Fantasy football advice needed

Logic

Okay, so Saquon Barkley being out for the year has decimated my RB corps.

I currently have Antonio Gibson and Devin Singletary starting. Yeah. Ugly. 

I am being offered Nick Chubb (RB9) and TJ Hockenson (TE9) in exchange for Travis Kelce (TE1) and Devin Singletary (RB32).

Obviously, getting my hands on a top 10 running back in a run-heavy offensive scheme is a great get, AND I still get a top 10 TE (so far) back. On the other hand, giving up TE1 is no easy decision. It just seems like an uphill battle to try to win a fantasy league without any top end running backs.

Does the improvement in production from Singletary to Chubb outweigh the drop-off in production from Kelce to Hockenson? What say you, fantasy experts?

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Chubb is losing work to Hunt rn

I mean...Chubb out-carried Hunt in week 2. Hunt is clearly the preferred receiving back, and will see more work if the Browns fall behind.

On the other hand, The Browns under Stefanski are poised to have one of the run heaviest attacks in the NFL.

It's a tough one...

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

PPR or no

Yes, which I realize limits Chubb's upside. 

Still...I can't stress the terribleness of my current running back depth chart enough. lol. Gibson is still a total wild card, and Singletary's floor is really low most weeks. Hmmm...

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

pick up a free agent like Kelly on LAC

Wish I could.

12-team league with more bench spots than usual. There is nothing -- and I mean nothing -- on the waiver wire at RB. 

Conversely, I could land sneaky waiver wire TEs like Jordan Akins (2nd in targets on Texans) or Drew Sample (2nd in targets on Bengals). 

It feels like I'm leaning yes...but trading away a guy like Kelce is tough to pull the trigger on. Then again, getting a guy like Chubb back is hard to turn down.

Who would you play at TE if you do the deal?

nvm: missed the Hock 

One way to look at this: 

you’d be losing players on offenses that are top in the league (bills, chiefs) in exchange for players that are with the browns and lions.

which offenses would you rather have a piece of? 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

While we’re at it, what do you think of this:

Kenyan Drake for Chris Godwin in a .5 PPR league?

That's a tough one.

I tend to think of good running backs as harder to come by than good receivers.

Drake had an ADP at the top of the 2nd round. Godwin at the bottom. 

I suppose it would depend on what else you have at each respective position. 

This website has it pretty close, too:

https://www.lineupexperts.com/football/trade-analysis?trade=chris-godwin_for_kenyan-drake

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.