Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Don't forget the ref int in the Rams game I think. I still think Bill's player was down.

Not sure which play that was, but you remind me that there was a face mask by Donald on his sack/fumble of Josh, on the play where he got the personal foul. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

With contract extension talk:

"What if I told you a QB left money on the table so his teammates could eat."

Im not saying he should/could/would. But could you imagine how the legend of JA would grow from that!

It's not realistic/fair to expect that from him more likely he does something similar to Mahomes and gets a long deal that stretches it out.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I would personally go to Beane’s house and be his servant for life if he pulled that off 

(assuming Josh continues on his current trajectory)

If he wont take a deal like this the Bills have no incentive to sigh a long term deal now. Just pick up the 5 year option and franchise tag him twice.  If Josh wants to be a Bill for life and get $160m Guaranteed and a $50M signing Bonus in a couple months he will sign a deal like this now

2 hours ago, Doc said:

It’s 15 official turnovers but really 12 are on Josh. 

I don't even think 12 are on Josh.  the pick last week came after Heyward bullied Morse back into JA and hit his arm.  Nothing JA could do about that one.  there have been a couple others that weren't his fault as well.  I'd say he was at fault on 8 or 9.  However... there have been several other "missed" opportunities by defenders this year.  The forced throw to Davis in the end zone tonight was a perfect example.  The Denver CB had both hands on the ball.  would've been a tough play but he probably should have made it.  

All in all, however many turnovers he's been responsible for... the good plays FAR outweigh the bad ones this season. 

7 minutes ago, JY422 said:

I don't even think 12 are on Josh.  the pick last week came after Heyward bullied Morse back into JA and hit his arm.  Nothing JA could do about that one.  there have been a couple others that weren't his fault as well.  I'd say he was at fault on 8 or 9.  However... there have been several other "missed" opportunities by defenders this year.  The forced throw to Davis in the end zone tonight was a perfect example.  The Denver CB had both hands on the ball.  would've been a tough play but he probably should have made it.  

All in all, however many turnovers he's been responsible for... the good plays FAR outweigh the bad ones this season. 

Every QB has ones like that, though. The only INT that should be considered is that COMPLETED PASS in the Rams game. That wasn't even remotely an INT. That's the only abnormal one. All the others have plausible explanations for why they happened regardless of who's fault it was.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Doc said:

It’s 15 official turnovers but really 12 are on Josh. 

And most every QB has a couple of those. The botched snap that cost the Texans against the Colts the other week goes against Watson despite the centre snapping it at his shoelaces. The INT against the Rams is the one that I really think is out of the ordinary and should be deducted for comparison's sake. 

45 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

To be honest I have Josh right there with Mahomes and slightly ahead of Rodgers. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And most every QB has a couple of those. The botched snap that cost the Texans against the Colts the other week goes against Watson despite the centre snapping it at his shoelaces. The INT against the Rams is the one that I really think is out of the ordinary and should be deducted for comparison's sake.

True.  But that shouldn't count against them.  A bad handoff is on the center.  And Moss' fumble was on Moss alone.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

True.  But that shouldn't count against them.  A bad handoff is on the center.  And Moss' fumble was on Moss alone.

I don't disagree but in terms of comparison I mean. If comparing turnovers among the top QBs I'd discount one for the INT against the Rams because that was a freak play. Those others are more common across the league (albeit I agree they shouldn't go against QBs across the board). 

Well, as of now he’s pushed his career completion % up to 61.2%, amd if you just take his 4000, and divide by 14, then avg. out the next two, Allen will be up to 4573 yards for the year.  His lifetime professional % will go up too, and maybe these schmuck talking heads just cannot keep saying Allen is garbage or not to be trusted, etc.

OP, I like how you keep this thread going each week so thanks bud.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't disagree but in terms of comparison I mean. If comparing turnovers among the top QBs I'd discount one for the INT against the Rams because that was a freak play. Those others are more common across the league (albeit I agree they shouldn't go against QBs across the board). 

Yup.  I just don't understand the logic behind charging the QB with a fumble for both a botched snap and the RB failing to secure the handoff properly.  Josh never possessed the ball on the muffed snap but did on the muffed handoff so theoretically only one of those should count anyway.

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And on top of that, there are also the "Interceptions-that-weren't."

Josh has had a few of those this year, including one last night.

I'm sure he'd take responsibility for all 15 turnovers as 15 turnovers is what he has right now.

Nothing wrong with 39 TDs to 15 turnovers when you're 11-3 and the AFC East champions.

• Like (+1) 1