Postgame Thread Bills vs Rams

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Bills got royally screwed a couple times on huge calls - the fake INT, missed horse collar and unsportsmanlike on Allen. They owed them

Yes, and if Josh didn't put them in position the last call wouldn't of mattered.

It is good that he can keep control when he needs to.

Just now, Trekking said:

They actually beat the fix

I believe it's more constructive to call it bias instead of cheating. We wouldn't have won without that last pass interference call. It was the right call, but they wouldn't have called it if they were really trying to make the Rams win. We won't win anyone over calling the game fixed. Better in my opinion to treat is as a bias that can be flipped with enough evidence and wins.

Refs screwed us the interception ( which should not go against Allen)

Made up for it on the interception.

Allen is great but needs to get rid of the ball sooner, also needs to run more when given the opportunity.

Pass blocking is trash again, hopefully Beane addresses this in the offseason.

Defense is missing the big DTs to stop the run. Also tackling is horrendous and can we tighten up on the WRs a little bit ??? Woods embarrassed us out there.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Always nice to correct mistakes after a win and Allen made some big throws on that final drive when he needed to.  Our defence is a major concern right now,  they need to do better

As great as Allen has been, the defense needs to get it turned around.  You can't count on lights-out play by #17 in every single game.

• Like (+1) 2

JA/Daboll just saved McD’s arse from a complete defensive melt down of epic proportions.  Got the W but the MVP of this game is Daboll.  JA came through in the clutch but way to many mistakes.  

That being said, I think the NFL owes the Bills about 4 explanations to major game changing blunders.  Just for thought, wasn’t the line -3?  Dang point shaving refs.

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I get it. But more often than not he’s making teams pay overall. 

Oh for sure....he really saved himself by fighting off the sack.  If he doesn't, it's game changing.  I thought the call was crap -- you NEVER see that called on a QB.

• Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Saints team who missed a Super Bowl disagree, but that’s the only thing close I can think of. 

Agree Augie, that's what I said to my son.  The difference is that in the Saints / Rams game there was no review possible for pass interference allowed.   In this case they did review the play and STILL called it an INT.  Just don't understand it.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1

Wonder what narrative will be from the haters this week?

1. The travel hurt the Rams Circadian rythum.

2. The Rams D is not as good as the Jets or Dolphins.

3. The crowd noise hurt the Ram audibles.

4. Allen goes for over 300 again with 5 total TDs but he's still trash. 

5. I don't care if they go 19-0, they're still not very good.

Feel free to enter your own. I need material for all the football forums I'll be chiming in on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Paddles....clear!

Jeeeze... look at the 49er game and their defense. They get the Gints down and keep the foot on their throat... while their offense rolls over them. What a freaking luxury, we have some serious issues with our defense. Rams are a good offense, but 25 points given up in the 3rd, receivers running free all over the secondary, and defensive line unable to get to a mostly stationary QB.

Rams are a great offense, but I don’t like using that as an excuse. We will face many great offensive teams. I’m most concerned with a once great defense making a habit of blowing big leads. It happened against the Texans in the playoffs, and we saw it again today. The NFL has become an offense first league, teams are going to score points. You still have to be good enough to protect big leads though.