Beatles & The Who Merge to Record Album and Tour in 2121

T&C

Finally, something great has emerged from this rotten year besides football. 

A snippet:

"In what could be the greatest supergroup of all time, the surviving members of 2 of rock’s best bands are joining together to form ‘The Whotles’. The band plans to tour and release an album that will feature new material as well as a few reworked Beatle & Who classics."

Full story here... I'm pumped:

https://madhousemagazine.com/beatles-the-who-merge-to-record-album-tour-in-2021/

Edited by T&C
  • Like (+1) 1

A Black Zeppelin/ Led Sabbath merger might be worthwhile and productive.

"Livin' Lovin' Warpigs" " Dazed and Confused and Paranoid"

"Ironman Destroyed the Stairway to Heaven"

Edited by I am the egg man

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I never got passed The Who's Superbowl half time performance...when Pete Townshend amply demonstrated that he was too old to play.  

And that was 10 years ago!   They were god awful.

Don't judge a band by its SB half time performance. The instruments are prerecorded, per NFL rules. The vocals are live, but the rest of the band is just going through the motions.

I saw The Who last year and Pete still has it.

• Like (+1) 3

On 9/27/2020 at 5:31 AM, WhoTom said:

Don't judge a band by its SB half time performance. The instruments are prerecorded, per NFL rules. The vocals are live, but the rest of the band is just going through the motions.

I saw The Who last year and Pete still has it.

They were terrible.  The 40 year old montage concept from Townshend's Roadrunner was such a wrong way to go.  Greatest hits of ***** no one wanted to hear in that form

Dark stage opens to Blue Red and Grey, giving way to an overpowering Baba O'Riley conclusion.  Open to interpretation, then conclude with a My Gen from Live at Leeds.  They could have done something like that, but decided to suck instead.  Or just play Who Are You and flip off the audience

On 9/26/2020 at 10:41 PM, Nextmanup said:

I never got passed The Who's Superbowl half time performance...when Pete Townshend amply demonstrated that he was too old to play.  

And that was 10 years ago!   They were god awful.

You know, I agree the Super Bowl half-time performance was pretty bad.  However, I saw them live, after that.  I was very reluctant about going, but a friend purchased a ticket for me.  They were actually pretty terrific. I was very pleasantly surprised.  They weren't the same Who I saw back at the Aud in 1979, or at Rich in 1982...but they still rocked.  Ringo's kid was a much better replacement for Keith Moon than Kenny Jones ever was.  I am so glad I went to that show, despite my trepidation.  Daltrey sounded as good as you could have expected in modern times....of course, he had to cancel a few shows scheduled after ours, because his voice was shot.