Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

I started thinking a couple of days ago and tried to find the stats but I can’t find them for this year. But when was the last time JA-17 had a ball batted down at the line of scrimmage? I’m sure it’s happened this season but I can’t remember any. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

One weird question: Why aren't most people counting Allen’s receiving TD towards his total TD number?

Do they just not know he has a receiving TD?

Because I mean who even does that? Throws, runs, and catches TDs, a freak that's who.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

And the thing is.... that's his entire NFL career.

Allen became a superstar this year, but he was never nearly as bad as portrayed nationally in his first 2 years.

Just listen to the national media narrative from absolutely everyone... the belief is he was awful his first 2 years when the reality is he was a rookie with an untalented skilled position corps in year 1 (Robert Foster as his #1 WR???), he actually improved dramatically in year 2 but suffered from the highest drop % in the NFL and led his team to a playoff clinching win against the Steelers on SNF and might've had a playoff victory if not for the burden of feeling he needed to carry the team combined with youth...

and here we are in year 3.

I would also offer that Allen’s OL has been absolutely incredible this year.

I thought Allen would be an MVP candidate last year. I was wrong and was obviously a year early, but you certainly saw this as a likelihood in year 2 (and year 1... if you were looking) in terms of Allen becoming a stud.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

One weird question: Why aren't most people counting Allen’s receiving TD towards his total TD number?

Do they just not know he has a receiving TD?

Oh yeah, they most certainly have no idea he has a receiving TD. 

I love the Greg Cossell quote. Originally heard it on Cowherd's show. 

17 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Actually that's just this year. I think he's at 37 TD and 0 INTs for his career.

19 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

he actually improved dramatically in year 2 but suffered from the highest drop % in the NFL

That's something we haven't really looked up in a while.

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Allen became a superstar this year, but he was never nearly as bad as portrayed nationally in his first 2 years.

Just listen to the national media narrative from absolutely everyone... the belief is he was awful his first 2 years when the reality is he was a rookie with an untalented skilled position corps in year 1 (Robert Foster as his #1 WR???), he actually improved dramatically in year 2 but suffered from the highest drop % in the NFL and led his team to a playoff clinching win against the Steelers on SNF and might've had a playoff victory if not for the burden of feeling he needed to carry the team combined with youth...

and here we are in year 3.

I would also offer that Allen’s OL has been absolutely incredible this year.

I thought Allen would be an MVP candidate last year. I was wrong and was obviously a year early, but you certainly saw this as a likelihood in year 2 (and year 1... if you were looking) in terms of Allen becoming a stud.

I agree, Transplant.

He definitely didn’t go from awful (year 2) to superstar (year 3). From his first year, for those watching, you could tell that he was improving and learning how to be a better quarterback.

While he definitely did not deserve superstar status last year, it was weird that he wasn’t getting credit and respect for improving either.

Oh well, it doesn’t matter, we know who we have (and so do most now). Go Bills!

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Actually that's just this year. I think he's at 37 TD and 0 INTs for his career.

That's something we haven't really looked up in a while.

To not have even one interception in the red zone in three years is pretty special and incredible!

Can you say clutch?

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2020 at 10:13 PM, CowboyBill said:

But when was the last time JA-17 had a ball batted down at the line of scrimmage? I’m sure it’s happened this season but I can’t remember any. 

Actually, interesting question...my impression is reduced.

Follow-up: what changed and what does it mean (aside from the obvious, for the pedantics out there).

Sorry, no answers, only more questions... I'm a Miyagi-do wanna be.

21 hours ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

opinionated seeing Trevor not even hit the NFL yet... Lets see Trevor hit the NFL level and then find out who will be better or worse.. Don't get me wrong.. I love the chatter going on but this kind of opinionated talk borderlines on silliness 

The fact that he is not getting more play when his Defense played terrible early on, he has faced a much more difficult schedule, and his yards is more than Rodgers is crazy to me. I think part of it is people not wanting to admit how wrong they were last year when he was good.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The fact that he is not getting more play when his Defense played terrible early on, he has faced a much more difficult schedule, and his yards is more than Rodgers is crazy to me. I think part of it is people not wanting to admit how wrong they were last year when he was good.

Ill take MVP of Super Bowl over Season MVP any day. I'm over it.