Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

THEY PLAYED THE JESTS 🙄. They aren't good. Josh Allen had regressed since 4-0. Watching the Chiefs and the Bucs play shows how far the Bills are from their class. 

Yes, Josh Allen is not yet Pat Mahomes or Tom Brady.  Shocking.

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

THEY PLAYED THE JESTS 🙄. They aren't good. Josh Allen had regressed since 4-0. Watching the Chiefs and the Bucs play shows how far the Bills are from their class. 

Calm down.

First of all you can never underestimate the impact of divisional rivalries. Second of all, Allen was playing without John Brown, all but 1 of his TEs and his starting Guard.

It wasn’t especially pretty but it was a road divisional W. That's important.

In the 2nd half I really think you're undervaluing something: Allen looks like he started figuring out the zone D. Say what you want about the Jets, but Gregg Williams is a darn good D coordinator and you can bet he saw Allen against the zone D against Tennessee and Kansas City. That's super encouraging considering he's about to go up against Belichick.

Besides, if Kroft can keep his footing and Davis doesn't have a stupid pre-snap formation penalty, Allen has 350+ yards passing and a couple of TDs to boot.

3 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

If they were a good team they would have covered the spread and been the dominant team many want them to be. Maybe Bills fans should start watching games outside of the Bills and see what  good teams look like. I look at what the Bucs and The Chiefs did today. The Bills wish they were in the same league. 

Who cares about the F'in spread other than people focused on making money on NFL games rather than focused on their own team?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Y"all are just like @JoefromWinslow. Just happy with a win. Doesn't matter if they barely beat the lowly Jests. 🙄

How old are you? 

You must be a brand new Bills fan.

Welcome, but understand that you will ALWAYS take a W for the team you're rooting for and move on to the next week because unlike almost any sport, the NFL is a week to week league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

How old are you? 

You must be a brand new Bills fan.

Welcome, but understand that you will ALWAYS take a W for the team you're rooting for and move on to the next week because unlike almost any sport, the NFL is a week to week league.

That's like saying it's hard of win in this league. I look at other teams in the league each week and I see a big difference between the elite teams and the middle of the pack teams like the Bills. After 4 seasons with Mcclappity and Beane I expected the Bills to be in the same league as the Chiefs, Steeles and Titans. Injuries aside they shouldn't have had difficulty with the Jets. I think thats the biggest problem with many Bills fans that have been around since the Rockpile days. This isn't that NFL, it doesn't take 4 years to be a top team. 

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

That's like saying it's hard of win in this league. I look at other teams in the league each week and I see a big difference between the elite teams and the middle of the pack teams like the Bills. After 4 seasons with Mcclappity and Beane I expected the Bills to be in the same league as the Chiefs, Steeles and Titans. Injuries aside they shouldn't have had difficulty with the Jets. I think thats the biggest problem with many Bills fans that have been around since the Rockpile days. This isn't that NFL, it doesn't take 4 years to be a top team. 

You seem to like football on paper rather than watching actual games played.

You said "injuries aside," which is pretty convenient for your apocalyptic perspective. But the fact remains that you can't put those injuries aside. They were part of the equation on top of the Jets getting their rookie WR back and a new offensive play caller and a 2 week "zone defense blueprint on how to defeat Josh Allen." This week Allen managed to overcome being without his starting Guard, his TEs, and the WR he has probably the most longstanding trust in. On top of that our D was clearly playing with half a Milano and without 2 of its 3 top CBS.

But we won.

You take it, get healthy, and move on happily with the W to the next game.

That's the NFL, not your game played on paper.

Also still has an insane red zone scoring percentage, despite coming up short today. And also still zero red zone interceptions. Allen's so good we're calling his 300 yard games "quiet" and even "hollow" now as SaviorIQ or whatever calls him.

Imagine still not buying in on Allen. Not exactly a step in the right direction, basement analysts. Try harder.

5 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Let's watch how the season plays out.  The Bills were "battling for first in the division" in 2018-2019 too.  Then the Pats kicked our teeth in.

If Arizona loses tonight, they will be 2.5 games out of 1st place and will have lost 3 out of 4.

This Stidham, or maybe Cam Newton led, aerial assault to Jakobi Meyers or the bust that is N'Keal Harry Patriots team isn't kicking anybody's teeth in. They are bad. Believe it folks.

