Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

I posted this tweet again because Joe B Makes commentary on it in his post-game reflection:

https://theathletic.com/2259667/2020/12/14/bills-steelers-josh-allen/

2) The unheralded, yet critical play to secure the win

The Bills’ passing offense woke up in the third quarter and helped extend the lead to 16 points. The Steelers then answered with a touchdown drive to pull within eight points in the fourth quarter, making the Bills’ ensuing drive a vital one to close out the game. After one first down, the offense started to unravel. The offensive line allowed two straight pressures that forced Allen to get the ball out of his hands too quickly. Each of his throws, on first and second down, went past his intended target. Two incompletions later, it was 3rd-and-10 from the Bills’ own 47-yard line. There were still over 10 minutes left in the game, so a failed third-down attempt would have given the Steelers the ball back with a chance to tie the game.

Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll got Isaiah McKenzie onto the field and split him out to the far right of the formation. On the same side of the field, but on the inside of McKenzie, were Diggs and tight end Dawson Knox. With the Steelers in man-to-man coverage, Daboll had both Diggs and Knox run short routes to the boundary to create traffic for McKenzie to run a short crossing route and, ideally, enough separation to get a first down. The route was there immediately and Allen got ready to throw the ball, but left guard Ike Boettger lost control of his pass-blocking assignment and Allen had to tuck the ball and side-step the pressure. After neutralizing the threat, Allen climbed the pocket and still found McKenzie, who then gained 12 yards for the first down. If Allen doesn’t have the presence of mind to reset and climb the pocket and then make an accurate throw, the Steelers likely would have gotten the ball back within five plays with plenty of time left on the clock. Instead, Allen and McKenzie made a play, and the Bills got down the field and kicked a field goal to pad their lead even more.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How about this year for Allen? Just unbelievable!

This was just one of those games for Allen. And if not for penalties, Allen would have had even more passing TDs!

Closing in on Kelly's passing TD record for Buffalo after breaking his total TD record last week. 

Closing in on 40 total TDs.

300 yard passing games are now routine.

Another game 70% completion percentage after throwing 40+ times.

It's stupid, but I wanted us to keep throwing it in the 4th quarter, but oh well.

With Allen at the helm, we'll  be competing for Super Bowls for the next couple decades if he can stay healthy.

And I sure do hope Diggs is healthy  🙏

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

How about this year for Allen? Just unbelievable!

This was just one of those games for Allen. And if not for penalties, Allen would have had even more passing TDs!

Closing in on Kelly's passing TD record for Buffalo after breaking his total TD record last week. 

Closing in on 40 total TDs.

300 yard passing games are now routine.

Another game 70% completion percentage after throwing 40+ times.

It's stupid, but I wanted us to keep throwing it in the 4th quarter, but oh well.

With Allen at the helm, we'll  be competing for Super Bowls for the next couple decades if he can stay healthy.

And I sure do hope Diggs is healthy  🙏

Can't believe we went from a great QB in Tyrod to another great QB in Allen!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

Just now, RiotAct said:

10 years $480 million

someone make a thread, I’m too “sugar deep” to figure it out right now. 

I envision a poll, including  questions regarding term, salary per year, and guaranteed money. 

I can do it in the morning after I clean up all these cans 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Actually I undercounted.

According to NFL.com he has 6 fumbles lost, so 15 turnovers.

I think I didn't count the one that was a botched handoff that was attributed to him as a fumble.

I counted 9 interceptions, including that bogus Kroft one, and 8 fumbles with 6 lost, but that includes the Morse fumbled snap against the Chargers and Moss fumbling near the end zone against the 49ers.

With contract extension talk:

"What if I told you a QB left money on the table so his teammates could eat."

Im not saying he should/could/would. But could you imagine how the legend of JA would grow from that!

Edited by letsgoteam
grammer