Degenerate gambler thread

cwchze

Darren Rovell

@darrenrovell

·

3m

The overs in the NFL are hitting in historic fashion, making gamblers happy, while bookmakers are licking their chops hoping the tide will turn

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/rovell-nfl-overs-hitting-at-a-historic-rate-will-week-4-continue-the-trend?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=darrenrovell

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Someone recently did a great segment on teams who gave away top draft picks (Texans/Hopkins, Vikings/Diggs, Jets/Adams) relative to the teams who got those players, and it pretty much tells an obvious story. Texans players have to be a bit miffed.

How do you determine the winner of a trade?  Who wound up with the best player.  Draft picks are great, but it will take years to come to fruition and you can’t count on those draft picks panning out.  You build your team through the draft, but you don’t trade away superstars for draft picks if you think you’re close to competing for a championship.  In that regard the Jests probably were the smartest team of the three, because Douglas knows they are a ways away.

The decisions by Ass-Chin and Minnesota are pretty indefensible.

12 minutes ago, eball said:

How do you determine the winner of a trade?  Who wound up with the best player.  Draft picks are great, but it will take years to come to fruition and you can’t count on those draft picks panning out.  You build your team through the draft, but you don’t trade away superstars for draft picks if you think you’re close to competing for a championship.  In that regard the Jests probably were the smartest team of the three, because Douglas knows they are a ways away.

The decisions by Ass-Chin and Minnesota are pretty indefensible.

Agreed. Who knows how long it takes for these things to play out. Bills did a good job getting picks for Watkins and Darby because the brass knew Tyrod was not the future and had to build with a new QB.

(NOTE: I'm not suggeting Darby was a superstar.)

Just now, McBean said:

Jets just burned me bad too

I more than made up for it with props but if Melvin Gordon doesn’t walk to the endzone I finish the night 4/4. Oh well, it’s gambling. 

Jets are the team to win money on. Bad coach and too many players out.

I like the rams and ravens this week. Bills will be in a shootout that could go either way. Thinking of bills and over then rams/ravens ml.. or a three team tease .. still researching

The line in the bills game hasn’t moved off 3 all week but it went from Even to -120.  Interesting.  Seems like everyone is betting the bills and they aren’t begging us to bet buffalo anymore.  Likely due to the raiders injury report 

On 10/2/2020 at 6:57 AM, PaattMaann said:

I dont do parlays just on the spread...

this week is TOUGH, sharp lines. 

Think I will go with the Bills (-3) and Cardinals (-3.5), seems the best bets 

I like Rams -12 1/2 against a bad Giants team. Rams are going to skullbang their next opponent.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

I like Rams -12 1/2 against a bad Giants team. Rams are going to skullbang their next opponent.

I like the Rams at that number and the Bucs at -6.5. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The line in the bills game hasn’t moved off 3 all week but it went from Even to -120.  Interesting.  Seems like everyone is betting the bills and they aren’t begging us to bet buffalo anymore.  Likely due to the raiders injury report 

Good analysis imo...seeing around 70% action on BUF-3 but over 80%of wagers on LAR +152, my guess is Bills win a close one Raiders cover

13 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Good analysis imo...seeing around 70% action on BUF-3 but over 80%of wagers on LAR +152, my guess is Bills win a close one Raiders cover

Yeah, I agree.  I’m betting the Bills in the ML this week strictly because I think the oddsmakers have some insider knowledge that they think the raiders are going to win.  That -3 staying in the number is why I feel that way.  -3 road favorites, but beware. Oddsmakers usually know something the bettors don’t.

but I know Josh Allen.....so bills win.

I bet every week and take bets for a bookie.

Parlays , teasers, and straight bets. Ours is the only place I have ever heard that takes up to four team teasers (+12 points per team).

I made my first futures bet this week on Josh Allen to win NFL MVP.  It's a long shot at 36-1 odds but I feel like Josh could average at least 2 td passes a game and have  36 td passes on the year. 

Heck I put $200 to win $7200 and I'm kinda mad I didn't put $300 on it instead.

Edited by ChattanoogaBills

Just now, ChattanoogaBills said:

I bet every week and take bets for a bookie.

Parlays , teasers, and straight bets. This the only place I have ever heard that takes up to four team teasers (+12 points per team).

I made my first futures bet this week on Josh Allen to win NFL MVP.  It's a long shot at 36-1 odds but I feel like Josh could average at least 2 td passes a game and have  36 td passes on the year. 

Heck I put $200 to win $7200 and I'm kinda mad I didn't put $300 on it instead.

What would that place be?