The Josh Allen Revenge Tour Has Begun

Scorp83

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I think this breakdown hits on some concepts of why I’m optimistic this time and have been in the past skeptical.

so often we get caught up in the results (see fitz hot start season) and not the how (flukey turnovers, and unsustainable short fields and broken plays). 

the 300 yard thing wasn’t so much about it being a magical threshold as much as it being such a statistical outlier if you think a guys playing well.

hitting 3 or even 400 didn’t suddenly change who he was but some changes in fundamentals seem to be helping him be the type where clearing that bar will be commonplace because he is actually playing differently in his mechanics. We will see if it sustains in big games, playing from behind, or under major pressure but there’s reason to be optimistic 

Valid points on the Fitz hot start season.  I knew that stuff and yet I hadn’t put it all together.  The Bills D has done some “taking care of business” - 7 3-and-outs in 2 games, an INT, a 1st and goal stop - but it hasn’t been Turnover City gift-wrapping field position for our offense or anything like that.

My concern is can Josh sustain the improvements in mechanics when the pass rush gets brutal, and can he sustain the improvements in reading the D when the DCs get super-tricky (though Flores and Boyer are deceptively sophisticated IMO)

1 hour ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

He has his feet in the air in all these passes that crazy

Did you see that pass he actually threw with both feet in the air because one of his OLmen was rolling into him?  Sick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

For all the people who made fun of him. Not regular criticism but like 'A parity of a QB' type ribbing

Is he playing against them? Or the Rams?

Not buying the revenge thing in the slightest. A make-em-eat-their-words tour, maybe? Nah, I don't like that either.  I just don't get the sense that it matters that much to Josh. They say he does hear it, but it doesn't seem to rent space in his head. He uses it for motivation, it seems like, but proving people wrong seems like a maybe a fifth priority for him, well after winning and playing for his teammates, IMO.

The prove people wrong thing seems like it's much more important to fans than to Josh. Look at how he handled the Jalen Ramsay thing last time when he led them to a win against Jax.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

At one point...we all did. Most of us on this board applied alot of crap towards McBeane... they were new at the time, we were piss the Jets traded up to 3rd... the Browns got Baker,  the Jets got Darnold & the Bills passed on Lamar & Rosen to take Josh Allen who at the time was considered the rawest of all the QB's...

Now...Josh is obviously proving alot of us, fans, media, experts, got it wrong. 

Speak for yourself... Don't include me in this crow eating, I'm the one serving nice dishes of crow since I was one of the only ones who wanted Allen over the rest of the QBs even at #1

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Not buying the revenge thing in the slightest. A make-em-eat-their-words tour, maybe? Nah, I don't like that either.  I just don't get the sense that it matters that much to Josh. They say he does hear it, but it doesn't seem to rent space in his head. He uses it for motivation, it seems like, but proving people wrong seems like a maybe a fifth priority for him, well after winning and playing for his teammates, IMO.

The prove people wrong thing seems like it's much more important to fans than to Josh. Look at how he handled the Jalen Ramsay thing last time when he led them to a win against Jax.

I disagree.  I think he cares what other think 💯.  Caring about what others think isn’t part of the process, so he’ll never talk about it.  He signed an autograph after he beat jags and wrote “am I trash now?”  I’d bet my last dollar that josh heard all those naysayers his first few years and used them as fuel for his fire. 

not like we’ll ever know for sure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

So are you saying that people can't seek motivation from people who doubt them. So yes when you have groups of people that go out there way to trash you yes it can be considered a revenge tour. On top of the players and coaches who doubted him and Josh  may never say it but it could  very well what pushes him to greatness. 

We will never know but thats ok. Josh saying and doing what he is supposed to do. If you think he doesn't hear the chatter then you my friend is naive. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Give it time Thurm... we'll see. But I can get behind this Revenge Tour or prove people wrong tour...whatever. 

But people said "Brady doesn't think about it, Brady doesn't entertain it" .... yet 10yrs or 12yrs later...we get "The Brady 6" documentary. 

