Time for Tyler Kroft to step up EDIT: He Did!!!

Inigo Montoya

Kroft restructured his contract earlier this year and is essentially on the last year of a two year $10.5 million contract that is fully guaranteed.  Since he arrived in Buffalo at the beginning of the 2019 season he has had 6 catches for 71 yards and 1 TD.  You can do the math about how much money that is per catch.  He has battled injuries and has had limited availability.  Beane brought him in because he flashed some pass catching skill in Cincinnati in the 2017 season before being injured there.

Kroft is healthy right now, and with Knox and Sweeney out, he is the Bills' primary pass catching TE.  This game on Sunday has all the looks of a shootout, especially if we don't get both Edmunds and Milano back on the field.   The Rams' defense is going to be focused on Diggs, Smoke, and Beasley and Kroft could end up being Daboll's sneaky X factor in the game plan.  One thing is certain though, with Knox out, now is time for Tyler Kroft to finally step up and justify that contract.  

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He sucks.  The end.  

but you are right.  I was never a fan of the signing but it would be a great time to earn his money.  Also, I’m not sure if he will ever be fully healthy.  Foot injuries are a killer for skill players.  Luckily, we have 3 very good receivers but man a good TE could eat on this offense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Kroft restructured his contract earlier this year and is essentially on the last year of a two year $10.5 million contract that is fully guaranteed.  Since he arrived in Buffalo at the beginning of the 2019 season he has had 6 catches for 71 yards and 1 TD.  You can do the math about how much money that is per catch.  He has battled injuries and has had limited availability.  Beane brought him in because he flashed some pass catching skill in Cincinnati in the 2017 season before being injured there.

Kroft is healthy right now, and with Knox and Sweeney out, he is the Bills' primary pass catching TE.  This game on Sunday has all the looks of a shootout, especially if we don't get both Edmunds and Milano back on the field.   The Rams' defense is going to be focused on Diggs, Smoke, and Beasley and Kroft could end up being Daboll's sneaky X factor in the game plan.  One thing is certain though, with Knox out, now is time for Tyler Kroft to finally step up and justify that contract.  

To be a "primary pass catching" TE, he has to be on the field and actually catch passes

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, TroutDog said:

It would be fantastic if he does but I’m not really sold on him: he just hasn’t shown it, unfortunately. 

With that being said, I’m a glass half full guy so will enter tomorrow believing it’s his day. 

Half full means it’s time to get another drink. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Honestly his health has been his hold up, when healthy he is a starting caliber TE. This is the time for the signing to payoff, we need a good game out of Kroft. 

Is he?  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KrofTy00.htm

my man has 700 yards in his 6 years in the nfl. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To my untrained eye, he looks out of shape. Or as CBiscuit said, maybe hasnt fully recovered from the foot. I think they typically go with Knox because hes the better all around athlete, but I feel like Kroft still has good hands a decent route running ability. If he can make his presence felt early, that would really open things up for the playmakers. 

2021 is setting up to potentially be a good draft for TE with a couple worthy of going in the 1st round/early 2nd

i would love to see Kolar or Freirermuth in a Bills uniform

Allen is showing he is the franchise. Its time to keep adding tools to his toolbox - continue adding talent to the OL to protect him and pass catching weapons. Those two positions should be our focus rounds 1/2, then we can get a LB or CB rounds 3/4

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, bobobonators said:

2021 is setting up to potentially be a goid draft for TE with a couple worthy of going in the 1st round/early 2nd

i would love to see Kolar or Freirermuth in a Bills uniform

Allen is showing he is the franchise. Its time to keep adding tools to his toolbox - continue adding talent to the OL to protect him and pass catching weapons. Those two positions should be our focus rounds 1/2, then we can get a LB or CB rounds 3/4

I’ve wanted a monster TE forever.  Such a weapon for any qb, especially a young one.  I don’t trust Knox ever getting there but if he does, 2 TEs sets can do so much damage.

• Like (+1) 1