Week 3 Around the NFL. What’s your 🔥 take?

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Good points but I'll comment on the Pats*.

They do look better than I thought they would so far.  Although, they threw a lot in their loss to the Seahawks (worse pass d in the league) 

and ran against the Fish and Raiders (both with bad run d).  Pats* D is looking good but I still think the O can be stopped.

Pats* / Chiefs game Sunday will be interesting.

So, big if, we beat the raiders then what should the media be saying about the pats? 

They beat two weak teams at home and barely lost to the worst defense in the league? 

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So, big if, we beat the raiders then what should the media be saying about the pats? 

They beat two weak teams at home and barely lost to the worst defense in the league? 

What the media says isn't important to me.  I figured them talent wise around a .500 team.  I'm not sure if they are better than that and the next

3 games (Chiefs, Broncos, 49ers) will be very telling before they play the Bills.

3 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I kinda hope the Jest win Thursday. I want them to drag out firing Gase. Really take some gas and throw it on the dumpster fire.

It really says something about how far a division opponent has fallen when I have no hate for them at all anymore.  I genuinely just feel bad for the Jets & their fans.

Probably how Pats fans felt about us for years, actually.  But it's weird to think that I used to hate the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Well, the Jests will surely be fighting to save Gase's jo-------ehh, never mind.

I forgot how that man does nothing to get close to and win a team over... he would probably delegate someone else to high-five a player for a great play.

Maybe the Jets should hire Russ Brandon to help with their search.... just say'n.

3 hours ago, Success said:

It really says something about how far a division opponent has fallen when I have no hate for them at all anymore.  I genuinely just feel bad for the Jets & their fans.

Probably how Pats fans felt about us for years, actually.  But it's weird to think that I used to hate the Jets.

What a difference 10 years makes....

One of the low points in Bills fandom in my lifetime came after Week 3 in 2010.  The Jets came to Orchard Park and completely handed us a butt kicking.  Putting the team record at 0-3 that year.  The threat of relocation from Buffalo was also very real at this point.

Living in Jets territory people were calling into the WFAN here with exactly your sentiments.  They felt bad for the Bills and their fans.  I think Joe Benigno (radio personality here) even had on a guest on who was talking about the possible move of the team to LA at the time.

But yeah I don't think the Jets are relocating anywhere but it's the exact reversal of fortunes for the 2 teams!  I just thought I would kinda enjoy seeing this day more than I am 

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Joe and Evan are always good for some solid commentary, Jets fans or not. One of the most entertaining duos out there. Rich Eisen calls it like it is as well about the Jets. I said it from the beginning that Gase was an absolutely horrible hire for the Jets, but I was ecstatic about it because I knew this would be the end result. I knew that he would waste whatever time he was given with Sam Darnold and that he would possibly ruin him as a QB. All of the draftniks and media personalities talked up Darnold like he was Andrew Luck, but I watched him play a lot during that Junior season and I saw the same guy we see now. He's always struggled under pressure and he's always seen ghosts in the pocket. Did he have talent? Absolutely and he can excel is you give him 4 or 5 seconds to throw the ball like they did his first two years at USC. Pretty much any QB can find an open man if given that much time, but the NFL doesn't work that way and the speed of the game is a lot faster than it was in college. Right now, when I watch Darnold play, I see a QB who doesn't process info well, doesn't trust himself, doesn't trust the players around him, and has sketchy mechanics at best.