Happy with the win, not happy with the coaching staff

Beast

4 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills were gashing the Rams on the ground and got away from it in the second half, up by 25.

It reminded me of them folding in Houston last year.

We have the talent but I am starting to question if we have the coaching to take the next step.

Honestly, what happened today in the 2nd half was inexcusable.

Ummm....the defense SUCKED. That's why it ended up so close. 

It's so weird to me:

When the Bills used to play conservative in the second half and run the ball and run the clock, everyone said McDermott and Daboll were "too conservative" and needed to have a "killer instinct".

Now that the Bills seem to have DEVELOPED that killer instinct and the urge and willingness to go for the throat, I'm hearing that McDermott and Daboll are too aggressive and should stick with the run.

Ya just can't win.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Thank God we had a 25 point lead as opposed to 16. McD has to stop this nonsense of quitting on the run. Devin & TJ were getting positive yards. Only 2 runs is unacceptable. 

Yep.

Running the ball effectively. Up by a ton of points against a team that has travelled twice to the east coast in back to back weeks.

It felt like the coching staff lost their awareness of the game in the second half.

18 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Just wait till our Bills have to play a real team...isn't that how the media spins our wins each week :)

Glad for the win,, but ok saying there is a lot of poor play on the defensive side of the ball the Bills will need to correct to turn around these 2nd half collapses that have become a theme.

No question defense has looked bad all season, and this game really showed just how bad. But the Rams are really really good too. Wait till we play SEA, AZ and SF.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's so weird to me:

When the Bills used to play conservative in the second half and run the ball and run the clock, everyone said McDermott and Daboll were "too conservative" and needed to have a "killer instinct".

Now that the Bills seem to have DEVELOPED that killer instinct and the urge and willingness to go for the throat, I'm hearing that McDermott and Daboll are too aggressive and should stick with the run.

Ya just can't win.

Show me a game under McD where the Bills were up by 25, at home, in the 2nd half, and anyone bitched that they became too conservative.

4 hours ago, MPT said:

Complete? I really disagree with that. Secondary is one of the best in the league. Milano is awesome. 

I think we need a run stuffing tackle and linebacker for early downs and we're solid.

That secondary got smoked two games in a row. Giving up 29 points in a period and a half is not how "one of the best " secondary performs. They literally could not get off the field. The middle of our D is suspect at best. Edmunds bit on every play fake leaving the middle open all afternoon.  Thank God for Josh. 

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

Show me a game under McD where the Bills were up by 25, at home, in the 2nd half, and anyone bitched that they became too conservative.

Not conservative,  but for crissake when the D is floundering string some damn first downs together. 

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I wonder how much was taken out of them from the week before playing in that heat in Miami. The Bills defense I mean. They had to play in scorching heat, their banged up at key spots(Edmunds, Milano, Johnson), and then have to play a great offensive team who controlled the clock and kept them on the field. That can't be easy and they have to go out west next week and go play in the heat again in Las Vegas, just an observation I thought of. They got lucky today but hey they are 3-0 and may have just beaten the best team in the NFC. I wont complain there was many a season where I would have taken this win 10/10 times.

Las Vegas is a dome.

6 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Maybe they weren’t perfect.  But from watching live it seemed like Edmunds was really bad on the field.  

Yea I actually thought Edmunds had a nice start. He hit his right gaps and made a couple of good run stops near the line. But as the game went on the Rams really abused him in the play action game he was buying a lot of the eye candy McVay was selling. 

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Ever since the Texans game our 2nd half defense just flat out quits. You absolutely can't have a 28-3 lead with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and let them score 29 unanswered points so quickly and easily. This defense needs a complete overhaul.

I really dont think Edmunds is living up to the expectations. He lets us down more often then not IMO I think bills should work hard on him this season but if he doesnt improve next year they should ship him off and look for new answers.

20 hours ago, XXI~PsychedelicBillsfan~ said:

it's always cool to complain right after a win.

no need for any type of celebration (especially after a comeback win they were sure to lose in the past).

on to the raaaaaaaiders, man.

@Weatherman

I agree, man. it was a meh post, one I posted not but a few minutes after the game and I was still reeling from that win. so I acted in haste, man. my bad.

it is important to share our opinions on the game, team and personal. at the moment, I felt it was too soon but now after some time to think it over, there are some issues that need to (nobody is perfect) be corrected and half time adjustments are certainly one. the other I noticed would be conditioning, man. the rams D did not put on the gas until the second half.

that may be why one wondered why such a stout D was pretty much allowing the bills to score at will, giving up 21 points in the first half. bills D on the other hand were balls to the wall holding what is normally a scoring at will team in the rams, to only 3 first half points. who was gassed in the 2nd half? who allowed the rams to come back and score 29 points to take the lead away, man? yes, I do believe some things need to be really looked at this week heading in to vegas where chucky and his team should be yet another challenge for this young up and coming team.

that is not to take away from the bills, JA and the offense but if my perception is correct, the rams nearly came out successful with that game plan of not putting it to the floor until the second half and leaving yourself with plenty left in the tank for the 4th quarter, where it really matters, man.

I'm hoping the bills coaching staff has taken notes?

what the rams didn't expect though was a gutsy performance from JA ,who never gives up, man. the kid is still developing but he has shown so far this season the big steps he has taken in his game and, the things (ball control) he still needs to work on. but the kid is one hell of a competitor.

it's a work in progress, man. this team from top to bottom has done nothing but improve in the last three seasons and yesterdays mistakes are todays lessons, that I'm sure they will continue to learn from and improve on, man.

s-l64.jpg

Edited by XXI~PsychedelicBillsfan~
  • Like (+1) 2

I believe Frazier's play calling is too predictable. Someone has picked up on it. Against Miami, having no starters at LB really hurt and Wallace got exposed. Credit Chan for that one. They played OK against the Jets, despite a 3rd quarter lull. Yesterday was a different story. Frazier had no answers in the 2nd half and was unable to adjust to what the Rams were doing.