Degenerate gambler thread

cwchze

1 hour ago, Its Gonna Be Chilly said:

I'm not a huge gambler, so looking for a little advice.  I bet $1000 on Bills to win Superbowl at +700.  So would win $7000. Should I place a bet on KC this week? Or if Bills win this week, a bet on the NFC team? To hedge my bet...Or should I just ride it out? What's the smart play? 

You missed the boat a bit on Super Bowl odds. It was 17-1 just a few weeks ago. 

Making a hedge bet on the Chiefs assumes they beat either the Bucs or Pack. That's not a given. I'd hold off and hope the Bills beat KC. Then you can put something on the NFC winner if it will cover your investment.

3 hours ago, Its Gonna Be Chilly said:

I'm not a huge gambler, so looking for a little advice.  I bet $1000 on Bills to win Superbowl at +700.  So would win $7000. Should I place a bet on KC this week? Or if Bills win this week, a bet on the NFC team? To hedge my bet...Or should I just ride it out? What's the smart play? 

If the Bills lose this weekend and you win nothing, how would you feel?  That’s one question I always ask myself when deciding whether to hedge or not.  Also, if Mahomes does get ruled out, the Bills are going to be favored.  You could make a bet on the Chiefs w/points then, potentially Bills winning the game and the Chiefs covering.