Amy Coney Barrett

Tiberius

56 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

I heard she likes Jesus...that’s just way too radical for me. 

I’m just glad she has to answer questions about the constitution, she’s an origionalist you know. 

If Congress passes a law and provides money to achieve that end, can the president spend it on whatever he wants? 

47 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I’m just glad she has to answer questions about the constitution, she’s an origionalist you know. 

If Congress passes a law and provides money to achieve that end, can the president spend it on whatever he wants? 

I gotta tell ya...I think people like you have been so busy convincing yourselves that Trump is the spawn of Hitler and Voldemort that y’all are really detached from objectivity and reality. 

Liberals calling Trump authoritarian is RICH....Whitmer, Cuomo, Newsome, the NJ idiot....man...I’ve never seen anything like TDS. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

I gotta tell ya...I think people like you have been so busy convincing yourselves that Trump is the spawn of Hitler and Voldemort that y’all are really detached from objectivity and reality. 

Liberals calling Trump authoritarian is RICH....Whitmer, Cuomo, Newsome, the NJ idiot....man...I’ve never seen anything like TDS. 

Ok Dragoon! Enjoy the Stanley Cup playoffs tonight with a couple cold ones, I know I will 🍺

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ok Dragoon! Enjoy the Stanley Cup playoffs tonight with a couple cold ones, I know I will 🍺

I don’t think I can name 6 hockey teams. I’ve been a southerner since I was 10. Couldn’t have even told you hockey was still doing it’s thing. But enjoy the game. 

10 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Watching Amy destroy lying Ted is delicious
pic.twitter.com/R8qbx49ZLG

— Molly Jong-Fast🏡 (@MollyJongFast) September 26, 2020

She starts off by acknowledging that she has to scramble to figure out what she’s going to say after Ted Cruz speaks.  The first 5 minutes has her voice cracking as if she’s about to cry—and maybe she is that emotional about whatever point she’s trying to make, and that’s fine—-she says the First Lady is about to lie in state, presumably meaning RBG, and I’m still not sure where the destruction part comes in?  

If she’s smart enough to have studied theater and to try and add emphasis with contrived hand gestures, I’d think she’s smart enough to know that when the Senate acts, it’s fulfilling its obligation to the people.  

Can you get me to the “destroy” part?  

**edit for clarity—she didn’t say First Lady, she said the first woman.  My bad,  the structure of that sentence seemed awkward to me so I went back and listened to her again. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

She starts off by acknowledging that she has to scramble to figure out what she’s going to say after Ted Cruz speaks.  The first 5 minutes has her voice cracking as if she’s about to cry—and maybe she is that emotional about whatever point she’s trying to make, and that’s fine—-she says the First Lady is about to lie in state, presumably meaning RBG, and I’m still not sure where the destruction part comes in?  

If she’s smart enough to have studied theater and to try and add emphasis with contrived hand gestures, I’d think she’s smart enough to know that when the Senate acts, it’s fulfilling its obligation to the people.  

Can you get me to the “destroy” part?  

**edit for clarity—she didn’t say First Lady, she said the first woman.  My bad,  the structure of that sentence seemed awkward to me so I went back and listened to her again. 

And I thought no one would watch 🍺

I liked it. 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And I thought no one would watch 🍺

I liked it. 

I can understand why you did, but she is a lightweight up through about 5 minutes.  Did she ever get around to destroying anyone other than the reputation of whomever gave her the acting lessons?  Very robotic.  

I swear I’ll push past 5 minutes to see her destroy Ted Cruz.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

Will that stop the talk or actual packing the court with 11 or more justices ?

No.   Lefty Congress critters want a Supreme Court that rewrites laws, which is basically an abdication of their responsibilities.  The Founders wanted SCOTUS to be a check and balance against the other branches, not an extension of either.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, ALF said:

Doing away with the bipartisan 60 vote to confirm a SC Justice can result in more extreme jurists from whichever party controls the Senate.

This will just further divide the country and that is dangerous.

Sorry, but that was done away with a while ago. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/mcconnell-went-nuclear-confirm-gorsuch-democrats-changed-senate-filibuster-rules-n887271