Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

On 11/8/2020 at 4:28 PM, Don Otreply said:

Where is IQ guy? 
inquiring minds... 😂

7-2 / 4-0 🍾🥂

Go Bills!!!

Or the TBBills guy? Be weary of Pats fans in Bills Zubaz.

Watching how Josh has developed is so fun. I think his best pass all game was the one to Beasley on third down before the half.  Josh scrambled to his right and threw the ball on a rope to a place only Beasley could get. Big first down, Seattle wasn’t able to get another shot before half.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/8/2020 at 6:02 PM, Motor26 said:

On pace for 4600 pass yards, 34 pass TDs, 9 interceptions, 429 rush yards and 9 rush TDs. 

So... basically Cam newtons best season.  With considerably more yards.

It's Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers at the moment.  The Chiefs defense is considerably better than both seattle and GB though - so i feel like the QBs for those teams are basically the only reason they are any good.  

The chiefs look head and shoulders above the rest of the league at the moment.  Hopefully someone can beat them in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

It's Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers at the moment.  The Chiefs defense is considerably better than both seattle and GB though - so i feel like the QBs for those teams are basically the only reason they are any good.  

Yeah, i have to give it to Wilson still at the moment too. His defense is historically bad. He's the entire team. And even in their two losses he's lead their offense to over 30 points in each game. 

The encouraging thing is looking at the schedule I now no longer see games that we can't win. This game against Arizona and Pittsburgh should be the toughest games left. Any given Sunday of course. Overall team record and standing in conference will hold a lot of weight in the MVP race and bottom line is the Bills still have a chance to win out. IF, that happens Allen would at least be in major consideration at minimum.

7 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

This plus if the Seahawks make the playoffs (which I believe will still happen) they'll point to the Seahawks historically bad defense and how Wilson defied the odds by carrying the team.

In fact sadly a lot of the national media talking heads point to the Bills win being more about the Seahawks defense then the Bills offense/Allen's performance which tells you all you need to know in regards to how they will vote for MVP.

For once I agree with you 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah, i have to give it to Wilson still at the moment too. His defense is historically bad. He's the entire team. And even in their two losses he's lead their offense to over 30 points in each game. 

The encouraging thing is looking at the schedule I now no longer see games that we can't win. This game against Arizona and Pittsburgh should be the toughest games left. Any given Sunday of course. Overall team record and standing in conference will hold a lot of weight in the MVP race and bottom line is the Bills still have a chance to win out. IF, that happens Allen would at least be in major consideration at minimum.

Defense needs to build off of this game.  Much like disappointing efforts against Philly/Cleveland in 2019 - they need to move passed the games against TN and KC.  You aren't going to always keep teams from scoring tons of points.  But getting the ball back, and getting key stops - that was a huge step for them. 

The run defense as well - much better without having to fully sell out to stop it.  A lot of that was just better gap integrity from edmunds/klein/TJ.  I know on some of the reads they had edmunds or Klein lined up wide instead of in the middle.  Created some confusion on pass plays, but also has them plugged right into the gap. 

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Or the TBBills guy? Be weary of Pats fans in Bills Zubaz.

Watching how Josh has developed is so fun. I think his best pass all game was the one to Beasley on third down before the half.  Josh scrambled to his right and threw the ball on a rope to a place only Beasley could get. Big first down, Seattle wasn’t able to get another shot before half.

not to be confused with TBBills Fan

• Like (+1) 1

Was listening to Jordon Palmer this morning on NFL Radio.  He commented and asked who is the least athletic QB in the league; answer Tom Brady.  So what makes him so good.  His take it's not the experience, or the system or other obvious things, but it's that he does the same identical thing every pass play.  He commented how if he needs to move to the right, his footwork, etc. is exactly the same every time and that in his opinion what makes him so good for so long.

He then talked about how this is something every QB in the league can work on if they want and specifically mentioned Kyler Murrey and Josh Allen.  Don't think he was implying those two were terrible in that regard, more that it's just low hanging fruit they can work on to improve even more.

5 hours ago, dneveu said:

So... basically Cam newtons best season.  With considerably more yards.

The chiefs look head and shoulders above the rest of the league at the moment.  Hopefully someone can beat them in the playoffs. 

I disagree with the Chiefs.  They have looked quite vulnerable all year.  Even with the Bills playing at their worst essentially, we were within one score late in the 4th.  And keep in mind, we had injuries and Allen was playing hurt too.  Still deserve to be the favorite of course, but just saying not seeing this "head and shoulders" above the rest status. 

I think we can beat the Chiefs.  Not saying its easy, but I really think we can beat the Chiefs in the playoffs as long as our team is healthy.  I think there are other teams that can upset the Chiefs in the playoffs too.  Dont get me wrong, I would peg the Chiefs as certainly the leading favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, and honestly to win the SB.  But, just saying they don't appear head and shoulders better and look beatable to me.  Raiders beat them, Chargers in a rookies first start almost beat them, Panthers almost beat them, we were playing our worst football and hung in there until the very end still.  

