Amy Coney Barrett

Tiberius

16 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We will just have to wait and see. But I have a sneaking suspicion that if the Dems hold the Presidency, the Senate, and the House after January 20, it will be the Republicans who are lining up to "change the rules" -- a/k/a reform the process.

the only way that happens is that the Dems change the voting structure to allow more fraud

already regions are being allowed to vote and count votes a week or more after the election

multiple ballots are being mailed to people long dead

always changing the rules because they can't win under the current rules

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and she has more lawyering smarts than most if not all of the "purported" lawyers questioning her...

I’m thinking the term is photographic memory.  It’s very interesting to see someone who is incredibly talented handle the questions thrown at her.  The sad fact is that the senators trying to take her out have a paid research team doing all the heavy lifting and outline the points of attack, while the sens want to give the appearance of knowing case law, precedent and the like.   It happens when either party is the opposition of course, but it’s either the worst sort of political theater or a really cool David Copperfield illusion depending on how you look at it. 

I have to give any nominee a ton of credit. Having to sit there and listen to nonsensical stump speeches for hours on end from political numbskulls with less than the half the intellect of your local paper boy must be excruciating! I’m sure the justice must be thinking ‘and these are the idiots who’re making the laws that I have to rule on’? Sheeesh

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

How so?

Probably thinks the compliant leftist judges that legislate from the bench are perfectly fine. They literally arrogate to themselves the power reserved to the people who vote for their representatives in the legislature.

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Would you consider a Senator being in the building but not coming to the room and questioning via Zoom an act of "arrogance" or "attitude"?

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Would you consider a Senator being in the building but not coming to the room and questioning via Zoom an act of "arrogance" or "attitude"?

Nope, but I’d call the White House super spreader event an act of arrogance 

After watching Amy Coney Barrett get pulverized by Democrats over 3 days (not for anything she did, but for what she might do) and deflecting every effort and attempt of theirs with the unmistakable grace that her condemners lacked, most of the country said...

”She handled it with grace, intelligence and an unrivaled knowledge of the law.”

Tibs...

“The judge is one arrogant person.”

Remember when your party stood for equality for women, regardless of their beliefs, lifestyle or race?  Here you have a women who has demonstrated a knowledge of the law and constitution that maybe a handful of men could rival.  She’s dedicated her life to the mastery of her knowledge and it was on full display.  At no point did she stray from the law, or constitution.  She’s had her career and family dragged through the mud, been accused of being a white colonizer, has her bi-racial adoptions questioned, and that’s just the tip of her experience.  At no point did she grin, chuckle, become angry or stoop to anything remotely resembling the disgusting politicians that interviewed her.  But Tibs, you know your own unconscious bias is showing. She‘s conservative, faith-based and ran graceful circles around your entire political base, while never referring to a single note as Democrats LITERALLY read their talking points to try and make her stumble.  Yep...  She’s arrogant, Tibs.  Way to see things intelligently and from the lens of neutrality.  

• Thank you (+1) 2