WAS +7

HOU/PIT under

LV +5.5

3 four game parlays

Got KC +160 left for tomorrow night. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

BUF -122 

NE -6 and -5

Live bet o47 in the Bears games when they went down 16-3 (new principle play whenever ATL has a 2 score lead)

CHI +4

GB +3.5

This is my first undefeated week in a long time, as I got my ass kicked last year. I'm 19-9 on the year, and now that I know this thread exists it'll be even more fun, at least until I get smoked by the House. Really like BAL on MNF but the hook sucks so if that doesn't get bet down I'll stay off. Also like u54 but I haven't bet that yet, but probably will. 

16 hours ago, The Dean said:

Other than the horses, I'm not much of a better. But I virtually NEVER bet on a Bills game (for or against). Too hard for me to separate head from heart.

Absolutely a pitfall, but I've won some good bets with the Bills this year because they were undervalued by other bettors. 

I have sworn off parlays and have discovered the world of player props.  Take the Jets game for example. The O/U for Diggs receptions was a stupid low 3.5. Who in their right mind thought Diggs would have fewer than 4 catches against the Jets? Boom, easy money. Same with Josh Allen O/U 1.5 TD passes.

Here's one from yesterday: Singletary receiving yards: 19.5. Again a no-brainer. He ended up with 50. Now that the Bills and Allen are the darlings of the NFL it's going to be tougher to find those gems. I did lose on the Diggs O/U. It was 4.5 and he only got 4 receptions. Damn penalties.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 9/27/2020 at 11:05 AM, The Dean said:

22 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

And that is why I don't bet on sports!

That's why the officials have that huddle after a penalty is called...Vegas calling them to say which way the foul favours the bookies.  😁  (Communication capabilities courtesy of the New England Patriots Electronics Department.)

Degenerate gambling Thursday is here!

I managed to snag the Jets at +3 but I'd still bet them at -1.

And a rookie QB is getting his first start in primetime?  Ok then, I'm taking Rypien over 204.5 passing yards and over 0.5 INT.  I have no confidence in the Jets secondary so the yards will be there I think but Greggo should be able to give him some fits and force him into bad mistakes.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Degenerate gambling Thursday is here!

I managed to snag the Jets at +3 but I'd still bet them at -1.

And a rookie QB is getting his first start in primetime?  Ok then, I'm taking Rypien over 204.5 passing yards and over 0.5 INT.  I have no confidence in the Jets secondary so the yards will be there I think but Greggo should be able to give him some fits and force him into bad mistakes.

I like the Jets getting points (+2 1/2) in the pool I'm in, but then I realize how thoroughly they got beat by what was essentially the 49ers cheerleading squad, and then two pick-sixes against the Colts, and I feel like the players realize if then can tank another game or two, they can finally get rid of a coach that no one likes.

That's not sound gambling practices, I know, but I'm not sure everyone appreciates just how bad the Jets are this year.

That said, the other game I like which also adheres to poor gambling practices is Texans -3 1/2 vs. Vikings, simply based on the idea that there is no way the Texans are going 0-4. They need to kick the crap out of someone, and the Vikings should be that someone.

19 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

I’ve got a parlay 

Bills -3

ML Ravens

ML Rams 

40 to win 101

Betting the road team at -3 is one of the biggest no no’s there is when betting the NFL.  I think we’re a good bet at -3 but Vegas usually has something up their sleeve when a road team is -3.  That’s the upset special more often than not.  

that bet is 40 to win 61 plus your money back.

edit:  just noticed that the bills are -3 @EVEN instead of the normal -110.  Which means?  Vegas is begging you to take the Bills 

Edited by NewEra

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That said, the other game I like which also adheres to poor gambling practices is Texans -3 1/2 vs. Vikings, simply based on the idea that there is no way the Texans are going 0-4. They need to kick the crap out of someone, and the Vikings should be that someone.

People said the same thing about the Texans last week :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if HOU is the team trying to get rid of a coach that no one likes.

18 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

People said the same thing about the Texans last week :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if HOU is the team trying to get rid of a coach that no one likes.

Someone recently did a great segment on teams who gave away top draft picks (Texans/Hopkins, Vikings/Diggs, Jets/Adams) relative to the teams who got those players, and it pretty much tells an obvious story. Texans players have to be a bit miffed.