Postgame Thread Bills vs Rams

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Interesting to note, we played this game (basically) without John Brown.... and who even really noticed?

Not disparaging Brown, he's a great WR... but this speaks to the depth of talent on our offense to have our #2 TE catch two TD's and #4 WR have 4/81.

Davis was more open in the first half when brown was on the field and then when he wasn’t the Rams were able to cover a little better. Davis is perfect for that 4th WR but I don’t think he’s ready to step right in for Brown yet so he was missed imo. I hope he’s back next week 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Davis was more open in the first half when brown was on the field and then when he wasn’t the Rams were able to cover a little better. Davis is perfect for that 4th WR but I don’t think he’s ready to step right in for Brown yet so he was missed imo. I hope he’s back next week 

Good point... I think all of Davis's yards were first half, right?

I mean, our Offense likes to forfeit 3rd quarters anyway, but still... agree that Davis is a massive mismatch as WR4, but remains to be seen how he would fill in for Brown in a full game as WR2 opposite Diggs.

Edited by SCBills

Just now, SCBills said:

Good point... I think all of Davis's yards were first half, right?

I mean, our Offense always forfeits the 3rd quarter anyway, but still... agree that Davis is a massive mismatch as WR4, but remains to be seen how we would fill in for Brown in a full game as WR2 opposite Diggs.

Davis didn’t have any catches in the 2nd half but he did draw the flag at the end :)

18 hours ago, Lurker said:

I think Perrera was correct, that it was illegal contact, not PI.    The DB rode Davis 7 yards downfield.

Agreed. The full explanation as I understood it was that illegal contact becomes PI as soon as the ball is in the air. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

McDermott alluded to the swings in momentum. Without fans, it’s much easier for ‘Mo’ to swing with just the players playing. We’re certainly seeing this the League over and it’s not likely to end until the stands are full again -aka next year.

We hope!!

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Rams were gifted one turnover by one of the most bizarre "interception" calls I've ever seen in half a century of watching NFL football.

I'm not going to say our D doesn't need improvement, because right now it does.  But arbitrary benchmarks for turnovers and sacks per game? 

Foolishness.

Sorry benchmarks aside, do you think our defense is providing enough game changing plays ?? You can pick whatever you want to measure that. My point is if you want to win the division and a few games in the playoffs we need the defense to make more plays... The Rams had us in a lot of long yardage situations in that 2nd half but we hardly ever had them behind the chains. So you think our 50 million in dlineman are producing and the about to be paid 25 million in LBs are producing at that compensation level ? I don’t.  

I am not seeking to put a damper on this exciting season. I want to win the super bowl. Just winning a division means little to me. So I just think we need to wonder why our defense is having trouble making plays ....

Edited by Locomark

I might have missed some videos, but I wish they had more cameras pointing at certain things longer during moments like the last drive. I'd have loved to see everyone on the sidelines' extended reactions to the TD. Coaches, defensive players etc. We really only got brief tastes in the highlights and live game.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/27/2020 at 3:12 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

Poetic justice. Kroft gets the GW TD with the bogus OPI and INT call. Great play calling all day really 

*shrug* I don't think it was a bogus call, myself.  Now you could make the point that similar goes uncalled every week and every game, but it's still a penalty by rule.

Same with Kroft's OPI for a pushoff.  Gronk mugged our DBs worse than that, every time we played NE, and it was never called.  I'm not sure if Kroft needs to study some Gronk film or if that only works if you're a member of that team whose true name starts with "C".  It was a pushoff, but that kind of pushoff goes uncalled almost every game every week.

On 9/27/2020 at 6:20 PM, oldmanfan said:

So I’m getting flack for saying the win was undeserved because we fell apart in the second half.  We were outscored 29-7.  You really think we deserved it?

Valid point

I'd say we did, and what you're saying can justify that. We dominated the first half the same way they did the second half. They had all the momentum, and we made plays while they had the momentum to take the game from them. That's hard to do.

5 hours ago, TPS said:

Baldy's sounds so excited...

Baldy really puts together a great review and the end zone camera views are incredible. Really gives you the QBs perspective and shows the precision of those beautiful throws. Oh and Baldy, Kelly retired in 96 not 86. All good though, keep those reviews coming 

Edited by billsbackto81

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

*shrug* I don't think it was a bogus call, myself.  Now you could make the point that similar goes uncalled every week and every game, but it's still a penalty by rule.

Same with Kroft's OPI for a pushoff.  Gronk mugged our DBs worse than that, every time we played NE, and it was never called.  I'm not sure if Kroft needs to study some Gronk film or if that only works if you're a member of that team whose true name starts with "C".  It was a pushoff, but that kind of pushoff goes uncalled almost every game every week.

I think he was mostly saying the INT was bogus, which it absolutely was.

The OPI was legit, the DPI might have been illegal contact instead of DPI, but it was a penalty. You don't like to see that kind of call effectively decide the game (Dallas week 1 similarly), but we were absolutely owed that penalty, regardless of whether or not it was a "make up call," per se. I still can not believe they called it an INT on the field and I can't believe the NFL officiating twitter account defended it. 

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That move was sick!

He is such a filthy runner. Rumors of Zach Moss taking over this backfield were definitely overstated. 

51 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Man, I know we have better recievers now but miss Woods. Always liked the way he played here.

He’s a dog. Would have fit in very well with this group. But he wants to be back home in LA.

ill never forget how he clocked that safety from the dolphins in the head and got ejected his rookie year