Week 3 Around the NFL. What’s your 🔥 take?

dummy just took the pi on a free play

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I wouldn’t write Brees off either, he can be successful with no arm because that offense has the talent to make it work. However, I’m confident saying Brees has no arm, or ability to push the ball downfield. They’re still contenders because they have a ton of talent, but his game is limited at this point imo. Brees limitations might not hurt him much though, it is too early to tell. 

I meant to take over next year.  

PI all over every game

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I wouldn’t write Brees off either, he can be successful with no arm because that offense has the talent to make it work. However, I’m confident saying Brees has no arm, or ability to push the ball downfield. They’re still contenders because they have a ton of talent, but his game is limited at this point imo. Brees limitations might not hurt him much though, it is too early to tell. 

he’s been this player for 4-5 years now. M

he still CAN but with the way the teams built he won’t. The deep threats are terribly erratic and he might have the best short-mid range trio around in Thomas/cook/Kamara 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dpberr said:

That Eagles punt in OT is going to define their entire season.

I never thought Doug Pederson would make that call. 

I watched that live and said, "WTF? He's playing for a tie!" It was 4th and 7 with no chance to get the ball again outside of the low chance of recovering a fumble and their season already  teetering on the brink. The Iggles are fortunate that they play in the worst division in football. 

8 hours ago, dpberr said:

That Eagles punt in OT is going to define their entire season.

I never thought Doug Pederson would make that call. 

That entire drive defines the season.  Pederson totally misplayed the entire drive - trying to play for a long field goal.  I do not understand what he was thinking with that drive.

1st and 10 on the Cincinnati 44 with 1:26 and the clock running.  Shotgun run for 1 yard - made no sense - that needed to be a throw to get them into reasonable range.  

2nd and 9 on the 43 with 0:45 and the clock running - QB run for 2 yards (now it is a 58 yard attempt and you have the clock running and are in no mans land).  

They rushed to the line and then threw a short incompletion with 19 seconds left and no timeouts.  The throw wasn’t enough for a first down and there were no timeouts- so the best outcome from that would be having to rush your kicker out with a moving clock at :15 seconds to try and kick a 55 yard FG.

If you were going to throw - the pass attempt needed to be on first or second down so you had a spike.  The throw on 3rd down was a terrible call.

If Pederson thought he was in FG range - after the run on second down - just let the clock tick down to 5 seconds - spike the ball and make the FG attempt.  If Pederson thought they needed more yards then you have to pass on first or second down.

If they had let the clock run down after second down - the 58 yard kick would end the game.  Then even the penalty moving it to a 63 yard attempt still ends the game (likely as a tie, but on your terms).  

Having to punt with 0:19 seconds left is a terrible look.  He really had no choice because of how poorly they ran the last drive, but he really looks lost  since he lost his coordinators.  They are a totally different team and it shows.  

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

cowboys again....

But was that Gallup TD a catch? He dropped it when going to the ground. Reminds me of the Williams catch in Miami.

Definitely similar to Preston, but since you no longer have to control the ball through hitting the ground, it's fine. He caught it and secured it.

It’s fire watch time for Quinn, Gase, and Patricia.  At least Patricia won yesterday.  That was surprising.  Tonight, I’m guessing the Chiefs win, but I don’t really care as long as each team gets some losses this year.  The way the Ravens have been playing, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they won.

17 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s fire watch time for Quinn, Gase, and Patricia.  At least Patricia won yesterday.  That was surprising.  Tonight, I’m guessing the Chiefs win, but I don’t really care as long as each team gets some losses this year.  The way the Ravens have been playing, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they won.

Personally, I'd rather see KC win. The Bills get a chance to hand them a loss in a couple of weeks and gain an upper hand in possible playoff seeding. They don't get that chance in the regular season against Baltimore. 

• Like (+1) 1

If they keep letting the O-Line get away with this much holding the defenses in the NFL will get steam rolled. That 2 or 3 extra seconds that QB's are getting will make it almost impossible for the secondary to cover WR's. It won't make a difference if you have an elite corner or just solid CB's, WR's will be running open all over the place. The Saints vs Packers game last night was a perfect example. The amount of holding going on was crazy, the defenses couldn't stop either offense and both teams were going for it on 4th down because of it. The Saints have the best CB in the NFL in Lattimore and he was toasted, if it stays like this 80% of the cap will flip towards the offensive side of the football. It will be pointless to pay big money to a pass rusher that will just get held and no point in paying top CB's because even they can't cover a WR for over 6 seconds. The NFL seems to be adopting a college football type of game where the defenses cannot stop the offenses. 

• Like (+1) 1