(Wk 4 update: Allen=82) Yeah, EA Madden moves Allen up from a terrible 77 overall, to 1 pt better than terrible 78!

You know, because they are absolutely brutal at this!

This puts Allen at about 20 or 21 in the league.

FYI, Mahomes is a 99.

Kap is an 81.

WEEK 3 UPDATE

TJ Watt, 1 point up in three straight weeks, 89

Calvin Ridley, 3 straight 100 yard games and EA says “One of the next great WRs”, 3 points in three weeks to an 86.

Josh Allen, AFC player of the month...no change, 79.

Cole Beasley, 1 point up to an 84.

Tre White, 1 point drop to a 90 (later on in the video).

The comments section below in the YouTube video is starting to get feisty with Allen.

Week 4 Update:

Provided by a number of you.  Thank you:

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/player-ratings

Other Bills on the move up, too.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Kap is in the game?  Wow. I don't play video games at all anymore(the last console I had was a Playstation 2 my wife bought me for Christmas back in 2007 😄), and I didn't know Madden has players that aren't even in the league.  Is the old Bills squad on there, from the early 90's?  If so i might need to go and buy myself a console as an early Christmas present to myself...

As far as Allen goes, my personal obvious biased opinion would be to put him at least in the 80's.  If Mahomes is a 99, then I would try to objectively put Allen between 83-86.  He still has a ton to prove, and if you look at his statistics as a whole, I don't think 77 is a slap-in-the-face blatant wrongdoing.  I mean it should definitely be higher.  

Just my two cents though 🙂

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Kap is in the game?  Wow. I don't play video games at all anymore(the last console I had was a Playstation 2 my wife bought me for Christmas back in 2007 😄), and I didn't know Madden has players that aren't even in the league.  Is the old Bills squad on there, from the early 90's?  If so i might need to go and buy myself a console as an early Christmas present to myself...

As far as Allen goes, my personal obvious biased opinion would be to put him at least in the 80's.  If Mahomes is a 99, then I would try to objectively put Allen between 83-86.  He still has a ton to prove, and if you look at his statistics as a whole, I don't think 77 is a slap-in-the-face blatant wrongdoing.  I mean it should definitely be higher.  

EA has a platform that you can play their games on via PC for like $10 per month. You can buy a USB X-Box or PS4 controller. I've been playing Madden for the last 2 years on it (for the first time in maybe 15 years.) and run it to the tv thru HDMI. 

I do pretty well using the Bills. Some games Josh Allen is on fire, and some games he sucks. It's frustrating, but I like the game play compared to early 2000's.

• Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Hahaha Kap is an 81?

I guess this means Allen must suck. Time for the Bills to move on from him. Is Kap available?  I want my starting QB to be at least an 80. 

Kaepernick is a perfect madden qb. Even with the low rating, Allen would also be money to play with. Just roll right and throw bombs if the defenders come up. 

and when will we get respect from madden?!?!?

7 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

It’s better now after the patch went thru but yeah, the #17 hate is real. He is awful in madden.

I haven’t played in a while but is he really bad? I know sometimes guys have low ratings but great abilities and can improve quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m on record as having an issue with Kaep’s rating. I had no problem with him being in the game but had a problem with him being rated above half of the starting QBs in the game. This was kind of why. Allen is an MVP candidate through 2 weeks and is 2 points lower than a guy that hasn’t played in 4 years or played well in like 6. He should have been rated in the middle of the backups not the middle of the starters.

• Like (+1) 5

The entire Bills team is pretty bad on Madden. All the simulations have the Bills finishing with a losing record.

As far as ratings upgraded on a weekly basis, I don't think they usually have crazy swings, do they? If they increase Allen 1 overall every couple of weeks he'll be pretty good by the end of the season.

I think he he should probably be about an 80, with room to increase throughout the season if he keeps playing well. So I don't think his rating is super low.

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

What is Santa Clause's rating?

He's on the nice list, so that's good.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Smuv, they put him in about 3 weeks ago.

they must have paid him a good bit, and guaranteed a certain rating.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

EA has a platform that you can play their games on via PC for like $10 per month. You can buy a USB X-Box or PS4 controller. I've been playing Madden for the last 2 years on it (for the first time in maybe 15 years.) and run it to the tv thru HDMI. 

I do pretty well using the Bills. Some games Josh Allen is on fire, and some games he sucks. It's frustrating, but I like the game play compared to early 2000's.

EA is pathetic.  $120 a year to play the same game with updated rosters and new micro transactions that you can spend more of your hard earned money on.  They’ve merged their game pass with Microsoft’s game pass because they know their product can’t sell itself anymore.  NHL is garbage.  Battlefield, trash.  I truly believe that EA is still in business because of their monopoly on the NFL over the last 15 years.  

the graphics have improved over the years, but the gameplay is so much worse than ever imo.  I’ll get it on GameFly every year, remake the Bills roster/rating because EA is so clueless, play a handful of game and mail it back within 2 weeks.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

The entire Bills team is pretty bad on Madden. All the simulations have the Bills finishing with a losing record.

They are pretty brutal on the team for sure. 
You’d never know we had a good defense last year based on almost all the defensive players being in the 70’s outside the top 4 guys 

• Awesome! (+1) 2