Postgame Thread Bills vs Rams

3 minutes ago, loedward22 said:

I haven't heard this question discussed anywhere (TV, post game radio, nor on here).  If they call it an interception on the field, don't they need conclusive evidence to overturn it?  Therefore the problem was them calling it an interception on the field, and there not being anything conclusive to overturn it.   From every angle they showed it was a fifty fifty which is the opposite of conclusive... 

The conclusive proof is that Kroft had it initially and never lost control completely until he hit ground. The rule is clear that if a guy has it and then it becomes a 50/50 ball to the ground the initial guy gets it, I also believe on a 50/50 the offense gets benefit of doubt.

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

50/50 actually is conclusive per the NFL rulebook. In the event of a simultaneous catch the tie goes to the offense. 

1. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

I understand that being the case live, but once something has been called an interception and they have to review it, then it seems to me like the standard has changed (as it now needs to be conclusive)....  Is there any precedence for this situation and if so how was it handled?  

1 minute ago, loedward22 said:

I understand that being the case live, but once something has been called an interception and they have to review it, then it seems to me like the standard has changed (as it now needs to be conclusive)....  Is there any precedence for this situation and if so how was it handled?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXGFZkIEMK0&ab_channel=NFL

That play is close, but not exactly the same. The refs ruled that a TD (simultaneous catch) and let the play stand after review. 

My thought for today's play: If the replay is inconclusive, doesn't that mean it was a simultaneous catch? Which by definition would go to the offense. 

7 minutes ago, loedward22 said:

I haven't heard this question discussed anywhere (TV, post game radio, nor on here).  If they call it an interception on the field, don't they need conclusive evidence to overturn it?  Therefore the problem was them calling it an interception on the field, and there not being anything conclusive to overturn it.   From every angle they showed it was a fifty fifty which is the opposite of conclusive... 

Except it was conclusive that Kroft caught the ball and was tackled by a guy grabbing the ball.  It should have been an easy call as Perria stated.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I think Peirera had it right.  Kraft has possession and as soon as he got touched  the play should have been dead.

Yes, the defender would've had to get clear possession before Kroft hit the ground.  There is no way to over turn that call.

18 minutes ago, loedward22 said:

The NFL's explanation, complete with a photo that appears to show that the explanation is BS

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/nfl-explains-why-controversial-interception-was-not-overturned/article_3144b798-00fc-11eb-b691-d383bab887e8.html

And the clip of the play if you like:

https://www.nfl.com/videos/john-johnson-iii-rips-jump-ball-from-tyler-kroft-for-critical-int

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

50/50 actually is conclusive per the NFL rulebook. In the event of a simultaneous catch the tie goes to the offense. 

1. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

I would like to chime in. 50/50 should be out of the question. Kroft catches the ball outside his frame and brings the ball in. Then the defender reaches in and grabs at the ball as they go to the ground. This call should never happen. Then the replay  To review turnovers is there specifically for this reason. So referees can overturn bad calls on the field in critical situations. This call was wrong on like 3 different levels. That being said they wouldn’t have been able to overturn the offensive pass interference call which most likely ends in a punt. But at least we make them have to work more field on offense. 

still this was just a horrible call. I’d argue just as blatantly obvious as the Nickel Roby Colman pasa interfere against the Saints a couple years back. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, loedward22 said:

More than enough evidence to overturn the call. It was a clean catch. 

• Like (+1) 1

If any QB had 300 yards, 5 TDs, and 35 points and 2 turnovers in a win, it would be extremely difficult to not be B+ or more. The fact he took the team the whole length of the field in the last three minutes and scored to win the game and not let the other team have a chance to win, how could that not be an A?

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Fred Slacks said:

I would like to chime in. 50/50 should be out of the question. Kroft catches the ball outside his frame and brings the ball in. Then the defender reaches in and grabs at the ball as they go to the ground. This call should never happen. Then the replay  To review turnovers is there specifically for this reason. So referees can overturn bad calls on the field in critical situations. This call was wrong on like 3 different levels. That being said they wouldn’t have been able to overturn the offensive pass interference call which most likely ends in a punt. But at least we make them have to work more field on offense. 

still this was just a horrible call. I’d argue just as blatantly obvious as the Nickel Roby Colman pasa interfere against the Saints a couple years back. 

Agree this wasn’t even 50-50 he caught it!

20 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I think 50/50 what?? Then that dirty diaper Rivera jumps quickly (too quickly) to defend another of his crews BS Bills calls saying "The process of the catch had not yet been completed...".

Clean catch, no bobble, goes to the ground, and the play is over. It is a completed catch...does not matter if s defender comes in later to rip it out of a receiver's hands..

wtf process is he talking about. It is very clear and obvious in the replays.

• Like (+1) 1