Espn Has Posted DETAILED FEATURING JOSH ALLEN

Protocal69

As an Aussie NFL fan, ESPN is our only option when it comes to opinion shows and live game coverage.

I have watched the ESPN crew collectively ridicule Josh almost to a man with few exceptions - none more so than that clown Trey Wingo.

However. this season they have already changed their tune - they have given him a big thumbs up. Although they still believe the pats with Cam are a superior team.

At least now he is starting to get the respect he deserves.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ok I'm apparently an idiot (and idiot, for some) on how to use this. It says I need espn+, which I have, but opens ESPN app which is telling me I need to subscribe? 

I know I'm over complicating this right? 

Edited by The Wiz

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Ok I'm apparently an idiot (and idiot, for some) on how to use this. It says I need espn+, which I have, but opens ESPN app which is telling me I need to subscribe? 

I know I'm over complicating this right? 

Are you logged in on the app?

15 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Are you logged in on the app?

I am. It's asking me to restore my espn+ subscription but it's still active. Keeps sending me in an endless loop. 

I have the Hulu, espn+, Disney plus bundle and has worked fine in the past. 

Edit: Pretty sure it's the espn app that's causing the issues because it doesn't authenticate me with my same account as the normal Disney linked account for the other three. 

Oh well, I'll catch it on my computer later. 

Edited by The Wiz

Just got done looking it and it was very very good. It provided some subtle coaching for Allen on some little things that can help his game for example:

• Keeping all his fake snaps looking just like his real snaps. 

• Reducing his base to avoid his lineman from stepping on him (showed where it almost happened)
  • Showed a play where he did keep 2 hands on the ball for ball security but another where he did not but did try to keep the ball away from the defender.

Other highlights were:

Show Allen protecting TE Gilliam on the Td pass from taking a big hit.

Peyton also showed what a ridiculous talent Josh Allen is by highlighting plays plays Allen was getting hit but still put the ball on the money on some long pass plays

Showed Allen correcting reading the defense and the contrast of Baker Mayfield misreading the same type of play.

Show Gabe Davis working back toward Allen for the TD catch

Last but not least showed a couple of Diggs catches one of which showed Diggs fighting for position to shield off the defender from making a play on the ball.

Also showed Digg running a ridiculous route on the single side of the formation near the goal where shook the ***** out of the defender ( which I did notice live and commented on by the gameday thread) but Allen reads were to the other side of the formation. ( In my opinion Allen first read should be to Diggs when he is one on one with a defender in the red zone)

Overall a great video to watch and I am going to see if Allen implements any of the advice he was given into his game.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 12

Just now, Warcodered said:

The snaps maybe and he's still going to be working on ball security but I doubt he messes with his base during the season, plus he has that little hop he's been doing to protect himself.

Yeah I was more thinking like the Snaps and Ball Security as well.

Finally got to watch it and glad I did. Honestly with all that I've seen of Manning lately, nationwide and his recent interview about NE, I expected some slapstick humor the whole time.  There was a bunch but not not really related to what he was watching of the game film. 

Great insight. 

Also I didn't realize from watching on TV how much it was raining in that game. 

Easily one of the best, and most entertaining,  breakdowns I have seen. Peyton continues to impress me.

Had to join ESPN+ to see it. But I'm guessing Details is worth the price of admission.

And IMO far more on point than what JT (raindrops keep falling on my head) O'Sullivan had to say.

Edited by The Dean

2 hours ago, eball said:

For those of you who have ESPN+ this is a must watch. Peyton is great. Hopefully Josh watched this and got some tips. But it is awesome.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buffalobills/comments/izxein/peyton_manning_breaking_down_josh_allen_watch_espn/

He pointed out a lot of small areas for Josh to improve in that I never would have thought about. For example, Josh keeps a pretty wide stance under center and Peyton shows a few times where it almost resulted in the guard stepping on him as he takes the snap and drops back. Another was trying to do hard counts to get the defense to jump Offside but when Josh does it, he uses different mannerisms than when he actually does take the snap. Peyton said defenses clue in on those tiny mannerisms and know when the QB is bluffing if they aren’t using consistent tendencies.

• Like (+1) 2

This was great, thanks for the link. I got ESPN+ free with Disney+ and this is the first time I've used it. I wouldn't recommend buying it stand alone. That said, Peyton is amazing in this show and I learned a bunch from his breakdown and insight.  Josh is super impressive with room to grow.  It's a good time to be a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

This was great, thanks for the link. I got ESPN+ free with Disney+ and this is the first time I've used it. I wouldn't recommend buying it stand alone. That said, Peyton is amazing in this show and I learned a bunch from his breakdown and insight.  Josh is super impressive with room to grow.  It's a good time to be a Bills fan.

ESPN plus is a great deal for $4.99. it lets you watch tons of college football games that you wouldn't normally get, as well as tons of other sporting events

And replays

I can watch all the college basketball I want, and college football. It really is good

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Just got done looking it and it was very very good. It provided some subtle coaching for Allen on some little things that can help his game for example:

Your recap is greatly appreciated.  THANKS, MAN!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I haven't seen it but the fakes thing is interesting. I thought last year Josh had a definite tell when we were going to run a screen in that he seemed to drop his head and his eyes to look at the rush straight off the bat rather than selling the downfield throw. Through two games in 2020 he has definitely got better at "selling" the deep throw which opens up the screen. It is an example of him really developing the nuance of the position as he goes along and the hard count fakes might just be the next one for him to master.