Happy with the win, not happy with the coaching staff

Beast

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

No idea what you are talking about. I said the PI call was a gift in the moment but when I saw the replay I agree it was a good call. It could have gone the other way. If that call was against the Bills we would be screaming the WR initiated the contact all the way down the field.  

The INT call was nuts. Not sure what they saw on the field to even call it an INT and certainly did not see a replay that showed Kroft losing possession of the ball to the DB.

Sorry, this is the post I was responding to when I said that originally.

"I'm alarmed by the play of the defense. The Bills were very lucky to get that PI at the end of the game."

It wasn't you, but I guess you just picked my post out of context....

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

This defense is vastly over-rated. But glad we have an offense that can just outscore you if needed. 

Yup!

Said it last year and was told to look at the stats.  #2 in yards and points. But they played a terrible schedule and collapsed in the playoffs. 

This defense needs help soon. They are too old at DE and too small at DT. Bad combination playing in front of a MLB that still can't figure out where to be.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yup!

Said it last year and was told to look at the stats.  #2 in yards and points. But they played a terrible schedule and collapsed in the playoffs. 

This defense needs help soon. They are too old at DE and too small at DT. Bad combination playing in front of a MLB that still can't figure out where to be.

Stats look good but crunch time this defense is terrible.

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Look around the NFL today. Vikings blew a huge lead. Atlanta blew another big lead. 

We played a potential playoff team today and won. Theyve run up and down the field on everyone so far this season. Our defense has holes. Its a concern. Not sure what MCD could have done better to stop the rams the second half. Our DL was losing the battle at the LOS badly. Its a personnel issue imo not a coaching issue. 

Isn’t personnel a part of coaching?

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

This and the D line was not good at all.

I don't think anyone on defense with the exception of probably Jordan Poyer can look themselves in the mirror and consider they did their 1/11th today. 

It was against a good offense and a really good play designer and a QB who is totally in sync with him. But it wasn't good enough from the Bills in the second half.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think anyone on defense with the exception of probably Jordan Poyer can look themselves in the mirror and consider they did their 1/11th today. 

It was against a good offense and a really good play designer and a QB who is totally in sync with him. But it wasn't good enough from the Bills in the second half.

I thought Tre and Taron were out on another planet today.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills were gashing the Rams on the ground and got away from it in the second half, up by 25.

It reminded me of them folding in Houston last year.

We have the talent but I am starting to question if we have the coaching to take the next step.

Honestly, what happened today in the 2nd half was inexcusable.

and yet it happens regularly in the nfl 

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

defense gave up 500 yards  and a 28-3 lead  Until further notice we dont have a defense lead team anymore  Were in for a world of hurt with power run teams We also still cant run between the tackles consistently  Bad weather comes they better get this stuff ironed out

it happens 

who cares what fans declare the leader of the team

of the rings that scare me in a shootout, power running is lower down the list. Don’t love any weakness but I’ll take the paper cuts over being susceptible to big plays  

bad weather is completely overrated here 

otherwise, spot on 

3 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills were gashing the Rams on the ground and got away from it in the second half, up by 25.

We have the talent but I am starting to question if we have the coaching to take the next step.

Get over it 

3 hours ago, Beast said:

How about a little credit to an elite opponent?

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Was it the coaches who kept blowing coverage on Kupp and Woods? 

Looked like it was the cornerbacks from where I was sitting but that is just me.

I don't know how some fans lay it all on the coaches when the players just can't do the job. Plus, the Rams were on fire, and you have to give them some credit. 

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder how much was taken out of them from the week before playing in that heat in Miami. The Bills defense I mean. They had to play in scorching heat, their banged up at key spots(Edmunds, Milano, Johnson), and then have to play a great offensive team who controlled the clock and kept them on the field. That can't be easy and they have to go out west next week and go play in the heat again in Las Vegas, just an observation I thought of. They got lucky today but hey they are 3-0 and may have just beaten the best team in the NFC. I wont complain there was many a season where I would have taken this win 10/10 times.

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

I don't know how some fans lay it all on the coaches when the players just can't do the job. Plus, the Rams were on fire, and you have to give them some credit. 

Like I said before I would need to look at the all22 to see if I think the coaching staff was putting them in bad spots but honestly from the tv angle it didn't look like that. Looked like players blowing coverages. 

I am seeing this in a better light than I was right after the game.   We are 3-0 and beat a team that was in the superbowl two years ago.    This was a game that could have been a disaster but they found away to win and Allen brought them back like a star QB.    I am still a little worried about the defense with the teams that we must play this year, but hopefully this was more the Rams having a good offense than Buffalo having a bad Defense.