Postgame Thread Bills vs Rams

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

I think 50/50 what?? Then that dirty diaper Rivera jumps quickly (too quickly) to defend another of his crews BS Bills calls saying "The process of the catch had not yet been completed...".

Clean catch, no bobble, goes to the ground, and the play is over. It is a completed catch...does not matter if s defender comes in later to rip it out of a receiver's hands..

wtf process is he talking about. It is very clear and obvious in the replays.

Where the hell was the offensive PI?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Where the hell was the offensive PI?

It was just that Kroft had his hands on the db's back and there's enough contact to make a case....a weak one.

If Kroft wanted to he could have sent that db flying, but he was focused on making a play on the ball.

The db played it up throwing his hands up and such and the back judge bought it and threw the hanky and the other ref felt left out so he threw his too.

Didn't matter because they decided to double down on the dumb and call it an INT.

It was just bizarre, and it would be far less odd as a NFL play if the refs had not inserted themselves and just let it stand as a catch with some incidental contact.

• Like (+1) 1

Daboll took a lot of heat when he had no tools.  Right now he's our best coach.  Frazier keeps hoping the zone linebacker tips the ball, and the other teams are catching on.  McDermott is only as good as they are, but the sit downs need to be on the defensive side.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Allen gets his 10 seconds but Nick Foles gets the tongue bath.

Allen literally got an entire segment on FNIA, AND they opened talking about him, AND they showed tons of highlights. It was an Allen lovefest on FNIA tonight... Let's be reasonable. Halftime of SNF is not about highlights, yet they still highlighted Allen

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

To me, it was payback for the absurd Int call on Kroft, which turned the game completely around! Bills would have had the ball, first and ten on the LA 40, up 25.

But it's not it was a penalty either way and either one would of given us a 1st down.

I’m still stunned by this game.  I was elated at  first when when Tyler caught the winning TD. But it wore off quickly thinking how they almost screwed it up.

I was on my couch after a freaking 3rd quarter TD by the Bills and thinking we may see Barkley soon.   Then it started to fall apart and was having the same feelings I did during the Houston game but much worse.   It made me feel disgusted.  That hasn’t quite wore off yet.

I hope they clean this up.   This was not that much fun overall.

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

its not. I’ve never seen that called on a QB before. The dude is fighting off two DLmen while under duress in the pocket but it’s a personal foul. If that were Tom Brady, they’d have given him 6 points and a key to the city 

the facemask call on JA was the first time that had been called a penalty on a QB since 2016, per an article I just read. 

i am sorry— but a stiff arm by an offensive player in that situation is not a penalty. That really could have cost us the game. 

Further, the Donald sack and fumble was a grab of the helmet, neck, and face— clearly a penalty. The announcers’ statement that a horse collar is not a penalty when the QB is in the pocket (not sure that is even right)— but that misses the point— can’t grab the QB’s head. 

the rams are the ones complaining about the obvious illegal contact at the end? The refs really had it out for JA today— was really stunning. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know why Rams fans are making a fuss about that DPI.  For starters, they benefitted from one of the worst calls in NFL playoff history.

But beyond that, as many have said, it was the correct call. Contact was WELL beyond the allowed 5 yards.

And the refs might have let it go if the DB didn't raise his arms & look like he got caught w/ his hands in the cookie jar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Gents, this guy is going to bring home the Lombardi trophy (trophies) to Buffalo isn’t he?

I think we are in the beginning of the new "good old days," and will remember this game, season, and era for a long, long time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Understood.  I am just frustrated that Josh had to do another magic act.  This game should have been over at the end of the third quarter.

6 hours ago, Groin said:

Well, at least we finally have a QB on our team who is capable of pulling one off.  You are right, however, about the near collapse that started in the second half.  Ugly!

5 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Why can't the Bills make both defense and offense great? Last year the offense stunk but defense was great.

This year, through 3 games, the offense is lighting in up but the defense is pure dog turd. What gives??

* yes, it is frustrating. Take a look around the League. Of course the Jets and the Vikings suck & a handful of others are struggling. But for 20 some odd teams, NO LEAD IS SAFE! Most games are either neck & neck from KO to gun or feature incredible comebacks. Chicago & Atlanta are the norm. Are either of them worthy of their record? Like everyone, I’m upset our D seems to have disappeared. But every team can be manipulated. It’s actually amazing we’ve played as well as we have the past couple seasons. My point it, it’s less that we suck at Defense and more that every team is capable of scoring from anywhere. We have an Offense to be feared and a QB with awe-inspiring ‘Want To!’ with the game on the line, so we won’t be out of any game. I think it’s best we get used to this.

5 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

If this is how the Bills D is going to play against top teams, they will be lucky to win 30% of those games. Hopefully they learned some things today...

Very evident you haven’t.🧐

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1