 10 (I think) and the Bills at 5, but he didn't really talk at all about Josh as the reason for the Bills being at 5.

I think it's fair to say that Cowherd doesn't talk very much about Josh and it's probably because he was so critical of him for a good length of time.

I don't think that is fair to say.... he has talked about the Bills and Josh a fair bit this year and he has been like Cowherd always is... a bit extreme in his up and downs. He said it Monday I think. Maybe outplayed was an exaggeration but he basically said our drive was an offense moving and the QB on point and theirs was an elite player making an elite play (meaning Hopkins). 

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

2021 NFL Draft for Bills

1st round - Best TE available

2nd round - Best RB available

Give Josh a #1 TE and #1 RB. He has neither right now.

At least you didn't choose a RB in rd1...

49pdIGC.gif

• Like (+1) 3

13 hours ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

2021 NFL Draft for Bills

Id take Pitts in a second, but he’ll likely be long gone by the time we draft.   Freiermuth could be available when we pick... I’d be tempted.  

Id rather get Josh another speed WR there, seeing as how key a healthy John Brown is, but where I absolutely agree with you is going offense early, and often.  

If we let Milano walk, and we probably should, I’m not in love with a 1st round linebacker to replace him.  This is an offensive league, we already have a high potential MLB, invest in offense, pass rush and corners.   We shouldn’t need two recent 1st round linebackers out there to field a solid defense.  

Edited by SCBills

14 hours ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

2021 NFL Draft for Bills

Think it’s the OL — not the RBs.. I’d argue that drafting a center would be more important than a TE.. Doubt Mitch Morse is here next year and Feliciano is a better guard than a center.. 

1st - Center

2nd - MLB

3rd - NT

There’s other needs on defense.. I certainly feel you draft a few corners and a safety as well... but I’m higher on Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson than most..

Think if we added a true MLB to pair with Edmunds and Klein we’d be fine... Klein is not going anywhere, his contract is such that there’s no way out.. Milano I’d let walk unless he comes back on a cheap prove it deal...

At NT/DT I’m relieved to know that Star is coming back.. but we could use another NT to plug in next to him.. Could use a Ted Washington/Pat Williams style DT to pair with him and I think our running woes would be gone..

Then there’s FB and TE — which I think is highly relevant to our lack of running game.. No FB this year has hurt us.. Poor blocking out of our TEs hurt us.. Lee Smith should see more playing time as a result of that reality.. He’s probably our best run blocker out of all the TEs.. Knox hasn’t provided much as a blocker nor as a receiver.. maybe activate Sweeney at this point.. I could see TE being addressed somewhere in the draft and free agency.. I like the idea of running three TE sets and pounding the ball the way San Fran does.. So I would encourage Beane to add TEs who can really block well..

WR — Could definitely use another one.. perhaps a speed guy in the mold of Mecole Hardman.. An elite return man who can stretch the field vertically.. an heir to replace Brown one day perhaps?

Don’t think we have as many holes as people think.. but we definitely need to draft very well in 2021 if we want to have a shot at a Championship next year..

• Like (+1) 1