Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

5 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

What a season from Josh Allen. We absolutely have a Franchise QB and we’ve not confidently been able to say that for two and a half decades. Incredible.

And there’s still room to grow.

If you can believe it he is going to improve even more. Crazy right.  His leadership is off the charts. He's more than a franchise qb. He's going to be an elite superstar. It's now the coaches and GM's duty to continue improving this team. KC is the target.

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I keep watching that video of Allen going through EVERY SINGLE ONE OF his offensive teammates and hugging them.

The kid is just special and I'm so utterly confident that this game is going to do for him this offseason what that Houston loss did last offseason.

I hope fans can get in the stands in Buffalo next year because Josh Allen is going to come out after an offseason of hard work hungrier than ever!

Agreed with the vaccines ramping up, I don’t see why they wouldn’t increase significantly next year.  Josh is pretty special with one correction from one of the attachments.  He had 46 TD’s as he had a receiving TD in addition to the 8 rushing and 37 passing.

Isnt nice to know we won’t be one of the teams calling Houston for Watson.  I haven’t felt that way since Kelly.

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He still hasn’t hit the ceiling

In the offseason I think Allen needs to do 2 things primarily, along with continuing to hammer home the mechanics he improved so much last offseason:

1)  Get into one of those "virtual throwing rooms" I've heard about where they simulate plays with defenses (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought those existed) and just keep on practicing pre and post snap reads

2) His deep ball.  I don't know that I want him throwing it so much the way Russell Wilson does because I think those wildly lofted balls can get Allen into trouble in the Buffalo winds, but his "Go-route" pass definitely needs work.  The funny thing is his "intermediate" passes are fantastic and a lot of those passes for any other QB would be considered deep balls.  It's amazing the guy can just throw an Out to the sideline to a WR 30 yards down the field with little to no effort.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

In the offseason I think Allen needs to do 2 things primarily, along with continuing to hammer home the mechanics he improved so much last offseason:

1)  Get into one of those "virtual throwing rooms" I've heard about where they simulate plays with defenses (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought those existed) and just keep on practicing pre and post snap reads

2) His deep ball.  I don't know that I want him throwing it so much the way Russell Wilson does because I think those wildly lofted balls can get Allen into trouble in the Buffalo winds, but his "Go-route" pass definitely needs work.  The funny thing is his "intermediate" passes are fantastic and a lot of those passes for any other QB would be considered deep balls.  It's amazing the guy can just throw an Out to the sideline to a WR 30 yards down the field with little to no effort.

As to your first point, although a bit dated and deep form writing from 2015, you & others here may find the article from Peter King interesting where he walks through Arians and Palmer (Jordan’s brother) with their game plan prep and install for a typical week, which also utilized the VR headset system called STRIVR, allowing a QB to get additional looks from practice, a tech that I wonder if Josh also uses now in the way you describe? 
https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/11/18/nfl-carson-palmer-arizona-cardinals-inside-game-plan

2019 - Allen wasn’t good enough and this team was carried by its defense.  

2020 - Allen did everything I wanted to see in franchise qb. Won games with his arm. Came back and won games when the defense struggled instead of 14-7. He shown the most improvement of almost any athlete I’ve ever seen in any sport. 

I had very real doubts on Allen and would on the next similar prospect. I truly believe Allen is a complete unicorn and McBeane are absolute geniuses for finding him. 

I’m beyond thrilled that he is my team’s qb.  Great leader and guy who became a beast this year. He has all my respect and I will not spent a second criticizing him. 

The Buffalo Bills have a legit franchise quarterback. Only in a pandemic!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Are others as awe struck by Allen's numbers through 19 games (including 3 playoffs games) as I am?  I mean think back to January 2019. Anyone posting these numbers for Allen's 2020/21 season would have been laughed off this board.

Over 68% completions; just shy of a QB rating of 105; nearly 5400 yards of total offense and 52 TDs!  Are you kidding me. 

Yeah, I seem to remember some folks posting about how if Josh could get his completion % up to 62 or 63% and pass for 220-230 ypg, that would lift our offense to where we could win more as long as our defense stayed stout.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, I seem to remember some folks posting about how if Josh could get his completion % up to 62 or 63% and pass for 220-230 ypg, that would lift our offense to where we could win more as long as our defense stayed stout.

