Beast

Happy with the win, not happy with the coaching staff

The pats always had that early year screw up. From here it will be interesting to see how the team plays.  This is trying to find it’s identity.  

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Poor job by McVeigh in the first half. Bills had no answer for their ground game and McVeigh kept asking Goff to throw. 4th down call was dumb. 

Int call had nothing to do with the defense. The defense made three decent plays all game - Milano sack, the Wallace pick, and the 4th down stop(decent coverage but bad pass by Goff too). They gave up 3rd and 11 and 3rd and 8 when it mattered. 

I'm sorry Ethan but I'm just happy with the win.  This whole thread is premature to me.

I'll enjoy the win and "worry" about next week later.

My original post was sarcastic.

• Meh 1

defense gave up 500 yards  and a 28-3 lead  Until further notice we dont have a defense lead team anymore  Were in for a world of hurt with power run teams We also still cant run between the tackles consistently  Bad weather comes they better get this stuff ironed out

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Look around the NFL today. Vikings blew a huge lead. Atlanta blew another big lead. 

We played a potential playoff team today and won. Theyve run up and down the field on everyone so far this season. Our defense has holes. Its a concern. Not sure what MCD could have done better to stop the rams the second half. Our DL was losing the battle at the LOS badly. Its a personnel issue imo not a coaching issue. 

Maybe blitz once in awhile. 

• Like (+1) 2

This defense is vastly over-rated. But glad we have an offense that can just outscore you if needed. 

• Thanks! (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Poor job by McVeigh in the first half. Bills had no answer for their ground game and McVeigh kept asking Goff to throw. 4th down call was dumb. 

Int call had nothing to do with the defense. The defense made three decent plays all game - Milano sack, the Wallace pick, and the 4th down stop(decent coverage but bad pass by Goff too). They gave up 3rd and 11 and 3rd and 8 when it mattered. 

The "luck" you mentioned went both ways. I guess you were trying to use luck as an excuse, but it's clearly not a valid one.

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The "luck" you mentioned went both ways. I guess you were trying to use luck as an excuse, but it's clearly not a valid one.

No idea what you are talking about. I said the PI call was a gift in the moment but when I saw the replay I agree it was a good call. It could have gone the other way. If that call was against the Bills we would be screaming the WR initiated the contact all the way down the field.  

The INT call was nuts. Not sure what they saw on the field to even call it an INT and certainly did not see a replay that showed Kroft losing possession of the ball to the DB.

No idea what you are talking about. I said the PI call was a gift in the moment but when I saw the replay I agree it was a good call. It could have gone the other way. If that call was against the Bills we would be screaming the WR initiated the contact all the way down the field.  

The INT call was nuts. Not sure what they saw on the field to even call it an INT and certainly did not see a replay that showed Kroft losing possession of the ball to the DB.

Sorry, this is the post I was responding to when I said that originally.

"I'm alarmed by the play of the defense. The Bills were very lucky to get that PI at the end of the game."

It wasn't you, but I guess you just picked my post out of context....

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This defense is vastly over-rated. But glad we have an offense that can just outscore you if needed. 

Yup!

Said it last year and was told to look at the stats.  #2 in yards and points. But they played a terrible schedule and collapsed in the playoffs. 

This defense needs help soon. They are too old at DE and too small at DT. Bad combination playing in front of a MLB that still can't figure out where to be.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Yup!

Said it last year and was told to look at the stats.  #2 in yards and points. But they played a terrible schedule and collapsed in the playoffs. 

This defense needs help soon. They are too old at DE and too small at DT. Bad combination playing in front of a MLB that still can't figure out where to be.

Stats look good but crunch time this defense is terrible.

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Look around the NFL today. Vikings blew a huge lead. Atlanta blew another big lead. 

We played a potential playoff team today and won. Theyve run up and down the field on everyone so far this season. Our defense has holes. Its a concern. Not sure what MCD could have done better to stop the rams the second half. Our DL was losing the battle at the LOS badly. Its a personnel issue imo not a coaching issue. 

Isn’t personnel a part of coaching?

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Was it the coaches who kept blowing coverage on Kupp and Woods? 

Looked like it was the cornerbacks from where I was sitting but that is just me.

This and the D line was not good at all.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

This and the D line was not good at all.

I don't think anyone on defense with the exception of probably Jordan Poyer can look themselves in the mirror and consider they did their 1/11th today. 

It was against a good offense and a really good play designer and a QB who is totally in sync with him. But it wasn't good enough from the Bills in the second half.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think anyone on defense with the exception of probably Jordan Poyer can look themselves in the mirror and consider they did their 1/11th today. 

It was against a good offense and a really good play designer and a QB who is totally in sync with him. But it wasn't good enough from the Bills in the second half.

I thought Tre and Taron were out on another planet today.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

I thought Tre and Taron were out on another planet today.

The number of times all 3 of the corners got mixed up and blew a coverage was surprising to say the least.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills were gashing the Rams on the ground and got away from it in the second half, up by 25.

It reminded me of them folding in Houston last year.

We have the talent but I am starting to question if we have the coaching to take the next step.

Honestly, what happened today in the 2nd half was inexcusable.

and yet it happens regularly in the nfl 

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

defense gave up 500 yards  and a 28-3 lead  Until further notice we dont have a defense lead team anymore  Were in for a world of hurt with power run teams We also still cant run between the tackles consistently  Bad weather comes they better get this stuff ironed out

it happens 

who cares what fans declare the leader of the team

of the rings that scare me in a shootout, power running is lower down the list. Don’t love any weakness but I’ll take the paper cuts over being susceptible to big plays  

bad weather is completely overrated here 

otherwise, spot on 

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Tell me more...

had they called all plays, runs, these same guys would be calling the coaching staff conservative. Damned if you do, damned if you don't

3 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills were gashing the Rams on the ground and got away from it in the second half, up by 25.

We have the talent but I am starting to question if we have the coaching to take the next step.

Get over it 

3 hours ago, Beast said:

How about a little credit to an elite opponent?