I think us, Pitt, Balt, and Tenn will all play them tough, and they will obviously see some collection of those teams in the playoffs.   

apparently, the seahawks' writers think Josh Allen is terrible:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/11/10/21557591/seattle-seahawks-defense-beaten-buffalo-bills-nfl-film-analysis#comments

It should not surprise you if you’ve watched a few of his games, but Allen plays this whole snap poorly. By stepping away from the largely benign pressure of Collier, he steps into pressure by Dunlap. Having created pressure through poor pocket awareness, he then attempts a rushed throw. His form is awful. He is duck footed and throws off one while swinging the other....

Luckily, I guess, Josh Allen goofs his progression. He looks away from Diggs just as Diggs is breaking free. He then looks a long time at the only receiver Seattle has effectively covered, Gabriel Davis. Finally he finds Devin Singletary. He has a long time to make a bad read....

The pass is inaccurate. Diggs has to slow and bubble backward. Which gives Wagner a desperation attempt at a tackle....

Diggs beat him, loses a ton of ground catching Allen’s garbage pass, and Diggs beats Wagner again...

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/11/10/21557591/seattle-seahawks-defense-beaten-buffalo-bills-nfl-film-analysis#comments

It should not surprise you if you’ve watched a few of his games, but Allen plays this whole snap poorly. By stepping away from the largely benign pressure of Collier, he steps into pressure by Dunlap. Having created pressure through poor pocket awareness, he then attempts a rushed throw. His form is awful. He is duck footed and throws off one while swinging the other....

Luckily, I guess, Josh Allen goofs his progression. He looks away from Diggs just as Diggs is breaking free. He then looks a long time at the only receiver Seattle has effectively covered, Gabriel Davis. Finally he finds Devin Singletary. He has a long time to make a bad read....

The pass is inaccurate. Diggs has to slow and bubble backward. Which gives Wagner a desperation attempt at a tackle....

Diggs beat him, loses a ton of ground catching Allen’s garbage pass, and Diggs beats Wagner again...

All I can say is that I hope they never learn...angry Josh is the best Josh, so please keep saying ignorant stuff.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The name of the site is fieldgulls.... That's all I needed to know.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I disagree with the Chiefs.  They have looked quite vulnerable all year.  Even with the Bills playing at their worst essentially, we were within one score late in the 4th.  And keep in mind, we had injuries and Allen was playing hurt too.  Still deserve to be the favorite of course, but just saying not seeing this "head and shoulders" above the rest status. 

I think we can beat the Chiefs.  Not saying its easy, but I really think we can beat the Chiefs in the playoffs as long as our team is healthy.  I think there are other teams that can upset the Chiefs in the playoffs too.  Dont get me wrong, I would peg the Chiefs as certainly the leading favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl, and honestly to win the SB.  But, just saying they don't appear head and shoulders better and look beatable to me.  Raiders beat them, Chargers in a rookies first start almost beat them, Panthers almost beat them, we were playing our worst football and hung in there until the very end still.  

I think us, Pitt, Balt, and Tenn will all play them tough, and they will obviously see some collection of those teams in the playoffs.   

They dont turn it over and are borderline a lock to put up 400 yards.  Their defense has held their own and is currently 6th in points, 13th in yards, and 11th in takeaways.  

That is always going to be a tough team to beat.  

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

They dont turn it over and are borderline a lock to put up 400 yards.  Their defense has held their own and is currently 6th in points, 13th in yards, and 11th in takeaways.  

That is always going to be a tough team to beat.  

I didn’t say they would be easy though.  I literally said it won’t be easy.  I disputed they are heads and shoulders above the rest.  That lost to Raiders and had several other narrow wins against lesser teams.  

Like I said, they are favorites still for the SB, but they aren’t unbeatable.  

5 hours ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Your math is wrong. He's got 24 TDs in 9 games. Over 16 games, he's on pace for 43 TDs.

You're absolutely right. I think he'll get above that 43 mark. There was a couple of lost tds by Davis & Kroft. I don't see him having anymore 0 td games like the Jets. I think 45 total is doable. 

On 11/6/2020 at 12:55 PM, MJS said:

Give it a rest, buddy. How long will your crusade against this team last?

Allen is top 10 in passing yards and passing TD's and has gotten his team to 6 wins. He is top 10 in passer rating. 13 QB's have thrown more INT's than him (he's tied at 5 INT's with 8 other QB's). He is top 5 in QBR. 67% passer completion percentage.

It's just dumb to continue to talk about how bad he has been playing.

High Football IQ is an “odd handle” for this cat