Happy with the win, not happy with the coaching staff

Beast

The Bills were gashing the Rams on the ground and got away from it in the second half, up by 25.

It reminded me of them folding in Houston last year.

We have the talent but I am starting to question if we have the coaching to take the next step.

Honestly, what happened today in the 2nd half was inexcusable.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Was it the coaches who kept blowing coverage on Kupp and Woods? 

Looked like it was the cornerbacks from where I was sitting but that is just me.

It was the coaches that got away from running the ball with a 18-25 point lea.

And the coaches deserve criticism on the defensive side of the ball as well. Remember the blitzing getting to Goff in the first half? The coaching staff apparently didn’t.

Sorry you can’t see the obvious.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The other teams coaches are pretty good too.

McVay did a phenomenal job. I would have to look at the all22 but I didn't feel like the Bills were in the wrong defense that often. It just looked like whenever they stacked Woods and Kupp off the line our corners really got confused and tied up in coverage.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills were gashing the Rams on the ground and got away from it in the second half, up by 25.

It reminded me of them folding in Houston last year.

We have the talent but I am starting to question if we have the coaching to take the next step.

Honestly, what happened today in the 2nd half was inexcusable.

Maybe they took the next step today?

Just now, TBBills said:

The first three posters love to be miserable.... they dont know that it is hard to win in the NFL... that is why they make these threads, they don't know.

Not me, I am happy to see the Bills at 3-0 and think that they are a contender.  I just saw some things that concerned me.

• Like (+1) 1

Frazier needed to do something different when the Rams started rolling. By that stage they had figured us out.  Obviously we were exhausted but the Rams had done their homework and once they saw the weaknesses they exploited them. Our defensive schemes work great against anybody when the defense has time to rest but once they were gassed it was time to change it up. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I think it was more just McVay making adjustments and MCD had no answer. That’s where I have a problem. 

This is the theme in almost every game. The other coach seemingly makes the perfect adjustments and McDermott does the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1

I was about to start a similar thread about our lack of half time adjustments. Or maybe our lack of ability to counter other teams half time adjustments. Is there a worse 3rd quarter team in the league so far? We've dominated 3 straight 1st halves only to now have 2 4th quarter comebacks. Got to get better there.