Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

On 11/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, buffalo2218 said:

Wow, Allen had 20 passing TDs the whole year last year. He may surpass 40 at this rate. If this defense balls out the rest of the year like yesterday, he could hit 50

It really just is amazing.

I honestly think the most critical aspect of Josh's success has been continuity in OC with Daboll, which is the antithesis of what's happened with his buddy Darnold.

I just really hope Dorsey is being groomed as Daboll's replacement next year to maintain that continuity.

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It really just is amazing.

I honestly think the most critical aspect of Josh's success has been continuity in OC with Daboll, which is the antithesis of what's happened with his buddy Darnold.

I just really hope Dorsey is being groomed as Daboll's replacement next year to maintain that continuity.

Quite honestly, I’m not so sure Daboll would leave. He’s got a good thing goin in Buffalo and IIRC he’s also a Buffalo native. Plus I think the bond he’s formed with Allen could keep him in Buffalo. I’m not sure the Pegulas wouldn’t make him an offer he couldn’t refuse 

17 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

High Football IQ is an “odd handle” for this cat

Been saying the same thing for the last 2 weeks regarding that dude. Goes back to one of my philosophies, which is basically if a person or a business has to tell you who they are then they are probability not it. For example " Reliable Auto Sales"  " Dependable Paving"  to name a few.

im going to add to this conversation and talk about mvp candidate's name on left and stats josh allen has better 

Mahomes< Josh has 68.9% accuracy 3% more.  = same yards per pass 8.2. most other stats mahomes wins (for me hes #1 mvp candidate)

Rogers< Josh has 3.3% more accuracy < Josh has 234 more total yards < .2 more per pass < Allen has 35 more pass attended (more attended better numbers.. interesting)

Rogers is better in td/ int # and ratio but josh owns the rest

I say Mahomes likely wins mvp unless something big happens. where josh falls behind in passing td he catches up in rushing td and we are not even talking about rushing yet so lets get to that...

Josh has 90 more rushing yards and 3 more rushing td then mahomes 5 rush td total

Rogers 0 rush td  61 rushing yards

when you combine total td 

Josh 25 total td

Mahomes  26 total td

Rogers 24 total td

Total combined yards

Josh 2,827

Mahomes 2,752

Rogers 2,314

So when you equal up total yards + total td its tie total td Josh leads total yards and the total td is about even.

And by the way.. one more thing to add for all you accuracy nuts that still say Josh is not accurate based on completion % witch WAS the narative.

% leaders 

Josh Allen ranks #6 in league in passing percent 68.9% for the year

bleeping right Josh needs to be in the conversation 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Been saying the same thing for the last 2 weeks regarding that dude. Goes back to one of my philosophies, which is basically if a person or a business has to tell you who they are then they are probability not it. For example " Reliable Auto Sales"  " Dependable Paving"  to name a few.

What a perfect analogy! Everytime I see that person post it leaves me perplexed and baffled. 

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

im going to add to this conversation and talk about mvp candidate's name on left and stats josh allen has better 

Mahomes< Josh has 68.9% accuracy 3% more.  = same yards per pass 8.2. most other stats mahomes wins (for me hes #1 mvp candidate)

Rogers< Josh has 3.3% more accuracy < Josh has 234 more total yards < .2 more per pass < Allen has 35 more pass attended (more attended better numbers.. interesting)

Rogers is better in td/ int # and ratio but josh owns the rest

I say Mahomes likely wins mvp unless something big happens. where josh falls behind in passing td he catches up in rushing td and we are not even talking about rushing yet so lets get to that...

Josh has 90 more rushing yards and 3 more rushing td then mahomes 5 rush td total

Rogers 0 rush td  61 rushing yards

when you combine total td 

Josh 25 total td

Mahomes  26 total td

Rogers 24 total td

Total combined yards

Josh 2,827

Mahomes 2,752

Rogers 2,314

So when you equal up total yards + total td its tie total td Josh leads total yards and the total td is about even.

And by the way.. one more thing to add for all you accuracy nuts that still say Josh is not accurate based on completion % witch WAS the narative.

% leaders 

Josh Allen ranks #6 in league in passing percent 68.9% for the year

bleeping right Josh needs to be in the conversation 

I don't know if Mahomes had any TD's take away but Josh had that Davis play ruled incorrectly so he should also have 26 total TDs.  

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't know if Mahomes had any TD's take away but Josh had that Davis play ruled incorrectly so he should also have 26 total TDs.  

That play was actually ruled correctly. The penalty was on the opposite side of the field where Diggs was covering up Gilliam. Stupid rule, but clear and obvious penalty.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

That play was actually ruled correctly. The penalty was on the opposite side of the field where Diggs was covering up Gilliam. Stupid rule, but clear and obvious penalty.

Sorry.  Meant the Davis sideline tightrope one on Sunday.

Edited by Doc

I don't even know what to say.

I'm sure we all thought we'd win after that TD pass to Diggs.

Just so disheartened. All we can do is move on and use the bye to get healthy and get better.

This game really doesn't swing the needle one way or another for Allen. Great final drive, but the INTs were no good, and while one looked like miscommunication, the other appeared to be on Allen.

I don't know why we still bother with the run game as much as we do. Just go 5 wide and let Allen throw it and occasionally run the draw play to keep the D honest.

Onto LA

• Like (+1) 1

Allen did his part and more.  QB's will throw INT's and it sure sucked that a couple of his biggest passes got called back on bad penalties.

But with the game on the line Allen drove the Bills 78 yards for what should have been the game winning TD.  This is what makes a great QB and we have a great QB.

• Like (+1) 6

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Obviously, Josh doesn’t understand his own greatness.  He clearly is the the reason the Bills were up at the end. 

Or he completely understands, he had a bad game that allowed Arizona to hang in.  He made some really bad decisions today, mixed in with some great plays, but he’s right, had he not tried to turn the ball over 5 times today, the game would not have been close enough for this to happen.

The Bills ultimately ride or die with Allen.

I'm sick of our run game already.  It's completely ineffective and pointless. Moss and Singletary gained 35 yards on 11 carries, but all those yards came on 3 carries... the other 8 carries gained a net of ZERO yards.

The running game needs to be a threat if it's to benefit the offense.  Ours is abysmal.

Just run the spread formation with Allen every play in shotgun and run it no-huddle. Bring the RB back for protection when needed and the OCCASIONAL handoff.  Let Allen win or lose the games with his arm (and legs occasionally) and just accept that's the way it has to be.  Handing off to Singletary and Moss just seems such a waste of a down and gets us behind the sticks too often.  It's pretty obvious this team wins and loses with Allen at this point.  Just accept that and make that clear in the game planning.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Defense is beyond awful.  We cannot stop the run at all.  The offense being effective and sustaining drives is now hiding just how bad the defense is.  Conversely we cant run even against small fronts and defenses designed to drop against the pass.  No complementary football.  Defense has not had a return td in three seasons  How is that even possible?  McDermott has two weeks to get some of this fixed.  This is beyond ridiculous to not address any of your teams problems all season long.