Postgame Thread Bills vs Rams

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Those passes to Beasley over the middle only a handful of QBs in the league make. He made a boatload of ridiculous throws, like last week. 

He's far better then I ever imagined he'd be. Going to be an interesting year. Hope Addison and Dawkins are ok

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

The best part is, THATS what they call a controversial call. Not the interception that wasn’t even close to an interception. 

It definitely was PI the defender pushing him until he saw the ball coming and then was all like Twasn't me my hands are up here.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It definitely was PI the defender pushing him until he saw the ball coming and then was all like Twasn't me my hands are up here.

I had the remote in hand ready to change the channel if we didn’t convert that last 4th. If that flag would have come a second later I would have missed the ending.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What? The cowboys had the #1 offense in the league when we played them and the Steeler were one of the top defenses if not the best. Not exceptional at any particular phase? Kind of a reach 

I’m not discounting those wins. I’m just saying that wins like today are a continued step in the right direction. The Cowboys and Steelers were both 8-8 teams in 2019, while the Rams were 9-7 and just removed from a Super Bowl appearance. I don’t see anything wrong with saying this win could be of greater quality than those.

The Steelers and Cowboy wins were huge, and I was on this board saying that at the time. Those wins never happen during the drought years. Fortunately, the drought years are no longer the measuring stick, real success is. The Rams played like the elite offense they’ve shown to be in the past, and we still won. This season I believe that we can compete with anyone. I didn’t sincerely feel that way after those big wins last season. The fact that this win makes me feel like we’ve arrived more than a win over Duck Hodges, isn’t a slight against how big that win was at the time. It’s just an indication that I’m seeing this team continue to grow. 

• Like (+1) 1

Before we get to depressed about the defense this reminds me of the Philly game last year. After we were gashed on the ground by the Eagles I didn't think they could fix it and EVERY team would run the ball down our throats.  Instead our run D got better for the rest of the season. I suspect that what we saw today was more a schematic problem then a talent issue.  They will fix it.

Also this is where not having fans in the stands hurt us.  Do you think down 28 - 3 the Rams make this a game if the house is packed? I don't.

One final thought. Allen has arrived. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Why can't the Bills make both defense and offense great? Last year the offense stunk but defense was great.

This year, through 3 games, the offense is lighting in up but the defense is pure dog turd. What gives??

Complimentary football is a thing and the Rams have a great offense.

On the other hand, you can say the Bills wouldn't have been up 28-3 in the 3rd without a good defense.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There is seriously no point to instant replay if it can’t get a basic call like that correct.  None.

I haven't heard this question discussed anywhere (TV, post game radio, nor on here).  If they call it an interception on the field, don't they need conclusive evidence to overturn it?  Therefore the problem was them calling it an interception on the field, and there not being anything conclusive to overturn it.   From every angle they showed it was a fifty fifty which is the opposite of conclusive... 

50 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"Bills nearly blow 28-3 lead, score late with help from controversial call to stun Rams"

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-nearly-blow-283-lead-score-late-to-stun-rams-200929910.html

Eh

Good - the continued lack of respect will continue to drive them

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, loedward22 said:

I haven't heard this question discussed anywhere (TV, post game radio, nor on here).  If they call it an interception on the field, don't they need conclusive evidence to overturn it?  Therefore the problem was them calling it an interception on the field, and there not being anything conclusive to overturn it.   From every angle they showed it was a fifty fifty which is the opposite of conclusive... 

50/50 actually is conclusive per the NFL rulebook. In the event of a simultaneous catch the tie goes to the offense. 

1. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.
  • Thank you (+1) 2