(Wk 4 update: Allen=82) Yeah, EA Madden moves Allen up from a terrible 77 overall, to 1 pt better than terrible 78!

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

EA is pathetic.  $120 a year to play the same game with updated rosters and new micro transactions that you can spend more of your hard earned money on.  They’ve merged their game pass with Microsoft’s game pass because they know their product can’t sell itself anymore.  NHL is garbage.  Battlefield, trash.  I truly believe that EA is still in business because of their monopoly on the NFL over the last 15 years.  

the graphics have improved over the years, but the gameplay is so much worse than ever imo.  I’ll get it on GameFly every year, remake the Bills roster/rating because EA is so clueless, play a handful of game and mail it back within 2 weeks.  

In fairness, the $10 per month gives access to the entire library of game. There's a couple hundred games... Madden and FIFA are the only two I have interest in at this point. And I don't have any other use for buying a PS whatever or X-Box. 

8 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

His deep accuracy went up a point, everything else is just running related.

He is the 20th ranked QB in the league. 

Cam Newton has gone up 3 points already (81). Keap is an 81 and hasn’t played in 4 years. They also hate on Wentz and Prescott too.

TCMA, that is such BS.  Edit: for clarification, brother, you are not BS, the ratings are. 😂 

they had roster updates after week 1 and Allen should have gotten a point after that week, too.  Weirdly, I could maybe live with a 79, f they were consistent with his progress, which they are not.  Proof positive to that point being Cam’s increase you mentioned above.

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

They are pretty brutal on the team for sure. 
You’d never know we had a good defense last year based on almost all the defensive players being in the 70’s outside the top 4 guys 

Rc2, I’ve notice that for the last two years.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

In fairness, the $10 per month gives access to the entire library of game. There's a couple hundred games... Madden and FIFA are the only two I have interest in at this point. And I don't have any other use for buying a PS whatever or X-Box. 

Yeah, the only good thing I see about it is it doesn’t require a console purchase.

That comes with its own challenges and PC games are filled with hackers.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Arm Strength Allen is 99. No accuracy or awareness boost?

+2 (78) AWR +1 DAC (79).

His great rushing ratings are neutralized by his 53 carry rating

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Which features did they remove this year to make room for more MUT cards?

The kick meter stability feature.

it always lags and it causes some BAD misses.

20 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

TCMA, that is such BS.  Edit: for clarification, brother, you are not BS, the ratings are. 😂 

they had roster updates after week 1 and Allen should have gotten a point after that week, too.  Weirdly, I could maybe live with a 79, f they were consistent with his progress, which they are not.  Proof positive to that point being Cam’s increase you mentioned above.

Rc2, I’ve notice that for the last two years.

Depends the position. Morse, Hyde and Poyer are all top 10 at their spots. White is #4 CB I think, could be higher but that’s still understandable. Diggs is top 5, I think he’s a 93 now.

Basically, where Madden hasn’t  shown Josh much love, they’ve shown love to Diggs (93), Brown (83), Beasley (83), and Davis (70).

Bills are tied for the best WRs in the game

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

His great rushing ratings are neutralized by his 53 carry rating

Just like I would like to say to the real Josh Allen: Slide!

I am with everyone else here in being irritated by the lack of ratings boost for Allen. In my opinion, he should have gotten bumped to 80. That seems fair to me.

On the other hand, even with his ratings just as they are now, I do pretty well online controlling the Bills. He has 1-3 bad misses per game for me, but then, that's pretty reflective of how Allen actually plays!

Diggs is absolutely, positively dominant in this game. It's beyond easy to rack up receiving yards with him. Likewise, Tre White is a beast. I always use the coaching adjustments to select "matchup based on overall ratings" to ensure that White follows the opponent's best receiver around. White and Diggs are winning me games, man.

*Edit* And yes, I agree with everyone else that Madden, in general, has suffered from the lack of competition and has gone downhill. I, too, wish 2Ksports was still allowed to make simulation NFL games. They're not, though, so I really only have one choice if I want to play video game football. That being the case, I try not to worry myself too much about it and to just enjoy the game. Even with its deficiencies, it's still MILES ahead of what we were playing 10 and 20 years ago.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Just like I would like to say to the real Josh Allen: Slide!

I am with everyone else here in being irritated by the lack of ratings boost for Allen. In my opinion, he should have gotten bumped to 80. That seems fair to me.

On the other hand, even with his ratings just as they are now, I do pretty well online controlling the Bills. He has 1-3 bad misses per game for me, but then, that's pretty reflective of how Allen actually plays!

Diggs is absolutely, positively dominant in this game. It's beyond easy to rack up receiving yards with him. Likewise, Tre White is a beast. I always use the coaching adjustments to select "matchup based on overall ratings" to ensure that White follows the opponent's best receiver around. White and Diggs are winning me games, man.

*Edit* And yes, I agree with everyone else that Madden, in general, has suffered from the lack of competition and has gone downhill. I, too, wish 2Ksports was still allowed to make simulation NFL games. They're not, though, so I really only have one choice if I want to play video game football. That being the case, I try not to worry myself too much about it and to just enjoy the game. Even with its deficiencies, it's still MILES ahead of what we were playing 10 and 20 years ago.

I think 80 would be absolutely fair, if he can light up the Rams he may get it. The Bills are tied for the best WRs, that may also be why he doesn’t shoot up the OVR standings yet.

5 minutes ago, Reader said:

His trucking went up by 6 points 😄

And that was just due to his mustache 

3 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

It’s better now after the patch went thru but yeah, the #17 hate is real. He is awful in madden.

I have alot of success with Buffalo as a whole in Madden. With his arm power he can make some tough throws and then mixing in some running from him ,makes him a good QB. Should be very good,  at least an 82 -84. 

Diggs also went up 1 point to a 93. Brown went up 1 too an 83 as well. 

Motor is an 83 I believe. 

Anyway,  I'm 7-3 online and only using Buffalo.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, the only good thing I see about it is it doesn’t require a console purchase.

That comes with its own challenges and PC games are filled with hackers.  

PC gaming has wayyyyy less hackers than 8-10 years ago

51 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

They made zero improvements to franchise, I can tell you that much

Yeah that is just pathetic. They have had the EXACT same franchise for years in certain aspects. Generally as the bills it’s time for a new stadium. Lol they’ve had the same 5 stadiums for years and they’re not all that nice when you start seeing the new stadiums actually in the NFL now like Vegas and LA. 

20 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Yeah that is just pathetic. They have had the EXACT same franchise for years in certain aspects. Generally as the bills it’s time for a new stadium. Lol they’ve had the same 5 stadiums for years and they’re not all that nice when you start seeing the new stadiums actually in the NFL now like Vegas and LA. 

Somehow Franchise mode is worse than it was 15 years ago. For this reason I'm not buying this year.