Postgame Thread Bills vs Rams

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

McDermott alluded to the swings in momentum. Without fans, it’s much easier for ‘Mo’ to swing with just the players playing. We’re certainly seeing this the League over and it’s not likely to end until the stands are full again -aka next year.

I agree, Chandler. I was telling my son yesterday that I don't think there is any way that LA completes that comeback if the stands are packed with rabid, screaming Bills fans. The dynamic has completely changed across the league for teams with huge home field advantages. It may have made a difference in New Orleans last night, as well. The only real advantage for the home teams right now is not having to travel for their games. Oddly enough, it may be affecting referees, too. The 'intimidation factor' of making an egregious call in a home stadium is not something they have to deal with either. Whether real or imagined, there is some subconscious psychology at play there, IMO. Hopefully,  it may work in the Bills' favor this coming week. The Raiduhs brand new stadium would have been rocking in the home team's favor, even with Bills fans in attendance.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Rams vent over costly pass interference call that lifted Bills to victory

The Rams were the beneficiaries of a controversial call in Week 1 when Jalen Ramsey drew an offensive pass interference call on a late fourth quarter play from the Dallas Cowboys that would have put them in a position to win the game.

The Rams also, of course, benefitted from one of the most controversial calls of all time back in the 2019 NFC Championship Game when they got away with a defensive pass interference against the Saints, which led to overtime where the Rams won and advanced to the Super Bowl.

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/nfl/rams-vent-over-pass-interference-call-that-helped-bills-win

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

McDermott alluded to the swings in momentum. Without fans, it’s much easier for ‘Mo’ to swing with just the players playing. We’re certainly seeing this the League over and it’s not likely to end until the stands are full again -aka next year.

This makes no sense whatsoever, even if You believe in “momentum” in a football game.

• Haha (+1) 1

So who is still on the “I’m worried about Tyler Bass” train?  For one, the Bills are only scoring touchdowns, which is cool, but I paid attention to the PATs yesterday and the kid boomed them all right down the middle.  I think the rookie jitters are gone.

• Like (+1) 4

• SDS unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, ALF said:

Rams vent over costly pass interference call that lifted Bills to victory

The Rams were the beneficiaries of a controversial call in Week 1 when Jalen Ramsey drew an offensive pass interference call on a late fourth quarter play from the Dallas Cowboys that would have put them in a position to win the game.

The Rams also, of course, benefitted from one of the most controversial calls of all time back in the 2019 NFC Championship Game when they got away with a defensive pass interference against the Saints, which led to overtime where the Rams won and advanced to the Super Bowl.

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/nfl/rams-vent-over-pass-interference-call-that-helped-bills-win

They’ve got NO room to talk about a “bad call” that went against them in this game after the “interception” they were gifted. That, and they never should have gotten to the Super Bowl last season if the refs didn’t act like Stevie Wonder in a broom closet. 

Watching the highlights again this morning, I noticed something. Stefon Diggs, if he wasn’t the one scoring, he was among the first, if not the first, to run over to the guy that did, smacking him on the helmet, jumping up and down, etc. 

3-0 obviously goes a long way toward making anyone happy, but he really does seem to be (wait for it) digging being here. 

Edited by jimmy10
  • Haha (+1) 1

Interesting to note, we played this game (basically) without John Brown.... and who even really noticed?

Not disparaging Brown, he's a great WR... but this speaks to the depth of talent on our offense to have our #2 TE catch two TD's and #4 WR have 4/81.

• Like (+1) 1