Week 3 Around the NFL. What’s your 🔥 take?

10 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

How's this for a weird stat: the last 2 #1 picks - Joe Burrow yesterday and Kyler Murray in week 1 of last year - both recorded a tie before their first win.

Technically true for Mayfield too, but he wasn't the starter. Cleveland tied Pittsburgh the 1st game his rookie year.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Personally, I'd rather see KC win. The Bills get a chance to hand them a loss in a couple of weeks and gain an upper hand in possible playoff seeding. They don't get that chance in the regular season against Baltimore. 

I’m probably overthinking this, but I want a Ravens win so KC will be extra motivated next week against NE. 

32 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Teams are scoring points like it's a video game - which is why we should take what Josh is doing with a grain of salt.

Except Josh Allen, even with "teams scoring points like a video game", is a Top 5 QB in the same environment every other QB is facing.

He's also doing it with a Falcons-like defense out there on the other side of the ball.

Also, this is where the NFL is going... No coincidence that there's so many stud QB's with WR rooms 3+ deep with talent.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

That entire drive defines the season.  Pederson totally misplayed the entire drive - trying to play for a long field goal.  I do not understand what he was thinking with that drive.

1st and 10 on the Cincinnati 44 with 1:26 and the clock running.  Shotgun run for 1 yard - made no sense - that needed to be a throw to get them into reasonable range.  

2nd and 9 on the 43 with 0:45 and the clock running - QB run for 2 yards (now it is a 58 yard attempt and you have the clock running and are in no mans land).  

They rushed to the line and then threw a short incompletion with 19 seconds left and no timeouts.  The throw wasn’t enough for a first down and there were no timeouts- so the best outcome from that would be having to rush your kicker out with a moving clock at :15 seconds to try and kick a 55 yard FG.

If you were going to throw - the pass attempt needed to be on first or second down so you had a spike.  The throw on 3rd down was a terrible call.

If Pederson thought he was in FG range - after the run on second down - just let the clock tick down to 5 seconds - spike the ball and make the FG attempt.  If Pederson thought they needed more yards then you have to pass on first or second down.

If they had let the clock run down after second down - the 58 yard kick would end the game.  Then even the penalty moving it to a 63 yard attempt still ends the game (likely as a tie, but on your terms).  

Having to punt with 0:19 seconds left is a terrible look.  He really had no choice because of how poorly they ran the last drive, but he really looks lost  since he lost his coordinators.  They are a totally different team and it shows.  

I agree. That team misses the Reich/DiFillippio combo.

It also misses Nick Foles.  Wentz is a more talented athlete but Foles was the better fit to guide the team during its championship window.    

4 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

He got that gig solely on his talent. Nepotism had nothing to do with it.

Sincerely,

Joe Buck

I still can't get over that he's in the hall of fame now.  Joe Buck seems like a really good guy and he was hilarious/self deprecating in Brockmire but good lord is he awful doing NFL games.  I'd suggest playing a drinking game for every time he says "pass is - caught" but I'd be dead 5 minutes into the game.

• Like (+1) 1

My post-W3 takes (with one game still to be played):

• The Texans are in a world of trouble.  Yes, they've lost to three teams who are currently undefeated (that will change tonight) but they are already now facing a "must win" game next week vs. the similarly desperate Vikings.  They are two games out of 2nd place in their own division.
  • Denver's season is over.  Tons of injuries and bad QB play.
  • Chicago's record is a mirage.  What 3-0 team replaces their starting QB?
  • It's premature to throw dirt on the Saints but they are teetering on the edge of a lost season.  Atlanta is not as bad as their record and even Carolina looked capable yesterday.
  • The NFC West is going to be a knock-down, drag out fight.  Those four teams are going to beat each other up.  Could the entire division make the playoffs?
  • 7-9 may win the NFC East.

Bills-related thoughts:

• It appears to me that the Chargers and Broncos will be much "easier" games for Buffalo than they looked at first.
  • The Pats*** are still a legitimate contender.
  • Speaking of the NFC West...talk about bad luck for our NFC draw this season.  One down...
  • We all expected a top five defense offense after three weeks, right?
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, eball said:

My post-W3 takes (with one game still to be played):

• The Texans are in a world of trouble.  Yes, they've lost to three teams who are currently undefeated (that will change tonight) but they are already now facing a "must win" game next week vs. the similarly desperate Vikings.  They are two games out of 2nd place in their own division.
  • Denver's season is over.  Tons of injuries and bad QB play.
  • Chicago's record is a mirage.  What 3-0 team replaces their starting QB?
  • It's premature to throw dirt on the Saints but they are teetering on the edge of a lost season.  Atlanta is not as bad as their record and even Carolina looked capable yesterday.
  • The NFC West is going to be a knock-down, drag out fight.  Those four teams are going to beat each other up.  Could the entire division make the playoffs?
  • 7-9 may win the NFC East.

Bills-related thoughts:

• It appears to me that the Chargers and Broncos will be much "easier" games for Buffalo than they looked at first.
  • The Pats*** are still a legitimate contender.
  • Speaking of the NFC West...talk about bad luck for our NFC draw this season.  One down...
  • We all expected a top five defense offense after three weeks, right?

Good points but I'll comment on the Pats*.

They do look better than I thought they would so far.  Although, they threw a lot in their loss to the Seahawks (worse pass d in the league) 

and ran against the Fish and Raiders (both with bad run d).  Pats* D is looking good but I still think the O can be stopped.

Pats* / Chiefs game Sunday will be interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Shockingly enough, none of the rest of the league gives a crap that the Rams think they got robbed on a controversial PI call.

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-criticize-defensive-pass-interference-call-in-loss-to-bills

Considering they were gifted an interception earlier that gave them the momentum to start their comeback, I would call it a wash......

• Like (+1) 1