5 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Let me guess you're a fan of the Bills from the ancient days. So any improvement is good enough. Sorry but with the parity in the NFL its not hard to win in this league like many seem to believe. 

Just quoting for the horrific nature of this take. Can't quite yet determine if it's junior here schooling us on the "ancient days" of 2012 where we desired better quarterback play, or the nonchalant 18 Coors Light deep fueled declaration that it's easy to win in the NFL that's the cherry.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Sorry but it doesn't take 4 years to turn a season around. Winning the division isn't enough. I expect them to be on the same level as the best teams in the league at this point. 

The best teams in the league...that regularly win Super Bowls? I can think of maybe one? What in the world is this. Who are the "best teams in the league" that regularly win more than just their divisions?

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Fans need to stop making excuses for Allen. All QB's deal with injuries to the talent around them, it's part of the game.

I agree with this in the sense that there is barely a QB in the league who has everything perfect around him at the moment. Even Mahomes is down two starting OL and his #2 receiver.

Where I would just take a slightly different view is the presumption that Allen needs excuses making for him. I didn't think he played very well in the first half last night and listening to Josh nor did he, but he put his big boy pants on second half and came out and played a really good 2nd half. If people are looking at Josh as the reason we didn't win more convincingly last night they are looking at the wrong thing.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

That's all fine and good but it was against the Jets... He could not play well against better competition when given the chance the two games prior. Will he be able to play better against teams such as the Steelers? I'm very skeptical of that...

But I don't think he needs excusing making for those games before they happen. And I agree Josh was not great against the Titans or the Chiefs. The Titans loss I don't really put on him.... the defense and special teams lost us that game. The Kansas City game was more on Josh. Not entirely on him.... the whole offense struggled, but your Quarterback has to play better in that game, no doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Fans need to stop making excuses for Allen. All QB's deal with injuries to the talent around them, it's part of the game.

Don't need much of an excuse for him.

He played a good game. No INTs. Over 300 yards passing. Almost 8 YPA. One TD wiped out by a pre snap questionable formation penalty.

Apparently we need greatness every week now. Last week Aaron Rodgers threw 2 INTs, no TDs for a 45.7% completion % last week.

Shame on him.

15 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Rodgers' body of work outclasses Allens body of work by a huge margin. That will probably be the one time this season Rodegers doesn't have an MVP-like game. Allen, very different story...

year 3 for Josh and has improved each season. but hey, your buddy aaron there, well, he's had his share of bad games and as for your "outclasses" remark, come back and talk to me about it in a couple years.

I thought I was one of the most pessimistic, negative fans around here, but you take the cake.

carry on though, you're quite amusing.

Popular Sportscaster Claims ‘Aaron Rodgers Had the Worst Game of his Career’

Aaron Rodgers Has Y/A Worst Game Ever; Mike McCarthy Fired 

Bills upset Packers; Rodgers has career-worst game

Aaron Rodgers is almost universally considered the NFL's best quarterback. But he has bad days, too.

of course I'm sure you'll find some excuse as to why the great aaron rogers had those bad games.

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

Yeah, he didn't play well, it's pretty simple tbh. And who in their right mind would compare Rodgers to Allen in the first place? Delusional Bills fans I guess...

you did.

19 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Rodgers' body of work outclasses Allens body of work by a huge margin. That will probably be the one time this season Rodegers doesn't have an MVP-like game. Allen, very different story...

Aaron Rodgers is so 

17 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

In Aaron Rodgers' 24-year-old season he was busy throwing 28 passes in 2 games to finally eclipse the 300 yard mark for career yardage. But please keep comparing Rodgers at his peak to Allen now.

6 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Transplantbillsfan brought up Rodgers, but whatever fits your narrative... 

again, you clearly made the comparison. whether before after or whenever but for some reason you seem to want to dodge owning up to it. maybe it's because it is/was a very poor comparison to a 3 year QB vs a 12 year vet. yet I will admit, it was a poor comparison on transplants part as well.

carry on.

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Thanks, and I never knew you were a Mod, congrats on the position.

what does a mod have to with my opinion of your negative/pessimistic takes? oh, and add sarcasm to that mix too, LOL.

mod, are you crazy, the mods have had a heyday with handing me warnings/suspensions, but okay gene.

I wont bug you anymore, I'll just sit back and continue to enjoy the gene1973 show here on the board.

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Aaron Rodgers was on the bench in his 3rd year Shut up!