Will this Rams team be the best team McDermott beat?

BillsMafi$

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Chiefs were actually playing bad up to that point. Believe they started 5-0 and lost their next 4 and then lost again to the Bills at home. 

Bills were also playing bad losing 3 straight and found a way to win in arrowhead. They also beat Atlanta earlier in the year which was a very impressive win. Still McDs overall record against winning teams is atrocious. 

Yes, his record against teams with winning records isn't good. That will happen during a rebuild. It's par for the course, and much more so for a team in the same division as the Patriots with Brady.

If it continues this year, it will be worth noting.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The 2018 jags were atrocious.

Id say his most impressive victory was at KC in 2017.

Me too. Kansas City and Atlanta on the road in 2017. Minnesota on the road 2018. Dallas on the road 2019. 

It would be the biggest HOME win of the regime. So far their biggest wins have all, strangely, been on the road. 

The McDermott story at home so far is much more about no longer dropping stupid home losses to teams they should beat.

Edited by GunnerBill

27 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

A number of good ideas.  The Vikings was a fun win.  

By the end of the year, we’ll have other signature wins given the difficult schedule.

I remember the Vikings win being fun for a number of reasons.  One of the posters here even had a thread about betting 5k on the Vikings and not telling his wife about it....

I do not consider the Rams to be an elite team at this point  .  They struggled last  year and  had a 9-7 record.   Goff is heavily reliant on play action and does not tend to do well as a pure pocket passer.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't think we win this one. Actually, it pains me to say I think the Rams win comfortably. I pray I can post how wrong I was after the game. 

But if they do win and Allen plays well, like 250 yards and 2 tds then the hype on him will go crazy. I've been loving the respect he's been getting after 2 weeks. To play well against an undefeated team of the Rams quality I think even the sceptics will jump aboard. 

17 Falcons

18 Vikings

19 Cowboys

but to me the best “Win” this team has under McDermott, was 17 @ KC. Right after 3 straight beat down losses. Drought looming, the Bills looking totally lost for 3 games. Feeling like it’s going to end the same way it always does. Fans were miserable, Peterman got in during that stretch, just nothing going right...And we go into KC and get a must win game against a good chiefs team. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

17 Falcons

18 Vikings

19 Cowboys

but to me the best “Win” this team has under McDermott, was 17 @ KC. Right after 3 straight beat down losses. Drought looming, the Bills looking totally lost for 3 games. Feeling like it’s going to end the same way it always does. Fans were miserable, Peterman got in during that stretch, just nothing going right...And we go into KC and get a must win game against a good chiefs team. 

And in 2020, the winner is........  Seahawks, Chiefs, Titans, 49ers, Cardinals, Rams?  In 2021 in the AFC Divisional game it’s the Ravens.  Sound good?

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Still McDs overall record against winning teams is atrocious. 

Quick question: in how many of those games were the Bills favored?  I’d suggest, without looking it up, that the answer is perhaps one or two, and most of the time the spread wasn’t close (i.e., greater than a 3-pt dog).  When you’re a prohibitive underdog it’s because the team doesn’t have the talent or experience yet.  Your repeated blurting out of this “record against winning teams” is not evidence of anything.  Let’s see what happens when the Bills are favored (or pick’em) against winning teams, which will happen a lot this season, starting tomorrow.

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Off top of my head:

2018 Vikings and Jags

2019 Cowboys Steelers 

Is this Rams team better then those?  I'd say they are more complete.  But winning in Dallas on Thanksgiving would still rate higher to me.  

Agree with Minny and Cowboys.  Please scratch the Jags and Duck led Steelers.  Had the Steelers fielded a QB who should’ve been playing in the NFL, that’s not a W for the Bills.

Off top of my head:

2018 Vikings and Jags

2019 Cowboys Steelers 

Is this Rams team better then those?  I'd say they are more complete.  But winning in Dallas on Thanksgiving would still rate higher to me.  

This. Agree 100%.  That game in Dallas last year, on Thanksgiving, in Dallas???  A game nobody expected us to win, and we don't just win, we show our a$$es?  That was as complete and impressive victory as they come...

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure why it bothers you so much but it’s the truth.... agree the talent hasn’t exactly been there, but even last year they went 1-5 against playoff teams.... the only win coming against the Marcus Mariota led Titans. Coach McD owns that poor record. Hell, even Mike Vrabel has a .500 or so record against winning teams and his Titans teams aren’t incredibly talented. 

Yes, hopefully tomorrow the coach and team start to show they can beat some of the big boys of the league. 

1-5 how? I see 1-3 and 2 of those 3 were against the Pats who had our number for 20 years with probably a greatest ever coach as much as we hate it.

24 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure why it bothers you so much but it’s the truth

It’s just a meaningless statement.  How many underdogs defeat teams with winning records?  You present it as if McD has “failed” and that’s what I think is disingenuous.  If McD was losing games he should win, we’d have a problem.

Off top of my head:

2018 Vikings and Jags

2019 Cowboys Steelers 

Vikings win foreshadowed the problems that team would have over the next couple of years.

Steelers were on their 3rd QB, but winning in Pittsburgh is still tough.

Tenn last year was a bigger win than most people thought at the time.

Cowboys win in Dallas on Thanksgiving is biggest win for McD. 

There will be no shortage of opportunities this year though - LA, KC, Seattle, New England x 2, Pittsburgh with Ben, even AZ and a wounded Sanfran will be very good contests 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Off top of my head:

2018 Vikings and Jags

2019 Cowboys Steelers 

The 2018 Jags team went 5-11.  The cowboys, while a prime time game, were one of the biggest frauds teams in a long time and went 8-8.  The Steelers had the worst qb play in the nfl at the time we played them.  So the easy answer is the Vikings.

honestly in a lot of sports, if you simply beat bad teams, you can have a lot of results.  So far, this team really hasn’t beaten good teams.  Last year, we didn’t need to.  That’s why I love this schedule this year.  I don’t think the Rams are a great team but it would be a really nice win.  Same with a bunch of opponents coming up.  I wanna see where this team stacks up for real.  

13 hours ago, eball said:

Your memory is off. The 2018 Jags were 3-7 when the also 3-7 Bills faced them. 

Sammy wasn’t on the Bills in 2017 when they beat KC. 

I think McD’s signature win was in Atlanta in 2017. That’s what injected real belief into this franchise

Mine was the Minnie win; don’t forget the Bills charter was flying the wrong way IIRC, which was endlessly mocked at the time, and the Bills were something crazy underdogs going in, no one gave them a prayer of winning JA’s 1st road start including many here—wasn’t this the infamous “I bet 5K against the Bills without my wife knowing and lost” game?? :w00t: