Espn Has Posted DETAILED FEATURING JOSH ALLEN

Protocal69

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't seen it but the fakes thing is interesting. I thought last year Josh had a definite tell when we were going to run a screen in that he seemed to drop his head and his eyes to look at the rush straight off the bat rather than selling the downfield throw. Through two games in 2020 he has definitely got better at "selling" the deep throw which opens up the screen. It is an example of him really developing the nuance of the position as he goes along and the hard count fakes might just be the next one for him to master. 

Yes.  This is the best thing to come out of the show, in my opinion.  Peyton picking up on little things that take a good QB to the next level.  It is clear that no matter who the analyst is, though, they are all “wowed” by some of Josh’s throws.  There were a couple where Peyton was almost speechless.  It’s a really good 20-minute watch.

Edit:  and I’m just going to add...if you don’t like Peyton Manning’s humor and charisma, combined with his knowledge, I don’t know what to say.  The guy is absolutely awesome and would be amazing in the booth if he ever decides to go in that direction.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

The reason why Peyton is so good is because he is a perfectiomist, extremely hardworking, self-motivated, and into every detail. He focuses on things most cannot, will not or do not. He is always looking for the extra small mental edge to be better than the rest, to make up for any physical shortcomings. He wants to be one step ahead (no pun intended) of everyone else, and in order to do so he analyzes everything, by breaking everything up into minute parts. He seems to not fret over those things he cannot control, but to obsessively worry about, hone, and fix those mistakes and  things he could have done better, and to find the smaller things that others do not see. He is ensence wants to learn and perfect everything that he feels he can control, which means to  nitpick and learn from everything, no matter how small, and to have a need for preciseness, promptness and structure. .

I am unsure if Josh is as intense as Manning there, and as he has different personality and had more physical tools than Manning and may have not needed to compensate for such as much, but Josh seems to have many of those traits, in wanting to be the best, and in wanting to fix wrongs and pick others's brains. He seems hardworking and self-motivated too. Lots of qbs at this level are, but I see Josh as adaptable and more than willing to listen and admit wrongs and sincerely believe that he can and must do better. He is not insecure in feeling he has to have all the answers and not learn from others. I do think Payton likely obsesses more about being great, and that is ok, as it lead to his greatness, and he wants others to be great too. Josh will be Josh. He will do his best to apply and practice everything he learnes, and use that chip on his shoulder to motivate him, too..

Edited by BillsDude
  • Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, BillsDude said:

The reason why Peyton is so good is because he is a perfectiomist, extremely hardworking, self-motivated, and into every detail. He focuses on things most cannot, will not or do not. He is always looking for the extra small mental edge to be better than the rest, to make up for any physical shortcomings. He wants to be one step ahead (no pun intended) of everyone else, and in order to do so he analyzes everything, by breaking everything up into minute parts. He seems to not fret over those things he cannot control, but to obsessively worry about, hone, and fix those mistakes and  things he could have done better, and to find the smaller things that others do not see. He is ensence wants to learn and perfect everything that he feels he can control, which means to  nitpick and learn from everything, no matter how small, and to have a need for preciseness, promptness and structure. .

I am unsure if Josh is as intense as Manning there, and as he has different personality and had more physical tools than Manning and may have not needed to compensate for such as much, but Josh seems to have many of those traits, in wanting to be the best, and in wanting to fix wrongs and pick others's brains. He seems hardworking and self-motivated too. Lots of qbs at this level are, but I see Josh as adaptable and more than willing to listen and admit wrongs and sincerely believe that he can and must do better. He is not insecure in feeling he has to have all the answers and not learn from others. I do think Payton likely obsesses more about being great, and that is ok, as it lead to his greatness, and he wants others to be great too. Josh will be Josh. He will do his best to apply and practice everything he learnes, and use that chip on his shoulder to motivate him, too..

Didn’t Josh and Peyton get together this offseason at some point or am I imagining I saw that written about?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Didn’t Josh and Peyton get together this offseason at some point or am I imagining I saw that written about?

2017 is what Manning was referencing in the video. 

Allen was a camp counselor at his passing academy. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/football/josh-allen-headed-to-manning-passing-academy-as-camp-counselor/article_f58da20f-eca2-5f93-8158-b458b4902ab0.amp.html

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Finally got to watch it and glad I did. Honestly with all that I've seen of Manning lately, nationwide and his recent interview about NE, I expected some slapstick humor the whole time.  There was a bunch but not not really related to what he was watching of the game film. 

Great insight. 

Also I didn't realize from watching on TV how much it was raining in that game. 

Yep I was there and it was a constant shower for quite some time. Even within the stadium under the roof sections it's a little difficult to see unless it at the right angle.

Yeah very wet for a while there. Made me very worried for fumbles.

15 hours ago, brianthomas said:

hopefully someone uploads the segment somewhere so i can check it out

I know i could pay the $5.99 but im not gonna just for this

I was in the same boat about ESPN+ but i've had it for like 3-4 months now and I gotta say there is some fantastic content.