Postgame Thread Bills vs Rams

9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think I said the F word over 100 times today and smoked 6 cigars in just the 4th qtr. Thats 20 Hail Marys, 15 Our Fathers and 1Act of Contrition.

And a new box of cigars

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

What a great game! BOTH teams clawed their way to the finish. A few quick thoughts:

After Stephon Diggs, Daryl Williams was our best offseason acquisition. Notice that when Dawkins went out, he seamlessly shifted to LT without a hitch.

The O-line held up against a good D. The weakest link on the O-line today was Winters, although considering he was up against Donald, we really shouldn’t complain.

Speaking of Donald, he was on fire in the second half, playing with a rage. But, did anyone else notice that once Joseph-Day went down, his production dropped?

Kroft straight up did his job.

In Diggs TD reception, he ran around Ramsey like he was a maypole.

For the few plays he was in, Yeldon did great. But, I still feel like we’re missing a legit #2 RB.

Lee Smith was valuable today.

The media often refers to the “trio of wide receivers” in Diggs/Brown/Beasley. From now on they should refer to the “quartet of wide receivers” in Diggs/Brown/Beasley/Davis.

There were points when the Rams O-line absolutely dominated our D-line. Henderson had enormous holes to run through, and that’s not on Edmunds (although he wasn’t great against the run either).

Allen’s nickname should be “Fire and Ice.”

Love Daryl Williams too, but that was Nsekhe coming in at LT to finish it.

Dawkins celebrating with the guys at the end is a good sign too

• Thank you (+1) 2

This start is reminding me of the trent edwards bills 5 and 1 start, win games against lesser opponents but in kind of flukey lucky or weird ways

This team is obviously better than that team (and a legit playoff contender) but there are signs of the 3 and 0 start being fools gold. They really shouldn't be mentioned with the leagues elite just yet

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

This start is reminding me of the trent edwards bills 5 and 1 start, win games against lesser opponents but in kind of flukey lucky or weird ways

This team is obviously better than that team (and a legit playoff contender) but there are signs of the 3 and 0 start being fools gold. They really shouldn't be mentioned with the leagues elite just yet

Why Bless Your Little Heart!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Just now, Don Beebe said:

If that was Tom Brady grabbed by the collar and thrown like that they would have suspended him for three weeks and slapped a big fine on him.

Like I said previously, even though it couldn’t have been a horse collar because of the rule about being in the pocket, I wonder if unnecessary roughness would have been called if Allen was a smaller, frailer QB. 

28 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Did you miss the (away) games against the Cowboys and the Steelers last season?

Those were big wins without question, they proved we were heading in the right direction. However, the Boys are mediocre and the Steelers weren’t going anywhere with Duck Hodges last year. They were both big road wins that proved we weren’t the same old Bills, but the Rams are a few years removed from a Super Bowl. They have a great offense with some big time defensive players. The Steelers and Cowboys weren’t exceptional at any particular phase of the game last season imo. 

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Wonder what narrative will be from the haters this week?

1. The travel hurt the Rams Circadian rythum.

2. The Rams D is not as good as the Jets or Dolphins.

3. The crowd noise hurt the Ram audibles.

4. Allen goes for over 300 again with 5 total TDs but he's still trash. 

5. I don't care if they go 19-0, they're still not very good.

Feel free to enter your own. I need material for all the football forums I'll be chiming in on.

"to get the win, the Bills got plenty of help from the refs, who practically handed the game to them on a suspect last second PI call against the Rams."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Like I said previously, even though it couldn’t have been a horse collar because of the rule about being in the pocket, I wonder if unnecessary roughness would have been called if Allen was a smaller, frailer QB. 

Especially considering he hit Allen in the face before he grabbed the collar.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

they would have called it for Brady and hes not small.  

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Those were big wins without question, they proved we were heading in the right direction. However, the Boys are mediocre and the Steelers weren’t going anywhere with Duck Hodges last year. They were both big road wins that proved we weren’t the same old Bills, but the Rams are a few years removed from a Super Bowl. They have a great offense with some big time defensive players. The Steelers and Cowboys weren’t exceptional at any particular phase of the game last season imo. 

What? The cowboys had the #1 offense in the league when we played them and the Steeler were one of the top defenses if not the best. Not exceptional at any particular phase? Kind of a reach 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Especially considering he hit Allen in the face before he grabbed the collar.

Not sure if it was a face mask or not but def illegal contact to the head.  The most frustrating thing with the blown calls today was how blatant they were.  Absolutely no excuse for how awful this game was officiated.  

• Like (+1) 1