These players are wired... & I wouldn't put it pass Josh...that he thinks about it. Ultimately, he just wants to get better every year & that's the one thing I don't none of us really saw when scouting Josh. 

Him flying Diggs to California, after the trade was finalized, was huge! Josh isn't the same kid we saw in College. This man wants it... & he want his team to want it... & his frickin leadership skills have grown! 

Right now...a ton of people have gotten this wrong... I heard Sal mention how "Charlie Casserly is getting hit every week Lamar Jackson tear the league up".  Lamar & Josh looks like the best 2 QB out that class! 

I would it's in the back of they're heads... they just can't focus on it right now...cause winning matters a little bit more. 

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

I disagree.  I think he cares what other think 💯.  Caring about what others think isn’t part of the process, so he’ll never talk about it.  He signed an autograph after he beat jags and wrote “am I trash now?”  I’d bet my last dollar that josh heard all those naysayers his first few years and used them as fuel for his fire. 

not like we’ll ever know for sure. 

I just answered this as well... see the Brady 6... about a decade later... after people claimed...Brady never thinks about that stuff. 

9 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Speak for yourself... Don't include me in this crow eating, I'm the one serving nice dishes of crow since I was one of the only ones who wanted Allen over the rest of the QBs even at #1

Ok...that's fine. I'm just pointing it out, I'm not running from it. I wear it proudly...all my friends joke about that draft night still... 

When I heard Goodell say "The Buffalo Bills select Josh..." I jumped up screaming "YES WE GOT ROSEN!!!" Allen Quarterback from Wyoming"...I then screamed "NOOOOO WE TOOK THE WRONG JOSH" 

😅😅😅😅

I proudly wear it...most people want to run & hide then claim they wanted him over everyone! (Not saying that's what your doing 😄)... but me...I remember who & can go back in my history & read the threads of the people that were against the pick. But, I'll own it forever... I'm on record saying "Prove me Wrong Josh....Prove me wrong" it's a win....win for me anyway!! 😎😅😅

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

At one point...we all did. Most of us on this board applied alot of crap towards McBeane... they were new at the time, we were piss the Jets traded up to 3rd... the Browns got Baker,  the Jets got Darnold & the Bills passed on Lamar & Rosen to take Josh Allen who at the time was considered the rawest of all the QB's...

Now...Josh is obviously proving alot of us, fans, media, experts, got it wrong. 

You, not me. 

so eat crow and enjoy it. 

the Revenue Tour does not apply  

plain and simple. 
So hock a guy who calls Cover1 as much of an expert as professionals all you want. 

this op message is just untrue 

12 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

Ok...that's fine. I'm just pointing it out, I'm not running from it. I wear it proudly...all my friends joke about that draft night still... 

When I heard Goodell say "The Buffalo Bills select Josh..." I jumped up screaming "YES WE GOT ROSEN!!!" Allen Quarterback from Wyoming"...I then screamed "NOOOOO WE TOOK THE WRONG JOSH" 

😅😅😅😅

I proudly wear it...most people want to run & hide then claim they wanted him over everyone! (Not saying that's what your doing 😄)... but me...I remember who & can go back in my history & read the threads of the people that were against the pick. But, I'll own it forever... I'm on record saying "Prove me Wrong Josh....Prove me wrong" it's a win....win for me anyway!! 😎😅😅

I just didn't see the Aaron Rogers comparisons in Rosen and did see the Rapelisberger comparisons in Allen... I figured if he turned out to be a more mobile Big Ben we'd be in for the best QB ever, I think I was right:wub:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Yup.  I tried it out (in my living room) and I kind of get it - if you bring your front foot off the ground on the rotation you can swing your hips through faster.  Not sure how it affects velocity - it’s odd because you would think raising your pivot point off the floor would reduce your power but if you do it all in one motion it really doesn’t.

Check golfers. Many lift their left heel off the ground in their backswing. Same idea. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

HERE IS THE PROPER TITLE 

Silence the doubters!!!

What's the difference?? This is like getting upset over square pizza because you like round one's better 😄