One Bills Live, Is It Better or Worse Since CB Took the Lead ?

T master

Ever since Murph retired they have been trying to find another mix (i guess you could call it) of who was going to be the lead commentator so at first they put Tasker as the lead guy tossed in Maddy & Browny it just didn't seem to be a good listen Tasker just isn't a good lead guy .

Then Chris Brown was off for a few days for what ever it was that he talked about then he came back and they put him as the lead and the show seems to have a better flow to it  Chris gets a bit excited at times which just adds so much to the commentary of the show .

So what do you all think ? Better ? or Worse since Browny took over the lead role on the show ?

GO BILLS !! 

Edited by T master

7 minutes ago, T master said:

Ever since Murph retired they have been trying to find another mix (i guess you could call it) of who was going to be the lead commentator so at first they put Tasker as the lead guy tossed in Maddy & Browny it just didn't seem to be a good listen Tasker just isn't a good lead guy .

Then Chris Brown was off for a few days for what ever it was that he talked about then he came back and they put him as the lead and the show seems to have a better flow to it  Chris gets a bit excited at times which just adds so much to the commentary of the show .

So what do you all think ? Better ? or Worse since Browny took over the lead role on the show ?

GO BILLS !! 

Did Murph retire or was he retired by the bills?  I thought they removed him?  Either way he’s retired now, just wondering how it went down.

as long as Maddy isn’t on the show, ill

listen occasionally.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Did Murph retire or was he retired by the bills?  I thought they removed him?  Either way he’s retired now, just wondering how it went down.

as long as Maddy isn’t on the show, ill

listen occasionally.  

Not exactly sure how it went down alls i know is he's gone but i seem to remember him talking about leaving and that he was just going to enjoy more time with his new grand baby not sure if it was a forced thing or a choice ...

Tcrane2121@gmail.com

i agree. As long as Maddy isn’t on the show, I’ll listen. She just sounds so young. 

CB is fine but he tends to talk over Tasker and I want to hear Tasker.

Ultimately, I miss Murph!

Chris Brown has made the broadcast almost unlistenable for me.  He never stops talking.  He constantly talks over Tasker, interrupting him or finishing his thoughts for him.  Drives me nuts.  Also, he is way louder than Tasker, and I have to keep turning the volume up and down in my car.  I know Tasker is not great, but they do not make a good team at all.  I thought Murph and Tasker were much better.

Let me start by saying I enjoyed the show in the past. In the last 6 months it was all about the covid. I hear enough of it in everyday life I don't need 3 hours on how the team is handling it and how bad it is. I listen to the first 20 minutes on the way home from work. If they don't have great guests I don't bother listening to the rest. 

Chris Brown seems to be bringing that Fozzie Bear “wocka wocka wocka!” energy. 

The thing I liked about Murph as host is it felt more like a couple of buddies quietly talking football over a beer at the end of the bar. 

I can see how the WGR execs wanted “more energy!” but time will tell if it was the right call. 

Does anyone know if Murph wanted out of the midday show,

or was the decision made for him? I can see how an announcer like Murph at this stage of his career would want to step back from the grind of doing a daily show. 

I like Chris Brown a lot. Tasker is Tasker. He gives some interesting insight into what it was like being a player and in the locker room, and obviously insight into the 90's teams. But he says dumb things often and he stammers and struggles to get his thoughts out. But I don't mind him most of the time.

I don't like hearing Brown and Tasker talk for a significant amount of time about non-football related things. Like the other day they discussed their patio setup for like 20 to 30 minutes. Like, does anyone care about your patio furniture and heating lamps?

Edit: As far as better or worse, I'd say it is comparable. Maybe slightly better.

Edited by MJS