That's where I saw his ceiling, albeit it with about 30-40 YPG rushing.

20 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Are others as awe struck by Allen's numbers through 19 games (including 3 playoffs games) as I am?  I mean think back to January 2019. Anyone posting these numbers for Allen's 2020/21 season would have been laughed off this board.

Over 68% completions; just shy of a QB rating of 105; nearly 5400 yards of total offense and 52 TDs!  Are you kidding me. 

Dude, I was ridiculed by several “experts” around here for simply suggesting that all signs pointed to continued improvement.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I remember a couple of brave souls (I was NOT one) speculating that Allen's top end would look like the Miami game to end the 2018 season.  Those few posters were torn to shreds by the still strong "wrong Josh" crowd. It turns out they not only were right but may have been underestimating Allen's upside.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I remember a couple of brave souls (I was NOT one) speculating that Allen's top end would look like the Miami game to end the 2018 season.  Those few posters were torn to shreds by the still strong "wrong Josh" crowd. It turns out they not only were right but may have been underestimating Allen's upside.

I was one of those people that have been on the Josh Allen bandwagon since draft night.  Ridiculed many times for pointing out all the significant improvements in short bursts.  I never understood why others just didnt want to see what was right there in terms of all the significant improvements Josh kept making in short windows.  

The jump just in the work he put in leading up to the draft made a dramatic difference.  His second half of rookie year was leaps and bounds better than his first half before he got hurt.  Last year, his deep ball was atrocious first half the season but started to significantly improve second half.  And if not for so many dropped passes he would have been a 60% passer last year, not to mention the early season deep ball woes had not been there when he was like 1-30 on deep passes.  

The kid just kept getting better and better in front of our eyes, but some wanted to hold on to the doubts to the bitter end I guess.  I mean his accuracy took a big jump all over the field last year except for his deep ball.  This year shouldn't have been a surprise, many of us said all off season he was going to be well into the 60's this year, especially after trading for Diggs.

At least I am $100 richer as one poster bet me he wouldn't break 60% this year and he paid it a week early even with enthusiasm as he was thrilled Josh proved his doubts wrong.  

The kid is just special...cant wait to watch his career blossom even more next year and every year after!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes his passes in the 15-30 yard range are off the charts. That's his wheelhouse. Deeper throws he did improve some but he still needs more trajectory. I sure hope new dome stadium talks heat up. The weather will diminish this kids' skill.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes, agreed.

One other thing: I would hope J commita fully to a fitness/nutrition pgm worthy of an elite-level athlete.

Do it now: it will be $ in the bank as he gets older and the athleticism diminishes a bit.

Do I have evidence there is a lack thereof? Not a ton, but his body looks like it could benefit from plus 5-10 lbs of lean muscle mass.

Nutritional evidence: mostly anecdotal, such as discussion w HP when they were driving to West Herr; what I've seen him eating, etc.

And no, I don't want a TB12 plan which, in any event, was "stolen" fr Steve Gundy and his unproven (imo) lectin theory of inflammation. 

Otherwise, not a bad player. I suggest a low-ball new deal, just to keep him around the facility to help Barkley develop.

Inexplicable bad sacks because he’s trying too hard to stay alive and the occasional fumble are the last two things he needs to clean up.

He can still be confused pre-snap with some coverages but he’s come on leaps and bounds in that department and he’s starting to beat teams with his brain too. I fully expect this part of his game to develop too as he’s such a young QB in his development. 

Spags and the Chiefs kind’ve owned him with the late disguises but he’s shown an ability to see things a few times and then solve it. He had no idea how to play v zone teams earlier in the year and by the end he was calmly throwing 300+ yards v those teams.

We have a special talent and I don’t think he’s the type of guy that is going to just rest on his laurels after a great year. Another year with Daboll and Dorsey will do wonders for him.

He was a Top 5 QB in the NFL by Year 3. A top 3 MVP candidate by Year 3. Even the biggest homer couldn’t predict that. 

And he still has room to grow. I’m in awe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3