Allen 2020 stats (ALL 19 Games): 68.4% comp, 7.7 YPA, 104.9 Passer Rating, 52 TDs, 17 TOs (offseason talk starts pg 35)

Josh looked legit, still he does need to hold onto the ball better and just do a little less "hero ball" and throw the ball away a little sooner. He makes a lot happen but he also can make bad situations worse. If Josh can clean up those habits things are only going to go up for him. 

34 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I felt all along that he would be our franchise qb. However, I didn't believe that he would become such an accurate passer and develop such superb touch. His exceptional ball placement in tight quarters is not what I thought he was capable of. I'm happy to say that I was wrong. 

At some point last year in a thread Cincibillsfan and I said we needed to pin our comments as we thought an emerging superstar was on the horizon lol I always envisioned this monster he has become when he refined his game. I am more blown Away with the  touch he is placing this year. So pat on the back lol

in all seriousness though when you take a shot at a franchise you better hit, and Josh has and still makes mind blowing crazy throws, decisions and mistakes. I think certain criticisms was and  will still  be warranted. Never understood going as far to say he’s trash and can’t play though. 

Its good for us he is becoming what he is. If you can live with head scratchers he is a lot of fun to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Josh looked legit, still he does need to hold onto the ball better and just do a little less "hero ball" and throw the ball away a little sooner. He makes a lot happen but he also can make bad situations worse. If Josh can clean up those habits things are only going to go up for him. 

It's been said ever since Josh was drafted that accuracy can't be fixed. If he can overcome that? Then he won't have any problem overcoming what ever is left

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

81/114 for 71.1%% and just killin it!!!

And should be better because that was an utterly despicable call of an Interception by the refs.

That was a terrible fumble by Allen in the 4th.

Clutch throws on his last drive with a 4th and 22 to Beasley. Freaking amazing final drive for his league leading 7th GWD since last season.

At this point is anyone disagreeing we found our next Kelly????

Just DON'T GET INJURED!!!

Allen had 4 throw away incompletions plus the low td throw to Diggs called back or he would've been 80%. These are ridiculous numbers. I expected him to continue improving this year but not by this much. He's gone from 52 to 58 to nearly 72%. And like I said he's had alot of balls he's had to throw away in these 3 games. Crazy......

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I think it'll come with maturity at least I hope it does because this and the fumbles are the worst part of his game that he needs to clean up.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

81/114 for 71.1%% and just killin it!!!

And should be better because that was an utterly despicable call of an Interception by the refs.

That was a terrible fumble by Allen in the 4th.

Clutch throws on his last drive with a 4th and 22 to Beasley. Freaking amazing final drive for his league leading 7th GWD since last season.

At this point is anyone disagreeing we found our next Kelly????

Just DON'T GET INJURED!!!

Got to shout out to Dabs who was scheming guys open all day.

Our o-line started giving up some protections later in the game and the Rams were finding ways of both getting Donald free, and coverages to get Allen to hold onto the ball longer, but for most of the game they played really well.

Will be a lot of material for the coaches to sift through and learn from.

It'll be interesting to see what the NFL talking heads say about Allen this week. I'm sure they'll talk about his mistakes as much as they do his big plays. The interesting thing is so many other QBs avoid this stuff. I just watched Prescott throw a stupid endzone pass on 3rd down to get INT'd, putting a nail in their coffin against the Seahawks. No big deal really, he was just desperate to make a play. But you know if that was Allen they'd crucify him for it. I'm sure Prescott will get away with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I thought we were gonna see it last year... made a thread about it.

Perhaps I was just a little early...

I was wrong and now can't make new predictions for a few more months...

giphy.gif

i was right and i still abided as if i had lost. i think we both won though.

i don't think you should jinx it, as long as the ride is going, just let it go...

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1