Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He absolutely is after this one if Rodgers hadn't had the night he had Allen would be damn close to it.

IMO Allen should be #1 right now.  Yes, I know I am a little biased but Allen faced a tougher schedule and Rodgers has some clunkers as well.  I feel Rodgers will get it based on name but I think Allen has done better.

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

IMO Allen should be #1 right now.  Yes, I know I am a little biased but Allen faced a tougher schedule and Rodgers has some clunkers as well.  I feel Rodgers will get it based on name but I think Allen has done better.

The big difference is Allen has had to do so much work between the 20 yard lines in every game. Really carrying our entire offense. Rodgers is supported by a fantastic running game. And of course Allen has had so many TD's called back on ridiculous illegal procedure penalties and/or dropped. Feels like way more than league average. But very unlikely voters will actually take any of that into account. We would be lucky for them to even take something as simple as SOS into account.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The big difference is Allen has had to do so much work between the 20 yard lines in every game. Really carrying our entire offense. Rodgers is supported by a fantastic running game. And of course Allen has had so many TD's called back on ridiculous illegal procedure penalties and/or dropped. Feels like way more than league average. But very unlikely voters will actually take any of that into account. We would be lucky for them to even take something as simple as SOS into account.

I feel the same.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't know who watched that post-game interview between Allen and Diggs, but if you did, you can see the love.

Allen to Diggs is the new Kelly to Reed.

Except Allen and Diggs are likable, decent dudes. 

(Reed IS likable but in an outdated, chauvinistic, hide-your-wives-and-daughters kind of way.)

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I never expected this out of Josh.

Kinda sucks he'll finish 2nd or 3rd in the MVP voting and McDermott will likely finish 2nd or 3rd in the coach of the year.  Strong field this year for sure.

Still, the point has been made.  The Bills have in place the key pieces of what makes a great franchise.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Josh also has two 400+ yard games.  Rodgers zero.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Josh should of had 6 today though I guess he just would of been taken out earlier.

22 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I know people want Allen to win the MVP, it'd be nice, but Rodgers has a 44/5 TD/INT ratio, that ratio alone gets him MVP over Allen let alone the 10 more TD passes. Allen just has too many TO's in comparison. Not that it matters but Allen may have moved past Mahomes in the MVP talk.

But MVP is not about stats, not about player of the year. I have no problem with Rodgers winning MVP. But Allen is equally valuable to his team, and arguably more because of his performance as well as his personality and leadership, as Rodgers. Plus Josh is close to TDs and the Bills have as good an offense as the Pack. Better possession. Better third downs, etc. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

K-Gun was named after TE not Kelly; reporter got that wrong for it did not fit spiel they were doing. 

Yes. I believe everyone except the reporter probably knew that...but the timing of her report was quite cliche. 

3 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I know people want Allen to win the MVP, it'd be nice, but Rodgers has a 44/5 TD/INT ratio, that ratio alone gets him MVP over Allen let alone the 10 more TD passes. Allen just has too many TO's in comparison. Not that it matters but Allen may have moved past Mahomes in the MVP talk.

MVP is not about having the best stats.  MVP is about how much you are valuable to this league.  If you looked at what Allen has delivered for the Buffalo bills and the NFL, he definitely has made a huge impact.   I hope the writers who decide the MVP voting don't go by just statistics.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ganesh said:

Yes. I believe everyone except the reporter probably knew that...but the timing of her report was quite cliche. 

MVP is not about having the best stats.  MVP is about how much you are valuable to this league.  If you looked at what Allen has delivered for the Buffalo bills and the NFL, he definitely has made a huge impact.   I hope the writers who decide the MVP voting don't go by just statistics.  

If he doesn't get the MVP I'm fine with that but there is no other player more deserving of the Most Improved Player for the season he's had.